Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,454 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Man Wakes Up To Discover That An Account Glitch Has Made Him The World's First T - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Man Wakes Up To Discover That An Account Glitch Has Made Him The World's First T (155 Views)

Man Returns Home After 42 Years To Discover That His Wife And Children Are Dead / UK Man Wakes Up To N160,000 Uber Bill After Falling Asleep In Back Seat / Watch Viral Video As Man Wakes Up Before Being Buried In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man Wakes Up To Discover That An Account Glitch Has Made Him The World's First T by ogbiwa: 8:38am On Jun 23, 2021
[b]A man who accidentally woke up a trillionaire after checking his cryptocurrency account has told of his shock and panic after thinking he might be richer than Jess Bezos.

Christopher Williamson said he fell out of his bed when he saw the huge figure on the screen after investing just $20 in a cryptocurrency called Rocket Bunny.

Sadly for him, the eye-watering sum of $1,184,158,683,482.77 appearing in his account was a "display error" and he couldn't transfer it or sell it.

The figure was apparently a glitch with Coinbase who told him they were looking into it and, meanwhile, his account was frozen.

Christopher, a nurse from Georgia, told FOX 5: "I look at it again and I'm like at that point I fall out of my bed literally, and I run to my desk and I'm logging into the Coinbase app and stuff and I'm talking to my friends, got him on the phone and I'm like, 'Dude, you need to help me figure out how to sell this now!'"

The figure kept rising and by the time he was interviewed on TV, it had climbed up to $173 trillion.

"I try to find humour in it, but it's depressing," he admitted as he watched the money that he couldn't have – or that didn't really exist – continue to rise on his computer screen.

Christopher tried to get to the bottom of the situation by reaching out to people on Twitter.

He wrote: "I'm gonna need someone to explain what the heck is going on and then write me a check.

"I got a mega-yacht shaped like a penguin on standby."

Coinbase replied: "Sorry – the penguin yacht may have to wait – our team is aware of the display error causing this wishful thinking for some ERC20s.

"They're working to fix – in the meantime, trading the asset will reflect its current market value."

Nobody alive today is a trillionaire and the world's richest man – Amazon founder Jeff Bezos – is worth $200.5 billion and would need to be five times more wealthy to qualify.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/man-wakes-up-find-account-24377204

Lalasticlala Mynd44

Lalasticlala Mynd44

(1) (Reply)

Know The Top 20 Reasons Why Businesses And Startups Fail In Nigeria. / Akam / Add This Gospel Tune To Your Playlist And Thank Me Later

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.