Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Why Start A Farm Without Thinking Irrigation?? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Why Start A Farm Without Thinking Irrigation?? (5058 Views)

Are Your Tree Crops Dying?? Thinking Irrigation / Man Without Legs Ploughing On A Farm (Photos) / Photos Of A Big Python Killed In A Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Start A Farm Without Thinking Irrigation?? by saliubello(m): 10:50am On Jun 23, 2021
In our bid to provide highest quality irrigation accessories without short-changing clients in quality and peace of mind.

Here are complete set of driptapes and Spray tube irrigation accessories for 0ne acre farmland.

Available for next day delivery.

Large quantities available for delivery and installation on various plantation.

Complete Driptape accessories for 1 ACRE
Complete Spraytube accessories 1 ACRE

Call me to place order today. 08050323434,

2 Likes

Re: Why Start A Farm Without Thinking Irrigation?? by saliubello(m): 10:56am On Jun 23, 2021
Estimating quantity of drip required for a farmland area??

Estimating approximately the required quantity of drip tapes to use for a farm land can be an heculin task to starters. This has been one of the reasons why many people have not adopted the use of drip irrigation on their farms. Believing that the cost will be astronomical and beyond reach.

My goal is to make driptapes as affordable and accessible to everyone just like pure sachet water! You must deploy drip irrigation on that your new farmland.

This year is our year of higher yield per hectare! Getting more yield from the land. Grabbing our pie in the amazing land-based wealths.

Working and farming more efficiently and productively.

I will try explaining in simple ways.

1. Estimate your field/farmland length. In metres.

a. Take note of the length of the farm in the shortest and longest part.

b. Take note of length of the farmland against the erosion; not along the erosion course.

b.ii. We will assume that you have noted the lengths of the beds.

c.Decide the number of driplines per bed. E.g where you wish to do stacking, you might have two rows of cucumber or pepper or tomatoes on a bed.

d. Decide/determine the number of beds/rows on the field.

Example.

The bed is 100m length.
the bed is 0.75m in width
The total beds are 40.

I'm planting two lines per bed.

The estimate drip per bed is 100 x 2 = 200m of drip on each bed.

But the beds/rows are 40 in number.

Then it is 200m x 40 = 8000m of dripline required.

But if it is 1dripline per bed, and there are 40 beds/rows. It is 100m per bed x 40 beds = 4000m dripline required.

Note: 0.75m bed width is for illustration Purpose.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Start A Farm Without Thinking Irrigation?? by saliubello(m): 10:58am On Jun 23, 2021
Have you potted plants or Planting in a sack?

Re: Why Start A Farm Without Thinking Irrigation?? by saliubello(m): 11:45am On Jun 23, 2021
Why not talk to us about your project!

Re: Why Start A Farm Without Thinking Irrigation?? by saliubello(m): 12:11pm On Jun 23, 2021
Plantain farm? Not a problem. We have custom solutions for you.

Re: Why Start A Farm Without Thinking Irrigation?? by saliubello(m): 12:13pm On Jun 23, 2021
See the difference

Re: Why Start A Farm Without Thinking Irrigation?? by saliubello(m): 12:14pm On Jun 23, 2021
Need to contact me??
Globacom: 08050323434, Airtel: 09029094490 or saliubello2003@yahoo.com
Re: Why Start A Farm Without Thinking Irrigation?? by saliubello(m): 12:28pm On Jun 23, 2021
Our previous jobs??

We are upstarts. With dedication and sound minds.

Our previous jobs includes :
1. 4 hectare Cocoa - Clonal Garden irrigation (drip irrigation) at Iyee-Ekiti. Ekiti State Ministry of Agriculture is the anchor.

2. 3 acres micro-spray irrigation at Eruwa farm settlement, Eruwa, Oyo State.

3. 1 hectare maize drip irrigation farm at Iseyin, Oyo State (2018, October)

4. 10hectare cocoa and plantain farm drip irrigation at Kobape, Abeokuta (2018, December "commissioned and currently in use*)

5. Nethouse sack farming for tomatoes and strawberry at Jos Plateau (2018, December)

Recently,
1. A 3-hectares pineapple farm irrigation at Odogbolu, Ogun State.
2. 15- hectares plantain farm in Ogun State

And a host of others
Re: Why Start A Farm Without Thinking Irrigation?? by saliubello(m): 12:32pm On Jun 23, 2021
Our base

Re: Why Start A Farm Without Thinking Irrigation?? by saliubello(m): 5:07pm On Jun 23, 2021
Cocoa plantation isn't left out

Re: Why Start A Farm Without Thinking Irrigation?? by saliubello(m): 7:54am On Jun 24, 2021
Only dummies do hand watering this days. Smart up !

Re: Why Start A Farm Without Thinking Irrigation?? by felixzo1(m): 7:58am On Jun 24, 2021
saliubello:
Cocoa plantation isn't left out
I want to set of the drip irrigation on my oil palm due to low yield from water stress.what is the estimated cost per hectare for your drip irrigation, what size is recommended. targeting minimum of 20l per plant per day
Re: Why Start A Farm Without Thinking Irrigation?? by saliubello(m): 10:43am On Jun 24, 2021
felixzo1:
I want to set of the drip irrigation on my oil palm due to low yield from water stress.what is the estimated cost per hectare for your drip irrigation, what size is recommended. targeting minimum of 20l per plant per day
Thanks for your interest in our service. In order for me quote for your appropriately, I will suggest you send me a message on whassap - 08050323434, that way I can elicit some more information about your farm and then be able to quote appropriately. It sometimes not a one cap fits all.
Re: Why Start A Farm Without Thinking Irrigation?? by saliubello(m): 10:43am On Jun 25, 2021
What is the water source available for irrigation in your farm?

Borehole
River
Stream
Well
Rain water harvesting
Dam

1 Like

Re: Why Start A Farm Without Thinking Irrigation?? by Christistruth00: 2:51pm On Jun 25, 2021
Saliubello what happened to our Honey Farm ?

What are you doing in the Irrigation dept ?
Re: Why Start A Farm Without Thinking Irrigation?? by saliubello(m): 6:51pm On Jun 25, 2021
Christistruth00:

Saliubello what happened to our Honey Farm ?

What are you doing in the Irrigation dept ?
The honey farm is going as planned and growing. Here is what my NAFDAC certified honey product looks like. That's me in the bee suit.

I sell unadulterated honey if you need!

Our honey volume is growing, soonest we will call for resellers in the cities.

2 Likes

Re: Why Start A Farm Without Thinking Irrigation?? by Christistruth00: 7:14pm On Jun 25, 2021
saliubello:
The honey farm is going as planned and growing. Here is what my NAFDAC certified honey product looks like. That's me in the bee suit.

I sell unadulterated honey if you need!

Our honey volume is growing, soonest we will call for resellers in the cities.

Excellent!!!
Re: Why Start A Farm Without Thinking Irrigation?? by Krak(m): 11:04am On Jun 26, 2021
saliubello:
What is the water source available for irrigation in your farm?

Borehole
River
Stream
Well
Rain water harvesting
Dam

How can one conveniently use a well for drip irrigation?
Re: Why Start A Farm Without Thinking Irrigation?? by saliubello(m): 10:38pm On Jun 26, 2021
Krak:

How can one conveniently use a well for drip irrigation?
Depending on the depth of the well, you can connect it directly to the driplines and still get good results. But the limitation here is the farm size. But if you segment the farm very well, you can irrigate each segment at once while changing air valves/switch.

1 Like

Re: Why Start A Farm Without Thinking Irrigation?? by saliubello(m): 3:56pm On Jun 30, 2021
Plants water requirements

Do you know it is vital to know some of these information in the course of planning your farm.

If your water provisions does not match your farm size; don't you think you are already on "a long thing".

It's effident you will not be able provide the required water required by each individual plants.

Remember, our goal for setting out is to achieve the most yield /productivity per given land area.

Farm smart!

Re: Why Start A Farm Without Thinking Irrigation?? by saliubello(m): 3:58pm On Jun 30, 2021
Initial cost of investment is high!

It is an open secret that the initial cost of procuring driptapes/drip pipes are high. But when you are determined to get it right, then it's a worthwhile investment.

From us, you will get quality at affordable cost.

Re: Why Start A Farm Without Thinking Irrigation?? by saliubello(m): 8:16pm On Jul 05, 2021
Why not talk to us about your next irrigation project. We offer free consultation services.

Re: Why Start A Farm Without Thinking Irrigation?? by saliubello(m): 10:44am On Jul 27, 2021
Why not talk to us about your next irrigation project.
Re: Why Start A Farm Without Thinking Irrigation?? by saliubello(m): 9:01pm On Jul 30, 2021
From us, you will get quality at affordable cost.

Re: Why Start A Farm Without Thinking Irrigation?? by saliubello(m): 7:34pm On Aug 01, 2021
You will get quality at affordable cost.

Re: Why Start A Farm Without Thinking Irrigation?? by saliubello(m): 8:03pm On Aug 04, 2021
Large field. Not a problem.
Re: Why Start A Farm Without Thinking Irrigation?? by Igbofirstfarmer: 7:27am On Aug 05, 2021
Irrigation material that will cover one hectare will cost how much?.
Re: Why Start A Farm Without Thinking Irrigation?? by saliubello(m): 10:10am On Aug 05, 2021
Igbofirstfarmer:
Irrigation material that will cover one hectare will cost how much?.
You might need to message in privately as I need some information about your farm and operation to quote for you appropriately. Whassap 08050323434 is better.
Re: Why Start A Farm Without Thinking Irrigation?? by saliubello(m): 8:39pm On Aug 07, 2021
Need to contact me??
Re: Why Start A Farm Without Thinking Irrigation?? by willybaby(m): 11:15pm On Aug 07, 2021
saliubello:
Need to contact me??
hello sir, do you sell spray tube also
Re: Why Start A Farm Without Thinking Irrigation?? by saliubello(m): 6:29pm On Aug 16, 2021
willybaby:
hello sir, do you sell spray tube also
out of stock for now.
Re: Why Start A Farm Without Thinking Irrigation?? by saliubello(m): 3:32pm On Sep 07, 2021
Plantain farm? Not a problem. We have custom solutions for you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Shut Out Snakes From My Poultry Farm? / Rams For Sale (big And Healthy) / Free Watermelon Training: September - December 2017 Registration Opens.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.