Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Top 5 UNIPORT Alumni Making Nigeria Proud - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 5 UNIPORT Alumni Making Nigeria Proud (27016 Views)

Video Of A Lecturer Sexually Harassing A Student Released By RSUTV - UNIPORT / I See Membership Of Alumni Whatsapp Groups As WASTE Of Time: Am I Wrong? / Abisoye Ajayi-akinfolarin Wins CNN Heroes Awards 2018!!! Makes Nigeria Proud!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 UNIPORT Alumni Making Nigeria Proud by Chachamiliano: 6:06pm On Jun 22, 2021
LegalWolf:

With the exception of ABU, tell me any school who beats this record? Just one ☝️ amongst second generation universities?

They are many. You have the likes of
Uniben
Uni-Ilorin

Just to mention a few

1 Like

Re: Top 5 UNIPORT Alumni Making Nigeria Proud by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 22, 2021
This crap compilation. What of Rotimi Amaechi the transport minister? what wike that studied political science before starting a degree in law.
What is Agbani darego doing on the list? please close this thread cos it is grossly misleading.
Re: Top 5 UNIPORT Alumni Making Nigeria Proud by 24SEVEN: 6:13pm On Jun 22, 2021
What fuckery.

Where is Amaechi??

1 Like

Re: Top 5 UNIPORT Alumni Making Nigeria Proud by 9jaRealist: 6:35pm On Jun 22, 2021
angry
Re: Top 5 UNIPORT Alumni Making Nigeria Proud by RioCarputo(m): 6:42pm On Jun 22, 2021
what about Nigerian renowned actor, Sam Dede??
Re: Top 5 UNIPORT Alumni Making Nigeria Proud by 9jaRealist: 6:44pm On Jun 22, 2021
AmadiAba:

https://igberetvnews.com/1393661/top-5-uniport-alumni-making-nigeria-proud/

DISGRACEFUL…. angry

RICHARD NYONG
would likely be in jail today in any civilized nation for negligent homicide, after the shoddy material and work he used at Lekki Gardens led to a building collapse during construction killing workers. Meanwhile, he has developed a HORRIBLE reputation for FRAUDULENT real estate practices at his Lekki and Abuja estates for failing to deliver what his company promised (and non-maintenance).

TIMIPRE SYLVA is another person who would be in jail in a civilized nation, but then he joined the APC and his MASSIVE corruption cases simply faded away (and presumably his FORTY-EIGHT seized houses simply returned to him). Only in Nigeria!

I am sure UNIPORT is a fine institution, with LOTS of admirable (even if not famous) alumni worth celebrating, but these ones are NOT it!
>

1 Like

Re: Top 5 UNIPORT Alumni Making Nigeria Proud by 9jaRealist: 6:51pm On Jun 22, 2021
datapanel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYm8ATs3W0c

Is Nnamdi Kanu an alumnus of UNIPORT as well? grin
>
Re: Top 5 UNIPORT Alumni Making Nigeria Proud by LegalWolf: 6:53pm On Jun 22, 2021
Chachamiliano:

They are many. You have the likes of
Uniben
Uni-Ilorin

Just to mention a few

Looooooool. How many presidents have uniben or unilorin produced? How many business mogul did any program in Unilorin?

For the record, I’m a product of unilorin and I rep it to the core. But it is wrong for you to downplay uniport success the way u did.
Re: Top 5 UNIPORT Alumni Making Nigeria Proud by jahlove4jah: 7:06pm On Jun 22, 2021
kambili999:
Timpriye sylva

God help us
Help us indeed.
Re: Top 5 UNIPORT Alumni Making Nigeria Proud by Loveybird(f): 7:11pm On Jun 22, 2021
Tonto Dike
Re: Top 5 UNIPORT Alumni Making Nigeria Proud by lexy2014: 7:12pm On Jun 22, 2021
LegalWolf:

Looooooool. How many presidents have uniben or unilorin produced? How many business mogul did any program in Unilorin?

For the record, I’m a product of unilorin and I rep it to the core. But it is wrong for you to downplay uniport success the way u did.

What exactly is d success per se? Is it according to d article?
Re: Top 5 UNIPORT Alumni Making Nigeria Proud by kkboy(m): 7:12pm On Jun 22, 2021
I didn't see my name and that of the honorable minster for transportation Ho. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi.
We too are making uniport proud

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 UNIPORT Alumni Making Nigeria Proud by elmessiahs(m): 7:22pm On Jun 22, 2021
Where is amaechi, wike
Re: Top 5 UNIPORT Alumni Making Nigeria Proud by yusuyo: 7:29pm On Jun 22, 2021
Where is Rotimi Amaechi?

1 Like

Re: Top 5 UNIPORT Alumni Making Nigeria Proud by SonofGod231: 7:32pm On Jun 22, 2021
How can you forget the Honourable Minister of Transportation and remembered Agbani that barely completed her first year in uniport after completing her basic?

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 UNIPORT Alumni Making Nigeria Proud by GuyfawkesAB(m): 7:35pm On Jun 22, 2021
Richard Nyong is a thief, murderer and scammer. His you get sister has also taken up the baton, scamming hundreds of Abuja residents. He is a big disgrace to Uniport.

AmadiAba:

https://igberetvnews.com/1393661/top-5-uniport-alumni-making-nigeria-proud/

Re: Top 5 UNIPORT Alumni Making Nigeria Proud by BeardGangJnr1(m): 8:10pm On Jun 22, 2021
[quote author=LegalWolf post=102986638]

With the exception of ABU, tell me any school who beats this record? Just one ☝️ amongst second generation universities?[l/quote]
UNN alumni mad pass all these ones
Re: Top 5 UNIPORT Alumni Making Nigeria Proud by opribo(m): 8:32pm On Jun 22, 2021
Nigerians say NEVER AGAIN shall an illiterate occupy the number one seat.

They lack creative thinking so they play the ethnic card and religious sentiments.
Re: Top 5 UNIPORT Alumni Making Nigeria Proud by Chachamiliano: 9:10pm On Jun 22, 2021
LegalWolf:

Am not downplaying Uniport. You asked we mention schools with some better Alunmi and I gave you some examples. Being president doesn't me you are the best of mind. So it's not a yardstick. Uniben have produced governors. So for me, I rather use another yardstick to judge both institutions

1 Like

Re: Top 5 UNIPORT Alumni Making Nigeria Proud by Gamesmart: 10:04pm On Jun 22, 2021
lexy2014:

The real question is: Tell me what are the achievements of home-based players in CAN, WAFU, ACL etc. that shows they are worthy as the main base for selection to represent Nigeria instead of the foreign-based players.

grin grin grin
Re: Top 5 UNIPORT Alumni Making Nigeria Proud by lexy2014: 10:05pm On Jun 22, 2021
Gamesmart:

The real question is: Tell me what are the achievements of home-based players in CAN, WAFU, ACL etc. that shows they are worthy as the main base for selection to represent Nigeria instead of the foreign-based players.

grin grin grin

Re: Top 5 UNIPORT Alumni Making Nigeria Proud by LegalWolf: 10:08pm On Jun 22, 2021
Chachamiliano:

Am not downplaying Uniport. You asked we mention schools with some better Alunmi and I gave you some examples. Being president doesn't me you are the best of mind. So it's not a yardstick. Uniben have produced governors. So for me, I rather tell another yardstick to judge both institutions

No you did. You actually downplayed uniport and that was why I asked you to mention schools with better products.

And FYI, saying “..being president doesn’t mean you are the best of mind. So it’s not a yardstick” doesn’t cut it for me. In fact, it is wrong. Being president and governor is a yardstick for success and any school that produces same will be proud of it and echo that to the high heavens. Why do you think Harvard and Oxford are highly rated? Why do you think Columbia business school and Stanford universities are coveted? It’s not because they teach what other universities don’t teach or because they have the smartest of people. No! It’s because they attract highly “successful” people and being president (the highest office in the land) is what they boast of. Every time you read Oxford bulletin, you’ll see them making reference to past alumni holding global positions. But does that mean those alumni are the best out there? I leave you to answer that.

One more point: saying being president is not a yardstick is fallacious. It’s the same as saying being professor or CEO of a fortune500 company is not a yardstick because the holder it’s not all professors that are the smartest in their class neither is every CEO the smartest amongst their colleagues. So please and please, until and second generation university produce a president of the federal republic of Nigeria, uniport has every right to brag (much more than schools that haven’t produced same)

I think uniport ought to pay me for this PR. A Northern Pullo by tribe who has never been to port harcourt defending that school at the expense of his. Whoa!

1 Like

Re: Top 5 UNIPORT Alumni Making Nigeria Proud by Africankel(m): 11:14pm On Jun 22, 2021
Rotimi Amaechi
Re: Top 5 UNIPORT Alumni Making Nigeria Proud by subcbouy: 11:34pm On Jun 22, 2021
Seems you don't know ken etete too well.
Re: Top 5 UNIPORT Alumni Making Nigeria Proud by mrksquare: 12:57am On Jun 23, 2021
Re: Top 5 UNIPORT Alumni Making Nigeria Proud by Nerosoft19(m): 3:22am On Jun 23, 2021
One day my name will be on this list
Re: Top 5 UNIPORT Alumni Making Nigeria Proud by asunmoGGMU(m): 6:57am On Jun 23, 2021
LegalWolf:

There's a difference between being a "president" and "making Nigeria proud". I can't even point out one president that has ever made Nigeria proud. Late Professor Pius Adesanmi's exploit in Canada alone is enough to dwarf whatever "pride" all these people on this list brought on Nigeria. Mind you, Agbani Darego didn't "finish" from UNIPORT.
Re: Top 5 UNIPORT Alumni Making Nigeria Proud by Chachamiliano: 8:58am On Jun 23, 2021
LegalWolf:

No you did. You actually downplayed uniport and that was why I asked you to mention schools with better products.

And FYI, saying “..being president doesn’t mean you are the best of mind. So it’s not a yardstick” doesn’t cut it for me. In fact, it is wrong. Being president and governor is a yardstick for success and any school that produces same will be proud of it and echo that to the high heavens. Why do you think Harvard and Oxford are highly rated? Why do you think Columbia business school and Stanford universities are coveted? It’s not because they teach what other universities don’t teach or because they have the smartest of people. No! It’s because they attract highly “successful” people and being president (the highest office in the land) is what they boast of. Every time you read Oxford bulletin, you’ll see them making reference to past alumni holding global positions. But does that mean those alumni are the best out there? I leave you to answer that.

One more point: saying being president is not a yardstick is fallacious. It’s the same as saying being professor or CEO of a fortune500 company is not a yardstick because the holder it’s not all professors that are the smartest in their class neither is every CEO the smartest amongst their colleagues. So please and please, until and second generation university produce a president of the federal republic of Nigeria, uniport has every right to brag (much more than schools that haven’t produced same)

I think uniport ought to pay me for this PR. A Northern Pullo by tribe who has never been to port harcourt defending that school at the expense of his. Whoa!

I was not the one that downplayed it, I only quoted you when you said mention second generational schools better than Uniport.

While I understand every school wants to associate with president or governors, I will still say it's not a yardstick here in Nigeria where politics doesn't center on intelligence and exposures rather, it's centered on nepotism, radicality, religion and others. If I will go by your stand then, it's means Uniport is the best Uni in Nigeria. I rep UNN but I can confidently tell you that no other school except ABU Zaria have produced a president in Nigeria. And if we go by Nigerian politics, only 4 or 5 Universities will keep producing president.

One more thing, do you know that before you run for any high ranking post in the USA and UK,you must have authored a book? You would have been successful in your given field? No wonder most of the management theories we are using today we're author by a United State or UK president. That aside.

If I go by your logic of being a president and CEO/president in Nigeria then you missed the point. The Nigerian constitutions holds that you must have a minimum of WAEC to run for a post right with no level of experience? While to be a professor or a CEO, you know the level of academic work you will put in place and also number of years experience it will take you to attain such height. Being president is not a career path, it's a fixed office tenure while being Professor or CEO is a career path carefully nurtured.

Those comparison, doesn't hold water here in Nigeria. While I agree with you that a school needs to brag or associate with the highest office in the country, for the case of Nigeria, it is not so. It's about who controls resources be it literate of illiterate
Re: Top 5 UNIPORT Alumni Making Nigeria Proud by hofeshhomes: 9:26am On Jun 23, 2021
Our CEO is also a UNIPORT Alumni cool

This list is not exhaustive. What about in Nollywood, abroad, etc?

I guess their motto of "Self Reliance" is real.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OAU Student Union Budgets N1.8m For Phone Calls / That Teacher You Can Never Forget!!!!! / Outcome Of 2024 Utme Results, Who Is To Be Blamed? Parents, Teacher Or Students?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.