Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,750 members, 7,831,400 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

US Government Blocks 36 Iranian-Affiliated News Websites - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Government Blocks 36 Iranian-Affiliated News Websites (16054 Views)

Israeli Government Blocks Al Jazeera From Broadcasting / The U.S. Navy Has Taken Back Control Of The Israel-affiliated Tanker Hijacked! / Ethiopia’s PM, Abiy Ahmed Has Gone To The Battlefront: State-Affiliated Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Government Blocks 36 Iranian-Affiliated News Websites by kelvinjames01: 8:25am On Jun 23, 2021
Nice moves From the US. Keep those terrorist bastards in check. No room to promote the jihadist stupid agender
Re: US Government Blocks 36 Iranian-Affiliated News Websites by BigBashiru: 8:25am On Jun 23, 2021
naptu2:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-57570044

Nigeria & Lai Mohammed should also block/seize BBC website in Nigeria as they way they report their news denigrates Africans and spreads misinformation.

1 Like

Re: US Government Blocks 36 Iranian-Affiliated News Websites by munas: 8:31am On Jun 23, 2021
insidelife22:
the US is A bully.
they have nuclear weapons but won't let others have.
On the other hand they should seize Lai Mohammed's NTA.

Why will they allow a rogue state like Iran to have nukes? It's not happening in this life.
Re: US Government Blocks 36 Iranian-Affiliated News Websites by munas: 8:33am On Jun 23, 2021
naijapips02:

Twitter was allowing threats and posts from terrorists and removing the Presidents warning to terrorists. If you can't reason the motive behind such actions, you are pretty not smart.
Twitter will remove post that are brought to their notice if it break their law.

1 Like

Re: US Government Blocks 36 Iranian-Affiliated News Websites by ivandragon: 8:33am On Jun 23, 2021
dotedote:

Rant all you like, PMB's got the constitutional powers to ban the operations of any organisation perceived to be supporting activities believed to unsettle the peace of the nation. You all can now come and justify US action after seeing that your worshipped god's own country has openly towed Buhari's path. US is a good follower of Buhari's lifestyle.

You PMB minions are the only ones ranting & trying to justify his thoughtless actions.

You can all continue to worship his ego, that's your problem.

Did US get a seizure order? Yes.

Did your tin god's adminstration get one? No.

But hey, you can continue to foam at the mouth & act all crazed supporting your tin god.
Re: US Government Blocks 36 Iranian-Affiliated News Websites by brightalo1010: 8:34am On Jun 23, 2021
ivandragon:
It's interesting how pmb's minions are trying so hard to twist a narrative.

PMB went against Twitter because he felt hurt that they rightly took off his tweet. His action was based on his ego which he couched as national interest.

By the way, the US got a court order to seize those sites, which one did PMB obtain?

Whichever way there has been a ban and it is affecting people and stopping them from expressing themselves freely. If what those are saying isn't hurting usa why are they going to court to ask for it's ban? Even your messiah Trump supported PMB move.
Re: US Government Blocks 36 Iranian-Affiliated News Websites by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 23, 2021
madridguy:
"Is this another example of US freedom of the press where if DC doesn't like what u say, ur domain is seized? (sic)," tweeted American-born Press TV host Marzieh Hashemi.

So the Iranian can't have freedom of speech in peace? And same USA will be going around preaching freedom of press/speech.

.... Naija pipu be like ...... We must have freedom of speech like America grin cheesy grin

Re: US Government Blocks 36 Iranian-Affiliated News Websites by Doyin2(m): 8:44am On Jun 23, 2021
ivandragon:

PMB went against Twitter because he felt hurt that they rightly took off his tweet. His action was based on his ego which he couched as national interest.

By the way, the US got a court order to seize those sites, which one did PMB obtain?

Colonial idiot.

How is a warrant from a government agency, the same as court order.

A Nigerian government agency issued a warrant (order)for Twitter to be banned in Nigeria pursuant to relevant sections of the antiterrorism and other applicable laws in Nigeria.

A USA agency issues another warrant (order)blocking Iranian news websites.But idiots like you will go any length to justify the latter and condemn the former.

Every country has a right to defend its territorial integrity by whatever means ,but many imbeciles like you,would do anything to ridicule their own country.

"Court order"against freedom of speech is okay by idiots like you,provided it's coming from USA,abi?

Whereas they only quoted their law to justify their action,the same thing Nigeria did.

Nothing like court order.
Court order by which judge?
What's the name of the court?

Now Iranians and others living in America that wish to visit the news websites,have been deprived of their rights,in a country that hypocritically preaches human rights and freedom of speech.

3 Likes

Re: US Government Blocks 36 Iranian-Affiliated News Websites by infofta(m): 9:37am On Jun 23, 2021
Is it right for anyone or group of people to hide under "freedom of speech" to spread hate speech, lies and mislead people.
Re: US Government Blocks 36 Iranian-Affiliated News Websites by Franckelv230: 9:43am On Jun 23, 2021
ivandragon:

Thou should waste no more of thou energy forcing sense inside the brainless, though they heareth, they understand not as they had traded their brain for 30k(a 50kg bag of rice grains). Therefore, I tell thee to allow themto continue fooling themselves.
Re: US Government Blocks 36 Iranian-Affiliated News Websites by chrisvic007: 9:57am On Jun 23, 2021
ivandragon:

You are clearly an enemy of the nation. Stop blackmailing the government with this usual pedestrian story. Twitter "rightly" put down down Buhari's Tweet but kept the seditious rantings of Kanu.

The minister of information was on the floor of the HoR yesterday and he traced the chronology of the events that led to Twitter ban. The Honourable members (from all political divides) were satisfied. Thus, the rants from avowed enemies of the nation does not really matter apart from your usual abode - Nairaland - where you vent your frustration.

As far as I am concerned, America has done the right thing and Nigeria too has done the right thing. No reasonable government would allow frustrated extremists destroy their country.
Re: US Government Blocks 36 Iranian-Affiliated News Websites by ofiko123(m): 10:02am On Jun 23, 2021
Kudos to the U.S President... He is doing a good job.
Re: US Government Blocks 36 Iranian-Affiliated News Websites by Yusufisraelj(m): 10:12am On Jun 23, 2021
insidelife22:
Bros noting concern me with Bubu am not a Nigerian

Good to know. Nice meeting you
Re: US Government Blocks 36 Iranian-Affiliated News Websites by ivandragon: 10:28am On Jun 23, 2021
chrisvic007:

You are clearly an enemy of the nation. Stop blackmailing the government with this usual pedestrian story. Twitter "rightly" put down down Buhari's Tweet but kept the seditious rantings of Kanu.

The minister of information was on the floor of the HoR yesterday and he traced the chronology of the events that led to Twitter ban. The Honourable members (from all political divides) were satisfied. Thus, the rants from avowed enemies of the nation does not really matter apart from your usual abode - Nairaland - where you vent your frustration.

As far as I am concerned, America has done the right thing and Nigeria too has done the right thing. No reasonable government would allow frustrated extremists destroy their country.

Let me ask you this, has the Government taken any steps to ban/block media outlets that have been showing Boko Haram propaganda?
Re: US Government Blocks 36 Iranian-Affiliated News Websites by ivandragon: 10:29am On Jun 23, 2021
Doyin2:

Colonial idiot.

A Nigerian government agency issued a warrant (order)for Twitter to be banned in Nigeria pursuant to relevant sections of the antiterrorism and other applicable laws in Nigeria.

A USA agency issues another warrant (order)blocking Iranian news websites.But idiots like you will go any length to justify the latter and condemn the former.

Every country has a right to defend its territorial integrity by whatever means ,but many imbeciles like you,would do anything to ridicule their own country.

"Court order"against freedom of speech is okay by idiots like you,provided it's coming from USA,abi?

Whereas they only quoted their law to justify their action,the same thing Nigeria did.

Now Iranians and others living in America that wish to visit the news websites,have been deprived of their rights,in a country that hypocritically preaches human rights and freedom of speech.

Let me ask you this, has the Government taken any steps to ban/block media outlets that have been showing Boko Haram propaganda?

Your lot are just frustrated miscreants. You want the PMB in power, you have him, yet you are frustrated...
Re: US Government Blocks 36 Iranian-Affiliated News Websites by ivandragon: 10:31am On Jun 23, 2021
brightalo1010:

Whichever way there has been a ban and it is affecting people and stopping them from expressing themselves freely. If what those are saying isn't hurting usa why are they going to court to ask for it's ban? Even your messiah Trump supported PMB move.

PMB might be your tin god, so you have no choice but to do as he does no matter how daft it makes you & your ilk look.

Let me ask you this though, has the Government taken any steps to ban/block media outlets that have been showing Boko Haram propaganda?
Re: US Government Blocks 36 Iranian-Affiliated News Websites by Basher8583: 11:15am On Jun 23, 2021
ivandragon:

So for your mind you think everyone is a stupid as you baa. Dishing out lies upon lies.

Are you Buhari or FG to know the reason why he baned Twitter?

So are you working for USA to know the process they followed to ban the sites

Nonsense talk like Peter Himtulai Obi
Re: US Government Blocks 36 Iranian-Affiliated News Websites by linearity: 11:18am On Jun 23, 2021
Doyin2:

Colonial idiot.

You clearly don’t know how US laws or warrants in the US works.

No agencies in the US have the power to issue warrants, all they can do is write them but they are worthless and don’t worth the paper they are written on unless they are presented before a Judge and the Judge append his/her signature to it.

So, a warrant in the USA is a Court Order from a Judge.

My goal is to set the above straight, am not in any way saying what DOJ did was right or wrong or comparing it to Nigeria action against Twitter, that is another debate.
Re: US Government Blocks 36 Iranian-Affiliated News Websites by ivandragon: 11:19am On Jun 23, 2021
Basher8583:

So forbyour mind you think everyone is a sstupid as you baa. Dishing out lies upon lies.

Are you Buhari or FG to know the reason why did baned Twitter?

So are you working for USA to know the process they followed to ban the sites

Nonsense talk like Peter Himtulai Obi

Lol.

You guys are really coming out of the rotten Woodworks today.

I will ask you the same question I asked your forerunners;

has the Government taken any steps to ban/block media outlets that have been showing Boko Haram propaganda?
Re: US Government Blocks 36 Iranian-Affiliated News Websites by kiddkash(m): 11:43am On Jun 23, 2021
madridguy:
"Is this another example of US freedom of the press where if DC doesn't like what u say, ur domain is seized? (sic)," tweeted American-born Press TV host Marzieh Hashemi.

So the Iranian can't have freedom of speech in peace? And same USA will be going around preaching freedom of press/speech.

I told people that this Biden is the worst hypocrite, he and his party first come to you as a friend
before sticking the knife in your back. they prey on people's emotions
Re: US Government Blocks 36 Iranian-Affiliated News Websites by linearity: 12:08pm On Jun 23, 2021
kiddkash:

I told people that this Biden is the worst hypocrite, he and his party first come to you as a friend
before sticking the knife in your back. they prey on people's emotions

For many years now, Iran has ban many American websites from operating within Iran, why do you think I American should not retaliate in kind? Trump even ban the whole country, not just a website, in your analogy, Trump must be the Saint?
Re: US Government Blocks 36 Iranian-Affiliated News Websites by linearity: 12:16pm On Jun 23, 2021
Positivepoint:

Did they get a court order in banning Trump? Fool

I never knew the US Government Ban Trump, I thought Trump was the Government itself?

He even ban the whole Country of Iran and some Africa Countries, including my dear country Nigeria... during his reign without a single Court Order!.....or are ignorantly comparing a company to a Government? Don't tell me you do not know the difference.
Re: US Government Blocks 36 Iranian-Affiliated News Websites by linearity: 12:19pm On Jun 23, 2021
J2381:
I won't be surprise if MURIC release a press statement because of this. Lol.

The U.S is busy blocking Iranian news site and nobody said anything about muting freedom of expression, Nigeria did the same with Twitter people started shouting. Is it because Twitter is owned by an American? Or what exactly.

US did not block the sites, if you read the article very well, you would see that, it clearly stated that the sites are back online....DOJ seized the domain names and did not block them.
Re: US Government Blocks 36 Iranian-Affiliated News Websites by linearity: 12:30pm On Jun 23, 2021
Sunmoluvic:

If you know the constitution or read the policies laid down by ICAAN you won't be talking like this.

I agree, but I do not think ICAAN was involved in this though.

What most likely happened, since that is what has happened in the past when DOJ seize domain names.

DOJ obtained a Court warrant and served it on VeriSign and Internet Registry companies and where able to obtain access to those .com, .net .tv domain names, they went in and changed the DNS records to point the domain names to DOJ/FBI static page with the new content.

The original site contents were still intact and not touched, so the original sites were able to come online almost immediately using different domain names.

Since the companies that have the contract to maintain all .com, .net, .org, .tv and some other top level domains are registered businesses in the USA, DOJ can bypass ICAAN and serve these companies with seizure warrants on any top level domain mentioned above.

Iran has their own country-specific top level domain, they can do whatever they want there and the US cannot touch them unless the US go through ICAAN and ICAAN approves such take over, but it will be highly contentious as it will be seen as subverting another Country's sovereignty.

All these people talking ignorantly here, forget so soon that the internet and TCP/IP that powers the internet came directly from the US Department of Defense and the USA Government ...pause for a second and imagine if the internet were to come from Russia, Iran or China.....do you think we will have Nairaland here talking rubbish about them?

1 Like

Re: US Government Blocks 36 Iranian-Affiliated News Websites by chrisvic007: 12:59pm On Jun 23, 2021
ivandragon:

In all honesty, I say no.

However, these propaganda outlets are fuelled largely by Nigerians, including Nairaland", "premium times", "sahara reporters" and co. believe they are doing it put of ignorance and the desire to "break the news" that is causing this and not because they hate the country. But the same can not be said of Jack Dorsey.

Jack virtually supplied the fuel to burn our country during endsars but when a similar situation presented itself in his native America two months later, he promptly blacked out the promoters of the violence.

This is my honest approach to the matter.
Re: US Government Blocks 36 Iranian-Affiliated News Websites by Basher8583: 1:02pm On Jun 23, 2021
ivandragon:

Lol.

You guys are really coming out of the rotten Woodworks today.

I will ask you the same question I asked your forerunners;

has the Government taken any steps to ban/block media outlets that have been showing Boko Haram propaganda?

I sense Colonial slave mentality at play. Will not dignify you with a response
Re: US Government Blocks 36 Iranian-Affiliated News Websites by ivandragon: 1:34pm On Jun 23, 2021
chrisvic007:

In all honesty, I say no.

However, these propaganda outlets are fuelled largely by Nigerians, including Nairaland", "premium times", "sahara reporters" and co. believe they are doing it put of ignorance and the desire to "break the news" that is causing this and not because they hate the country. But the same can not be said of Jack Dorsey.

Jack virtually supplied the fuel to burn our country during endsars but when a similar situation presented itself in his native America two months later, he promptly blacked out the promoters of the violence.

This is my honest approach to the matter.

Saying Jack supplied the fuel is individualising the issue.

Let's look at it another way. The security agencies in nigeria are without doubt, populated by touts in uniforms. They use their office to oppress others, does that mean the FG should ban or close down all security outfits?

If the FG had previously complained to Twitter about NK & other speeches it deemed inimical to Nigeria's cooperate existence, then the FG may have had a stronger footing for taking action.

Also, how come the FG does nothing about media outlets that further the goals of BH?
Re: US Government Blocks 36 Iranian-Affiliated News Websites by ivandragon: 1:35pm On Jun 23, 2021
Basher8583:

I sense Colonial slave mentality at play. Will not dignify you with a response

Running away? Who is chasing you?

Since you are all in blocking & banning mode, why not simply tell PMB to block & ban media sites that show BH propaganda...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Epstein Accuser Claims Paedophile Had Sex Tapes Of Trump, Clinton, Andrew And... / North Korea To Launch MISSILE Today!! / Indian Navy Recaptures Ship From Somali Pirates And Rescues 17 Crew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.