Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,881 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

NLC Mobilises For Fresh Kaduna Strike, Alleges Breach Of Agreement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Mobilises For Fresh Kaduna Strike, Alleges Breach Of Agreement (10387 Views)

NLC Mobilises Chapters For Total Strike, FG Plans Talks Monday / Fuel Subsidy: You Can't Task The Poor To Pay The Rich - NLC Mobilises For Wed / Fuel Subsidy: NLC Mobilises Affiliates In Preparation For Industrial Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NLC Mobilises For Fresh Kaduna Strike, Alleges Breach Of Agreement by adenigga(m): 1:23am On Jun 23, 2021
THE Nigeria Labour Congress on Tuesday said it would resume its suspended industrial action in Kaduna State over the mass sacking of workers and other anti- labour practices by the Governor Nasir El-Rufai administration.

Though the NLC was not definite, it directed its state councils and affiliate unions to mobilise and officially communicate to all employers of labour in the state for the latest action.

The NLC took the decision after the emergency National Executive Council meeting presided over by its President, Ayuba Wabba, on Tuesday.

Wabba accused El-Rufai of failing to respect the Memorandum of Understanding brokered between the NLC and the state government by the Federal Government.

According to him, the governor has continued to violate the provisions of the MoU, especially the “No victimisation clause”.

Addressing reporters at the end of the meeting, Wabba said the congress, after exhausting all avenues, including writing letters to President Muhammadu Buhari and Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, had decided to resume the strike.

He said, “Owing to the above grievous infractions and continued provocation by the Kaduna State Government against workers and trade unions in the state and despite the fact that we have also complained formally to the Federal Government through the President and Federal Ministry of Labour and Employment on the non-adherence to the MoU, NEC has resolved that the earlier decision to withdraw all services and protest this neo-liberal and extreme right-wing policy should take effect without further delay.
Source: https://punchng.com/NLC-mobilises-for-fresh-Kaduna-strike-alleges-agreement-breached

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Mobilises For Fresh Kaduna Strike, Alleges Breach Of Agreement by Praxis758: 1:35am On Jun 23, 2021
Another threat loading from El-Rufai.

Kaduna is now emerging as the Labour strike, bandittry and state dictatorship capital in Nigeria.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Mobilises For Fresh Kaduna Strike, Alleges Breach Of Agreement by slivertongue: 1:59am On Jun 23, 2021
NLC should pls take it easy with the residents. of kd. El rufia is an arrogant office holder

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Mobilises For Fresh Kaduna Strike, Alleges Breach Of Agreement by helinuesIsaMumu: 2:45am On Jun 23, 2021
I love the way NLC is treating midget hell rufai. No be by who first rant. Ride on NLC, you have our support.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC Mobilises For Fresh Kaduna Strike, Alleges Breach Of Agreement by officialmario(m): 3:54am On Jun 23, 2021
Nice move from the labour leaderr, deal with the idiot, shut down eveywhere.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Mobilises For Fresh Kaduna Strike, Alleges Breach Of Agreement by Monogamy: 4:16am On Jun 23, 2021
NLC should take things easy...

All this gra gra from both sides won't solve the issue

1 Like

Re: NLC Mobilises For Fresh Kaduna Strike, Alleges Breach Of Agreement by olatade(m): 5:44am On Jun 23, 2021
Solidarity forever

11 Likes

Re: NLC Mobilises For Fresh Kaduna Strike, Alleges Breach Of Agreement by adebayo201: 5:44am On Jun 23, 2021
I hope they put things in place for safety because this short man no go take am easy this time around.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Mobilises For Fresh Kaduna Strike, Alleges Breach Of Agreement by adioolayi(m): 5:46am On Jun 23, 2021
El Rufai cannot win this war with NLC the way he is handling this matter. He should embrace dialogue

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Mobilises For Fresh Kaduna Strike, Alleges Breach Of Agreement by Sleekfingers: 5:47am On Jun 23, 2021

2 Likes

Re: NLC Mobilises For Fresh Kaduna Strike, Alleges Breach Of Agreement by Tinubuadvocate: 5:48am On Jun 23, 2021
El rufai is a good public servant.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Mobilises For Fresh Kaduna Strike, Alleges Breach Of Agreement by jditimiya(m): 5:54am On Jun 23, 2021
Is better to tell the governor that is has a timeline and he will be off soon, he should behave and keep to his side of the deal. I use to respect this man when he was the minister of FCT, very focus and goal getter but today he as turn to a beast.

5 Likes

Re: NLC Mobilises For Fresh Kaduna Strike, Alleges Breach Of Agreement by simultaneousboi(m): 5:56am On Jun 23, 2021
Let me know if he is going to sack all the government workers in his state.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Mobilises For Fresh Kaduna Strike, Alleges Breach Of Agreement by Theoarhics: 5:58am On Jun 23, 2021
It's like NLC operations are only limited to Kaduna alone. Thought is a National Union? ...not seen its effect at national level since this govt took over. Na local kaduna champion them be. We have plethora of issues with the fg govt but you hardly see them take any serious action to protect the Nigerian people na only kaduna people them they serve?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Mobilises For Fresh Kaduna Strike, Alleges Breach Of Agreement by akanbiaa(m): 5:59am On Jun 23, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: NLC Mobilises For Fresh Kaduna Strike, Alleges Breach Of Agreement by akanbiaa(m): 6:00am On Jun 23, 2021
Hmmm The biggest winner of the last Kaduna State 1 week warning strike that cashed out big time is the Kaduna Electric Company for even with total black out for 1 week the among on the bill due that month was still increased and people were forced to pay for darkness. Even before the strike electricity was very unreliable and they gave little or nothing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Mobilises For Fresh Kaduna Strike, Alleges Breach Of Agreement by akaahs(m): 6:04am On Jun 23, 2021
We don suffer too much in hand of hell-rufai, make una just leave him, we go manage him till 2023.
Re: NLC Mobilises For Fresh Kaduna Strike, Alleges Breach Of Agreement by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:05am On Jun 23, 2021
Hell rufai go shock

7 Likes

Re: NLC Mobilises For Fresh Kaduna Strike, Alleges Breach Of Agreement by Mossadd: 6:05am On Jun 23, 2021
Nepa should have no business with strike others can go for 1 years I dont care na them vote for hell rufai
Re: NLC Mobilises For Fresh Kaduna Strike, Alleges Breach Of Agreement by TheStranger: 6:07am On Jun 23, 2021
Na like this El'Rufai want to take be president of Nigeria? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: NLC Mobilises For Fresh Kaduna Strike, Alleges Breach Of Agreement by obembet(f): 6:08am On Jun 23, 2021
Guys today is my birthday

Please show me love Subscribe to my YouTube channel.

Obembetv

I love you all

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Mobilises For Fresh Kaduna Strike, Alleges Breach Of Agreement by Dozie32(m): 6:13am On Jun 23, 2021
[quote author=Tinubuadvocate post=102999448]El rufai is a good public servant. [/quote
Thunder go fire you and Hell Rufai

1 Like

Re: NLC Mobilises For Fresh Kaduna Strike, Alleges Breach Of Agreement by franugo(m): 6:14am On Jun 23, 2021
obembet:
Guys today is my birthday

Please show me love Subscribe to my YouTube channel.

Obembetv

I love you all

Happy birthday... You're a day off mine tho, mine was yesterday.

June borns are da best�

3 Likes

Re: NLC Mobilises For Fresh Kaduna Strike, Alleges Breach Of Agreement by obembet(f): 6:17am On Jun 23, 2021
franugo:

Happy birthday... You're a day off mine tho, mine was yesterday.

June borns are da best�

Thanks so much bro. God bless u

Pls don't forget to support my hussle please

Subscribe my YouTube channel

Obembetv

3 Likes

Re: NLC Mobilises For Fresh Kaduna Strike, Alleges Breach Of Agreement by malvisguy212: 6:19am On Jun 23, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
El rufai is a good public servant.
are you in Kaduna ? did you see how he was disgrace in Zaria? PDP did not campaign. even with the presence of elrufai in APC campaign, they lost.

2 Likes

Re: NLC Mobilises For Fresh Kaduna Strike, Alleges Breach Of Agreement by Kuginzi: 6:21am On Jun 23, 2021
NLC should take it easy ooh.
Mass sack loading by El-rufai

1 Like

Re: NLC Mobilises For Fresh Kaduna Strike, Alleges Breach Of Agreement by beautyhd: 6:21am On Jun 23, 2021
The short man devil and liar said no worker was sacked.

Time for Nlc in other states to do likewise, enough of owing of salaries and mass sack if they are not in alliance with your bad governance

4 Likes

Re: NLC Mobilises For Fresh Kaduna Strike, Alleges Breach Of Agreement by authority2006(m): 6:27am On Jun 23, 2021
helinuesIsaMumu:
I love the way NLC is treating midget hell rufai. No be by who first rant. Ride on NLC, you have our support.
officialmario:
Nice move from the labour leaderr, deal with the idiot, shut down eveywhere.

Just because it is kaduna state, right? Many people even thought that NLC is dead in Nigeria going by their blind eye to the happenings at the national level.
Re: NLC Mobilises For Fresh Kaduna Strike, Alleges Breach Of Agreement by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 6:29am On Jun 23, 2021
Pls do it
Save workers

1 Like

Re: NLC Mobilises For Fresh Kaduna Strike, Alleges Breach Of Agreement by jimmynauty: 6:33am On Jun 23, 2021
Monogamy:
NLC should take things easy...

All this gra gra from both sides won't solve the issue

What will?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abia Owes Judges, Doctors 30 Months Salaries – NLC / Reps To Recover Aviation College Helicopters From Individuals / Edo LG Workers Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.