Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,721 members, 7,955,702 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:22 PM

Princess Diana's Scared Note: 'my Husband Is Planning An Accident' - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Princess Diana's Scared Note: 'my Husband Is Planning An Accident' (311 Views)

U.S Nuclear Bomb Damaged In An Accident At Dutch Air Base (Photos) / Prince William & Harry Unveil Princess Diana's Statue (Pictures) / Prince Harry & Meghan Welcome Baby Girl - Lilibet Lili Diana Mountbatten-Windsor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Princess Diana's Scared Note: 'my Husband Is Planning An Accident' by irririchris(m): 12:55am On Jun 22, 2021
Prince Charles Was Secretly Questioned over Princess Diana's Scared Note: 'My Husband Is Planning an Accident'

Prince Charles was interviewed at St. James's Palace as a witness in 2005

Prince Charles was questioned by the U.K. police in 2005 about the death of his ex-wife, Princess Diana, according to a new report.

The probe was part of Operation Paget, the investigation into the various conspiracy theories surrounding Diana's death launched by the British Metropolitan Police in 2004.

Former head of Scotland Yard John Stevens told the Daily Mail that he spoke to Prince Charles about a note that Princess Diana wrote in 1995 which said, "My husband is planning 'an accident' in my car, brake failure and serious head injury," so that he could marry Tiggy Legge-Bourke, a nanny for Prince William and Prince Harry. Charles and Diana divorced in 1996.

Prince Charles was interviewed at St. James's Palace as a witness two years into the investigation after the note became public in 2003.

"Yes, allegations had been made about the Prince of Wales and other royals but we had to find or examine the [existing] evidence before we approached him with formal questions," Stevens told the outlet. "We found no other evidence to support the scenario suggested in Diana's note."

RELATED: Prince Charles Told Princess Diana He Didn't Love Her the Night Before Their Wedding, Her Friend Claims

"We were left with the note, which in itself was not enough to make Charles a formal suspect," he continued. "If he chose to assist [Operation] Paget, he would be doing so voluntarily as a potential witness. We would not be interviewing him under caution."

Stevens reportedly read the note to Prince Charles then asked him: "Why do you think the princess wrote this note, sir?"

The royal replied, "I did not know anything about [the note] until it was published in the media."

"You didn't discuss this note with her, sir?" Stevens asked, to which Charles said, "No, I did not know it existed."

When asked, "Do you know why the princess had these feelings, sir?" Charles replied, "No, I don't."

"At the end of the day he was incredibly cooperative because he had nothing to hide," Stevens told the Daily Mail.

Although Prince Charles, now 72, cooperated with the investigation, his father, Prince Philip, declined to assist in the investigation. He returned a request to comment on the allegations with three words, "No, thank you."

[size=8pt][/size][img]

Sourced from-- https://people.com/royals/prince-charles-questioned-over-princess-diana-scared-note/?utm_campaign=peoplemagazine&utm_content=new&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=60d10bf27dda3e0001b6a868

1 Share

Re: Princess Diana's Scared Note: 'my Husband Is Planning An Accident' by illicit(m): 1:35am On Jun 22, 2021
No love
Re: Princess Diana's Scared Note: 'my Husband Is Planning An Accident' by Praxis758: 1:43am On Jun 22, 2021
Another topic for the media to debate.

Princess Diana's letter does not hold any water with the insecurities, hunger and uncertainties bevedeling us. Let the dead be.

I'm quietly waiting for the next errorneous, unpresidential and jingoistic media interview statements from Buhari.
Re: Princess Diana's Scared Note: 'my Husband Is Planning An Accident' by saheedbadmus(m): 1:44am On Jun 22, 2021
Royalty and wahala ..
Re: Princess Diana's Scared Note: 'my Husband Is Planning An Accident' by Karlovych: 2:08am On Jun 22, 2021
embarassed embarassed British royalty and their problems, Nigeria should be more worried about that mistake currently in Aso Rock.
Re: Princess Diana's Scared Note: 'my Husband Is Planning An Accident' by Nobody: 6:20am On Jun 22, 2021
And even if he did know about the 'letter', you know 'the King can do not wrong, right?'

Well, that is still a thing. smiley

Let it rest.

(1) (Reply)

The Trumpeting Trump And The Prophecy / Russia's Ruble Falls To 117 Per US Dollar, A Decline Of 41% / Nearly 4 Million People Have Fled Ukraine To Neighbouring Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.