Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,474 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

My Bank Account Got Frozen - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Bank Account Got Frozen (1973 Views)

I Have Just N443 In My Bank Account - Kingtblakhoc Cries Out After Bail / My Phone Was Stolen And Money Withdrawn From My Bank Account / "How N37k Was Debited From My Bank Account Through My Stolen Phone" (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bank Account Got Frozen by hashtagged(m): 4:15pm On Jun 22, 2021
I made a savings Sterling bank account and deposited 170k into it, few days after the account was frozen, I went to the bank and they said I deposited over the limit and I should upgrade the account, I provided my nimc but the was an extra name on the nimc that wasn't on the bvn, I was asked to do change of bvn name. That one was another problem.
Pls is there any way I can get my money out of the account or if it's possible to close it.
Re: My Bank Account Got Frozen by Kriss216: 4:16pm On Jun 22, 2021
So, una still get big money for savings in this country? Only you go deposit huge amount of money and expected EFCC not to investigate you?

Thought we agreed not to save again?

7 Likes

Re: My Bank Account Got Frozen by MadamVanessa(f): 4:17pm On Jun 22, 2021
Re: My Bank Account Got Frozen by slawormiir: 4:21pm On Jun 22, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Enter inside bank make you withdraw the money

Do it quickly or else you can't withdraw it anymore

For now you can't withdraw with ATM,pos or do transfer

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bank Account Got Frozen by Brexxit(m): 4:24pm On Jun 22, 2021
I'm suspecting a fraud case here.

My instincts are always right most times.
Op who did you defraud this time?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bank Account Got Frozen by DDDEnterprises: 4:25pm On Jun 22, 2021
Kriss216:
So, una still get big money for savings in this country? Only you go deposit huge amount of money and expected EFCC not to investigate you?

Thought we agreed not to save again?

You and some people agreed not to save again?

You and those people need counselling!
Re: My Bank Account Got Frozen by aycapri(m): 4:39pm On Jun 22, 2021
The reason for freeze may have been due to account, probably you did not provide a valid ID and utility Bill when the account was opened. Account opened without a valid id and utility bill is classified as a tier 1 account and may not be able to receive more than a N50,000 per deposit. And, an account opened with either valid Id or utility Bill will be classified as tier 2 and may not be able to receive over 100,000 per deposit. So, the freeze is called tier lien. It is a cbn policy. So, I would advice you get your valid id and utility bill of your current address for the account upgrade. Your account is fine, you don’t have anything to worry about.

1 Like

Re: My Bank Account Got Frozen by hashtagged(m): 4:44pm On Jun 22, 2021
Brexxit:
I'm suspecting a fraud case here.
My instincts are always right most times. Op who did you defraud this time?
I didn't defraud anyone the transfer came from my first bank to the new bank
Re: My Bank Account Got Frozen by hashtagged(m): 4:46pm On Jun 22, 2021
aycapri:
The reason for freeze may have been due to account, probably you did not provide a valid ID and utility Bill when the account was opened. Account opened without a valid id and utility bill is classified as a tier 1 account and may not be able to receive more than a N50,000 per deposit. And, an account opened with either valid Id or utility Bill will be classified as tier 2 and may not be able to receive over 100,000 per deposit. So, the freeze is called tier lien. It is a cbn policy. So, I would advice you get your valid id and utility bill of your current address for the account upgrade. Your account is fine, you don’t have anything to worry about.

can I close the account. I provided my nin and utility bill but they said I have an extra name on my nin that is not on my bvn
Re: My Bank Account Got Frozen by aycapri(m): 4:52pm On Jun 22, 2021
hashtagged:

can I close the account. I provided my nin and utility bill but they said I have an extra name on my nin that is not on my bvn
oh ok, that’s a BVN mismatch. Take the utility bill to the bank you enrolled for the Bvn to update your name. You can close the account, but you may likely experience same thing if you open another account. I would advise you update your Bvn data
Re: My Bank Account Got Frozen by hashtagged(m): 4:55pm On Jun 22, 2021
aycapri:
oh ok, that’s a BVN mismatch. Take the utility bill to the bank you enrolled for the Bvn to update your name. You can close the account, but you may likely experience same thing if you open another account. I would advise you update your Bvn data

Thanks I'll close it, I needed the money urgently and the bvn process I have been there since 10am till now and they don't even know what they are doing
Re: My Bank Account Got Frozen by hopeforcharles(m): 5:15pm On Jun 22, 2021
hashtagged:

Thanks I'll close it, I needed the money urgently and the bvn process I have been there since 10am till now and they don't even know what they are doing
tell them u will get a court affidavit or go to court and tell them to give u affidavit for mistake in name of bvn.
Re: My Bank Account Got Frozen by Elmaaq: 5:28pm On Jun 22, 2021
hashtagged:
I made a savings Sterling bank account and deposited 170k into it, few days after the account was frozen, I went to the bank and they said I deposited over the limit and I should upgrade the account, I provided my nimc but the was an extra name on the nimc that wasn't on the bvn, I was asked to do change of bvn name. That one was another problem.
Pls is there any way I can get my money out of the account or if it's possible to close it.

Bvn change of name can be done in a day
Re: My Bank Account Got Frozen by hashtagged(m): 5:32pm On Jun 22, 2021
Elmaaq:

Bvn change of name can be done in a day
The mumu banker is saying I should go and sign an affidavit
Re: My Bank Account Got Frozen by Elmaaq: 6:16pm On Jun 22, 2021
hashtagged:

The mumu banker is saying I should go and sign an affidavit

Just give them an affidavit they'll keep delaying if you don't
Re: My Bank Account Got Frozen by hashtagged(m): 7:27pm On Jun 23, 2021
aycapri:

Pls they are saying they don't accept the new nimc slip. Can I close the account?
Re: My Bank Account Got Frozen by aycapri(m): 11:43pm On Jun 23, 2021
hashtagged:

Pls they are saying they don't accept the new nimc slip. Can I close the account?
How is that possible? It is the Nimc you would need to update your Bvn. Kindly confirm what they need exactly cos am lost now.
Re: My Bank Account Got Frozen by nedekid: 11:52pm On Jun 23, 2021
Sorry, if I may ask, what are you to upgrade? Is it your deposit limit or to current account?
Just wondering because 170k is just a little over $300. Don't expect a bank to act on that amount.
Re: My Bank Account Got Frozen by nedekid: 11:53pm On Jun 23, 2021
aycapri:
This must be the reason.
Very educative post.
Re: My Bank Account Got Frozen by hashtagged(m): 6:17am On Jun 24, 2021
aycapri:
How is that possible? It is the Nimc you would need to update your Bvn. Kindly confirm what they need exactly cos am lost now.

Yes they said I should bring an affidavit and a government issued id card bearing my name. I only have Nimc, I don't have a voters card
Re: My Bank Account Got Frozen by aycapri(m): 8:16am On Jun 24, 2021
hashtagged:

Yes they said I should bring an affidavit and a government issued id card bearing my name. I only have Nimc, I don't have a voters card
nimc is government issued id, go to the bank and threaten them that you would go to social media. Which kain bank b that?
Re: My Bank Account Got Frozen by hashtagged(m): 8:28am On Jun 24, 2021
aycapri:
nimc is government issued id, go to the bank and threaten them that you would go to social media. Which kain bank b that?

ok thanks
Re: My Bank Account Got Frozen by odogwu190(m): 3:52pm On Jun 24, 2021
You've nothing to worry about bro, they'll refund you your cash but you've to provide them with those stuffs, my turn the asked me to published my name on news paper n I've to come with affidavits also
Re: My Bank Account Got Frozen by resourcedude: 4:02pm On Jun 24, 2021
hashtagged:
YOU MUST DO WHAT THEY ASKED YOU TO DO STEP BY STEP PATIENTLY BEFORE YOU GET YOUR MONEY BACK.
Re: My Bank Account Got Frozen by hashtagged(m): 8:21pm On Jun 24, 2021
odogwu190:
You've nothing to worry about bro, they'll refund you your cash but you've to provide them with those stuffs, my turn the asked me to published my name on news paper n I've to come with affidavits also

I went to another branch and they only told me to fill a bvn update form, but how do I know when the name has been changed

1 Like

Re: My Bank Account Got Frozen by Nobody: 5:01am On Jun 25, 2021
hashtagged:

Simply to a court, depose to a affidavot of correction of
Re: My Bank Account Got Frozen by Nobody: 5:03am On Jun 25, 2021
hashtagged:

Simply go to any court close to you and depose to an affidavit of correction of BVN name. Take it to the bank you registered your BVN. It will be effected within 48hrs. Ensure you attach a photocopy of your NIMC slip as an exhibit.

This should not be a problem

1 Like

Re: My Bank Account Got Frozen by stupidmod3: 7:27am On Jun 25, 2021
hashtagged:
useless bank just do all they tell u to do jeje.

smile say yes ma n sir, greet them, laugh.
when dey finally reopened it.

transfers all d money leave only 1000 naira for recharge card later
Re: My Bank Account Got Frozen by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:15am On Jun 25, 2021
hashtagged:
WETIN be your own? can you read and take the advice people have given you here?
Go and get a affidavit and state your three names ...take it to the bank you did your BVN and they will update it..then get a print out and take into sterling bank to update and withdraw your money..simple!
Re: My Bank Account Got Frozen by hashtagged(m): 9:22am On Jun 25, 2021
valentineuwakwe:

WETIN be your own? can you read and take the advice people have given you here?
Go and get a affidavit and state your three names ...take it to the bank you did your BVN and they will update it..then get a print out and take into sterling bank to update and withdraw your money..simple!

I have done that few days ago, they just told me to fill a form they didn't even ask again for the affidavit I did. But the name hasn't changed cause the name on my bank account is the same
Re: My Bank Account Got Frozen by kecee99(m): 11:27am On Jun 25, 2021
aycapri:
Is there any limit to a savings account opened with both government ID and utility bill?
Re: My Bank Account Got Frozen by aycapri(m): 7:30am On Jun 26, 2021
kecee99:
Is there any limit to a savings account opened with both government ID and utility bill?
no, the account is a tier 3 and it has not transaction limit.

(1) (Reply)

Man Murders Wife's Lover On Matrimonial Bed - Picture / Dubai Police Arrest Africans Fighting In A Residential Area / Meet The Dwarf Jihadist Who Is Barely Taller Than His Machine Gun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.