Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

*APGA, PDP Aspirants Panic Over Peter Obi, Maduka Romance - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / *APGA, PDP Aspirants Panic Over Peter Obi, Maduka Romance (28959 Views)

Aisha Yesufu And David Hundeyin Fight Dirty Over Peter Obi / David Hundeyin Takes A Swipe At Tinubu Over Peter Obi / World Sickle Cell Day: Peter Obi, Maduka Commiserate With Victims (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *APGA, PDP Aspirants Panic Over Peter Obi, Maduka Romance by wink2015(m): 4:24pm On Jun 21, 2021
This Igbo politicians somehow lived far away from the upheaval going on in the south east as a result of the activities of iPOB and UGM.

They seems to show no signs of pain even though many of their youth are hounded by the federal securities agencies, shot, arrested and even killed in extra-judicial manners.
Re: *APGA, PDP Aspirants Panic Over Peter Obi, Maduka Romance by omlueh(m): 4:26pm On Jun 21, 2021
All Politicians are Hypocrite, Thieves, Liars and BASTARDS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: *APGA, PDP Aspirants Panic Over Peter Obi, Maduka Romance by lexy2014: 4:26pm On Jun 21, 2021
GLeesMODEL:
*APGA, PDP Aspirants Panic Over Peter Obi, Maduka Romance*

As the governorship primary of the Peoples Democratic Party holds on June 26, one of the frontline guber aspirants, Dr Godwin Maduka, appears to be in pole position to grab the governorship ticket of the Party.

Maduka's recent political romance with the leader of the party and former governor of the State, Mr. Peter Obi, is sending shivers down the spines of other PDP governorship aspirants.

Though the former governor may not have openly endorsed any aspirant for the party's guber ticket, it is believed he may be 'sympathetic" to the guber bid of the Orumba born medical doctor .

The Obi- Maduka romance, is also causing ripples in the All Progressive Grand Alliance, APGA, ostensibly because of Peter Obi's towering political influence and weight on Anambra politics.

The former governor has remained a political collosus in the State and has maintained a father figure status in the State, because of his outstanding and impressive performance, when he governed Anambra State for eight years on the platform of APGA.

It is believed that whoever Mr. Peter Obi endorses for the PDP guber Primary and forthcoming guber election, is one inch close to Government House, Awka.

Observers of the forthcoming governorship election in the State, contend that the recent romance between Dr. Maduka and Peter Obi, is also raising eyebrows among stakeholders in the State, including aspirants in APGA, APC and other political parties.

Last Saturday, Dr. Maduka was the only governorship aspirant present at Mr. Peter Obi's hometown, Agulu, where the former governor led Dr. Maduka to commiserate with victims of Sickle Cell ailment.

The event was part of activities to celebrate World Sickle Cell Day.

Dr. Maduka and Peter Obi were together, when they paid a condolence visit to the family of late PDP Youth Leader in Agulu Ward one, Jonathan Obiesie.

While condoling with the family of the deceased to bear the loss of Mr. Obiesie with fortitude, Mr.Obi, also spoke on the need for the people of Anambra State to elect a credible governor in the forthcoming election.

He said Anambra State is in dire need of someone commited to the development of the State, and not one who will embezzle State funds and impoverish the people.

He also stated there is need for the people of the State, to elect a governor who has positive antecedents and good records in tbe past.

Political observers contend that Mr.Obi's postulation, perfectly suits Dr. Maduka, who is the only governorship aspirant, known to have impacted positively on the lives of the people of Anambra State through the activities of his Foundation.

https://www.statepress.ng/2021/06/anambra-2021-apga-pdp-aspirants-panic.html?m=1

Can u define romance based on a days interaction?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: *APGA, PDP Aspirants Panic Over Peter Obi, Maduka Romance by Uncleodi(m): 4:27pm On Jun 21, 2021
Guyman02:
Anyone that Peter Obi recommends has his chances boosted by 50%.
That guy transformed Anambra state to having the best affordable public education system till date and overtaking South West in a few years in terms of mass performance in WAEC and NECO, as a result of which they are imposed with the highest cutoff marks in JAMB and admissions criteria.
Another thing I noticed when I visited that state is that they have the best and most extensive rural road network in Nigeria.

You are very right

2 Likes

Re: *APGA, PDP Aspirants Panic Over Peter Obi, Maduka Romance by frankson1(m): 4:30pm On Jun 21, 2021
Kobicove:
Sensational headline grin

The panic is in only the PDP grin

I don't know why other parties should panic. It's more like saying other parties are panicking because Wike already have a successor. It's a PDP matter. The OP should park well
Re: *APGA, PDP Aspirants Panic Over Peter Obi, Maduka Romance by PrinceOfLagos: 4:32pm On Jun 21, 2021
God bless the people's party, The PDP
Re: *APGA, PDP Aspirants Panic Over Peter Obi, Maduka Romance by MartinsD12(m): 4:33pm On Jun 21, 2021
GLeesMODEL:
*APGA, PDP Aspirants Panic Over Peter Obi, Maduka Romance*

As the governorship primary of the Peoples Democratic Party holds on June 26, one of the frontline guber aspirants, Dr Godwin Maduka, appears to be in pole position to grab the governorship ticket of the Party.

Maduka's recent political romance with the leader of the party and former governor of the State, Mr. Peter Obi, is sending shivers down the spines of other PDP governorship aspirants.

Though the former governor may not have openly endorsed any aspirant for the party's guber ticket, it is believed he may be 'sympathetic" to the guber bid of the Orumba born medical doctor .

The Obi- Maduka romance, is also causing ripples in the All Progressive Grand Alliance, APGA, ostensibly because of Peter Obi's towering political influence and weight on Anambra politics.

The former governor has remained a political collosus in the State and has maintained a father figure status in the State, because of his outstanding and impressive performance, when he governed Anambra State for eight years on the platform of APGA.

It is believed that whoever Mr. Peter Obi endorses for the PDP guber Primary and forthcoming guber election, is one inch close to Government House, Awka.

Observers of the forthcoming governorship election in the State, contend that the recent romance between Dr. Maduka and Peter Obi, is also raising eyebrows among stakeholders in the State, including aspirants in APGA, APC and other political parties.

Last Saturday, Dr. Maduka was the only governorship aspirant present at Mr. Peter Obi's hometown, Agulu, where the former governor led Dr. Maduka to commiserate with victims of Sickle Cell ailment.

The event was part of activities to celebrate World Sickle Cell Day.

Dr. Maduka and Peter Obi were together, when they paid a condolence visit to the family of late PDP Youth Leader in Agulu Ward one, Jonathan Obiesie.

While condoling with the family of the deceased to bear the loss of Mr. Obiesie with fortitude, Mr.Obi, also spoke on the need for the people of Anambra State to elect a credible governor in the forthcoming election.

He said Anambra State is in dire need of someone commited to the development of the State, and not one who will embezzle State funds and impoverish the people.

He also stated there is need for the people of the State, to elect a governor who has positive antecedents and good records in tbe past.

Political observers contend that Mr.Obi's postulation, perfectly suits Dr. Maduka, who is the only governorship aspirant, known to have impacted positively on the lives of the people of Anambra State through the activities of his Foundation.

https://www.statepress.ng/2021/06/anambra-2021-apga-pdp-aspirants-panic.html?m=1
Maduka will do better as a governor, with Peter Obi there as a director he has no problem, but then it's not going to be an easy ride as we have soludo in apga but going by obiano poor performance especially in his second term, I see Maduka coming out as the governor if free and fair election is observed, let the anambrians speak, I know they can't be intimidated by federal might so Apc is not even going there at all the battle is between PDP vs apga and Maduka seem to have done more for his people than soludo who has not touched the grassroots

4 Likes

Re: *APGA, PDP Aspirants Panic Over Peter Obi, Maduka Romance by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jun 21, 2021
Peter obi, Man wey sabi

1 Like

Re: *APGA, PDP Aspirants Panic Over Peter Obi, Maduka Romance by Cuntface: 4:41pm On Jun 21, 2021
Righteousness2:
Anambra has got a host of Great men/women on the ballot box.
Ifeanyi uba, Soludo, Maduka, Chief Okwuosa , the former Transcorp director, Dr Ekwueme daughter, etc
Personally, I will love to see Dr Maduka as Governor. I see him as a very interesting candidate..

Let the people's Choice take it.
Politics should not be a Do or Die thing..

Hehehehe APC stooge
Re: *APGA, PDP Aspirants Panic Over Peter Obi, Maduka Romance by Solsix(m): 4:44pm On Jun 21, 2021
Peter obi is for val ozigbo stop confusing us
Re: *APGA, PDP Aspirants Panic Over Peter Obi, Maduka Romance by Noshitboi(m): 4:47pm On Jun 21, 2021
Armrest:

If you are not a politician, you'll a lot of peace of mind.
Your ants abi spider don dey form bandits. Buhari is watching them grin grin
Re: *APGA, PDP Aspirants Panic Over Peter Obi, Maduka Romance by Obere4u: 4:48pm On Jun 21, 2021
Tony Nwoye laughs
Re: *APGA, PDP Aspirants Panic Over Peter Obi, Maduka Romance by ogbuefi677(m): 4:53pm On Jun 21, 2021
Guyman02:
That guy transformed Anambra state to having the best affordable public education system till date and overtaking South West in a few years in terms of mass performance in WAEC and NECO, as a result of which they are imposed with the highest cutoff marks in JAMB and admissions criteria.
Another thing I noticed when I visited that state is that they have the best and most extensive rural road network in Nigeria.
I keep telling ppl this but they don't believe.
After Abuja, Anambra has the best road network in the whole country courtesy of Ngige and Obi.
Lagos doesn't even come close.

3 Likes

Re: *APGA, PDP Aspirants Panic Over Peter Obi, Maduka Romance by Jeetech01(m): 4:59pm On Jun 21, 2021
Okay
Re: *APGA, PDP Aspirants Panic Over Peter Obi, Maduka Romance by Feggie3: 5:08pm On Jun 21, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
God bless the people's party, The PDP
Rubbish!!
Re: *APGA, PDP Aspirants Panic Over Peter Obi, Maduka Romance by okonyia(m): 5:08pm On Jun 21, 2021
That wouldn't give maduka ticket. In a much as media has made a lot of noise trying to promote him, Anambra State is a very unique State, which the people know what they want. I might be wrong, but Maduka, Is not what we need, he might really have good intentions, but he will nevermake a good governor. We need some one who can be trusted and understands the need the people and CA not be pursh around. Maduka has been in US, for years, and we have credible people on ground who has contributed to the development of Anambra in one way or the other. And people like Maduka are the likes of Rochas Okorocha, that if he wins, the next thing,he will decamp to APC. That's is for sure. His plan is not for governoship alone but he has eye in Federal level, just like governor Umeahi, and Ben Ayade.

1 Like

Re: *APGA, PDP Aspirants Panic Over Peter Obi, Maduka Romance by 8stargeneral: 5:11pm On Jun 21, 2021
Guyman02:
sounds to be true
Re: *APGA, PDP Aspirants Panic Over Peter Obi, Maduka Romance by JohnBullMySon: 5:17pm On Jun 21, 2021
Afam4eva:

I've always liked Soludo but this Maduka guy is making me think twice.
Me too. Soludo is intelligent as well. But this Maduka looks like someone that will change the status quo in Nigerian governance.
Re: *APGA, PDP Aspirants Panic Over Peter Obi, Maduka Romance by galaxy2020(m): 5:37pm On Jun 21, 2021
Anambra have good candidates in all the parties. Thank God, thugs don't run things anymore in Anambra. Let the people's vote count.

1 Like

Re: *APGA, PDP Aspirants Panic Over Peter Obi, Maduka Romance by plot697: 5:47pm On Jun 21, 2021
Afam4eva:

I've always liked Soludo but this Maduka guy is making me think twice.

Honestly, let's remain with Soludo. The two are likeable gentlemen.

1 Like

Re: *APGA, PDP Aspirants Panic Over Peter Obi, Maduka Romance by Armrest: 5:53pm On Jun 21, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Noshitboi:
Your ants abi spider don dey form bandits. Buhari is watching them grin grin
Re: *APGA, PDP Aspirants Panic Over Peter Obi, Maduka Romance by Tareq1105: 6:09pm On Jun 21, 2021
IJOBA11:
OK

When he gets there now, Obi will be the first political godfather to be crushed.

Fear politicians.
Re: *APGA, PDP Aspirants Panic Over Peter Obi, Maduka Romance by Freebills12: 6:21pm On Jun 21, 2021
He may be a good man, not doubting the fact, but the problem lies withthe cohorts he is going to work with. The likes of Eseluenuego n' Uga and Co will be at the helm of affairs in Anambra state govt... That is the only problem
Re: *APGA, PDP Aspirants Panic Over Peter Obi, Maduka Romance by kelly72: 7:01pm On Jun 21, 2021
In November by the grace of God, it will be a straight fight between Chukwuma Soludo and Godwin Maduka. But Soludo will have to let go and probably find a job at the federal.

Godwin Maduka is another Peter Obi in the making. Anambra people now have another rare opportunity to give massive development to themselves and I am confident they will seize it.

1 Like

Re: *APGA, PDP Aspirants Panic Over Peter Obi, Maduka Romance by InvertedHammer: 7:20pm On Jun 21, 2021
/
Peter Obi gave them Willie Obiano. .

That's so much how Anambra people should trust his judgment. He later moved to Obaze's camp and couldn't outwit Obiano because the only political influence they have in SE is the power of incumbency.
Loyalty blows like wind.

Nigerian politicians are treacherous. The result will be out on the D-day.

/
Re: *APGA, PDP Aspirants Panic Over Peter Obi, Maduka Romance by udomonday: 7:44pm On Jun 21, 2021
Sebastine1994:
After endorsing him, give him jazz to swear loyalty.

obi seems to like this man ,

but a man that has invested a lot to win election, what do you think he would do when he smells power and money.

he is obviously not here for the money.he is stinkingly rich already.he just wants to change the narrative of governance.
Re: *APGA, PDP Aspirants Panic Over Peter Obi, Maduka Romance by Salvichealth: 7:49pm On Jun 21, 2021
Dr Maduka is a goal. He has done it in his community, I believe he will do it in anambra. This I have seen
Re: *APGA, PDP Aspirants Panic Over Peter Obi, Maduka Romance by NAPC1(m): 9:47pm On Jun 21, 2021
kenzysmith:
This maduka of a guy might not even be PDP flag bearer the flag bearer is already doing underground neigociation

Even if he ended up not being PDP flag-bearer, he will support the flag-bearer. Let us not erase the fact that he is doing well...
Re: *APGA, PDP Aspirants Panic Over Peter Obi, Maduka Romance by BossJamal: 10:22pm On Jun 21, 2021
ogbuefi677:

I keep telling ppl this but they don't believe.
After Abuja, Anambra has the best road network in the whole country courtesy of Ngige and Obi.
Lagos doesn't even come close.

Lol...this is a big fat lie. Anambra is a state with 90% bad and untarred roads. Those things aint roads..those are bush paths. This is how u guys beat chests upon chests but we cant really see what d chest beating is all about. If u think i am lying check this thread https://www.nairaland.com/4245053/update-developments-anambra-state-photos/706
The way u guys talk so much about a thing in ur state one will think Anambra is a mini London but d reverse is always d case. For someone that has visited Anambra before the state is stilll below average in terms of development especially roads. So pls enough with the chest beating cool
Re: *APGA, PDP Aspirants Panic Over Peter Obi, Maduka Romance by Halo22: 10:32pm On Jun 21, 2021
As long as APGA is having issues in Anambra and APC doesn't have a popular candidate, I see Dr Maduka coasting home with victory.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To "Army Raid" Of Nnamdi Kanu's Home / Audio Conversation Of Shettima And Amosun Is Fake (Fact Checked) / Atiku: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Should Elect Me President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.