Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,849 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Funerals Have Taken A New Dimension In The East - Events (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Funerals Have Taken A New Dimension In The East (61006 Views)

Cleric, Bride’s Father Disagree On Who Should Declare Marriage Has Taken Place / Opinion: Nairaland has taken a downward stride / Photos Of Women Paid To Cry At The Funerals Of Strangers (Video) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Funerals Have Taken A New Dimension In The East by djon78(m): 12:26pm On Jun 23, 2021
I think its More about celebration of life
Especially when the deceased lived long on the Earth

And families that can afford that does so

And it's culture

Recently my Dad's elder brother died, to be buried in August

The family is planning a befitting burial for him

He died at the age of 94

A cousin of mine buried his mum in February who was in her 80s
They spent heavily
The woman had children both in the US and Germany
And they buried the woman well

Like I said
If the parents live long on Earth
The burial is taking as a celebration of life
Thanking God for giving such parent a long life on the Earth

Re: Funerals Have Taken A New Dimension In The East by Dantee8433: 12:39pm On Jun 23, 2021
The stupidity contained in some comments above are mind boggling...... undecided
Re: Funerals Have Taken A New Dimension In The East by luvsalamat1991(m): 12:43pm On Jun 23, 2021
prof2007:

-- Article by Azuka Onwuka.

SOURCE: https://punchng.com/funerals-have-taken-a-new-dimension-in-the-east/
God bless you.you nailed it,if this money use for funeral is been share among the family member to do business a least it will reduce poverty.
Re: Funerals Have Taken A New Dimension In The East by SimplyShit: 1:34pm On Jun 23, 2021
Masterkernel1:

It's a people's culture, so... Walk pass if you don't like it because every tribe has theirs.

Isi okpo read again
Re: Funerals Have Taken A New Dimension In The East by nextstep(m): 1:37pm On Jun 23, 2021
All the money people are using to bury the dead... if only they spent it on them when they were living... undecided

Re: Funerals Have Taken A New Dimension In The East by egunna(m): 1:40pm On Jun 23, 2021
Tranquillity360:
Who agreed to your foolish submission?

Go fight for your allah.

Religion of piss indeed.

Am done with a boko haram member.
Boko is not Haram for me.thank God u know I am educated and enlightened.am very sure am ahead of u academically.i notice u ve sounded the same so far,is it that u are limited academically.u ve not said more than u ve bb saying.just thinking.
Re: Funerals Have Taken A New Dimension In The East by authority2006(m): 2:04pm On Jun 23, 2021
Same people are also building houses all over the place, even as prices of building materials double and triple within few months under the regime of Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd).

The Punch editor's signature, sworn enemy of Buhari
Re: Funerals Have Taken A New Dimension In The East by authority2006(m): 2:10pm On Jun 23, 2021
Nbotee:
Every tribe and culture in the South does a massive celebration of life for an aged parent not jus the South East even though burial ceremony in some states Anambra especially have always been a huge event. I attended the post burial party of a South Western grandma who from all indications had lots of grandchildren and children who were all well to do. The reception had bottles of wine U can only see in wine stores and souvenirs U would think U were attending a wedding party.. So its not restricted to jus the south East both to southern region in general and mostly by wealthy families

How's wasting money on the burial ceremony of a dead family member relate to celebration of life?
Re: Funerals Have Taken A New Dimension In The East by FlipModeSquade(m): 4:03pm On Jun 23, 2021
Edusouls:
Your already a lost soul on earth that needs serious prayers and divine intervention, cos I bet you if you die in this your state, it would hard to escape eternal damnation and hell fire, look for help in time..
So which of the heavens and hellfire are you and I heading to?

The one for you Christians..

The one for the Muslims..

The one for the Hindus..

The one for the Confucius..

The one for Budha..

The one for Sango..

Or the one for Amadioha?

GUY shift..

No be today I done dey hear all these rubbishgrin

Re: Funerals Have Taken A New Dimension In The East by Edusouls(m): 5:01pm On Jun 23, 2021
We are nothing but a mere human being very fragile and vulnerable, we are not even guaranteed of being alive the next 5 minutes, so continue living a careless and ignorant life, but surely you regret it, but I pray it won’t be too late for you by then..bye
FlipModeSquade:
So which of the heavens and hellfire are you and I heading to?

The one for you Christians..

The one for the Muslims..

The one for the Hindus..

The one for the Confucius..

The one for Budha..

The one for Sango..

Or the one for Amadioha?

GUY shift..

No be today I done dey hear all these rubbishgrin
Re: Funerals Have Taken A New Dimension In The East by FlipModeSquade(m): 5:03pm On Jun 23, 2021
Edusouls:
We are nothing but a mere human being very fragile and vulnerable, we are not even guaranteed of being alive the next 5 minutes, so continue living a careless and ignorant life, but surely you regret it, but I pray it won’t be too late for you by then..bye
Rada rada..

You have said NOTHING..

I asked a question and you are here forming philosopher..

If you no get anything intelligent to say..

SHIFT!! angry

Re: Funerals Have Taken A New Dimension In The East by Princewell2012(m): 5:16pm On Jun 23, 2021
Tranquillity360:
Onye ji ego kwashie Nne n'Nna ya ike.

If you have money do the burial of your father,mother,grandma and grandpa in big way.Na something you do once in life time,Na you go bury your papa and mama no be them.
Afterall the money you go spend still enter in pockets of Umu Igbo who may even be your relatives.which is helping the ministry move to permanent sitegrin grin

We are Igbos and we value life,the very reason we don't kill at will.

Abi you wan bury a man/woman that have sons
and daughters that are doctor,lawyer,lecturer,etc,Like you are burying a Chicken.

But if you no too get money(because every Igbo man have money) just do it as your strength reach.

Chukwu gozie Umu Igbo nile.

You are very correct, despite that am still managing, I spent roughly a million when Iost my dad two years ago if not more.
Re: Funerals Have Taken A New Dimension In The East by Princewell2012(m): 5:32pm On Jun 23, 2021
Akudaisi:
I do believe that the day of someone's death is greater than the day he was born,but when a loved one dies just do as much as you can,no do pass ur sef

Yes whenever you gave me such advice j, I will accept it but make sure you couple it up with some cash of money. Igbo burial involved a lots of money. Despite . Despite how I manage I spent roughly a million plus doing my father's burial.

Though it wasn't easy, I know what I pass through but God saw me through. Am the first born of our parents.
Re: Funerals Have Taken A New Dimension In The East by Amotekun777: 5:45pm On Jun 23, 2021
Fvcked up people and culture.. angry
Re: Funerals Have Taken A New Dimension In The East by Ginomel(m): 6:14pm On Jun 23, 2021
Probably due to popularity of the people involved because if you are introverted,many people will not be there for you.

Re: Funerals Have Taken A New Dimension In The East by AShadow(m): 8:26pm On Jun 23, 2021
winnerolivia:
tradition is tradition bro, it doesn't matter..
At the end of the day, everyone will do what he can but a well spent life on earth is worth celebrating after demise.

And spending excessively at a burial is the best way to celebrate one after his demise?

Money you should have used to take care of the person while alive but didn't, you'll bring it all out to celebrate the person. Make we reason this thing na

Guests Dance To "One Corner" At A Wedding (Photos, Video) / Money Rains As Igbo Big Men Throw Cash At Dancing Couple / Twin Sisters Wed Same Day To Their Childhood Friends (photos)