Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

If Asking Your Elder How Are You Is Rude, What Are We Supposed To Say Then? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / If Asking Your Elder How Are You Is Rude, What Are We Supposed To Say Then? (422 Views)

Masquerade -'Egungun' Unveils Himself To A Lady He Was Asking Out (Photo, Video) / Masquerade Spotted Asking A Lady For Her Phone Number (video) / Oluwo Oke Is Rude, I’m His Father — Oba Akanbi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Asking Your Elder How Are You Is Rude, What Are We Supposed To Say Then? by username33: 9:08pm On Jun 23, 2021
You want to know if there are fine or have been good. but "Nigerian Culture" makes asking your elder "how are you" rude. what should you say? Or you shouldn't bother to know if there are fine?
Re: If Asking Your Elder How Are You Is Rude, What Are We Supposed To Say Then? by Duru9(m): 9:14pm On Jun 23, 2021
You ask them
How's work
How's family

Instead grin grin
Re: If Asking Your Elder How Are You Is Rude, What Are We Supposed To Say Then? by Pierocash(m): 9:15pm On Jun 23, 2021
username33:
You want to know if there are fine or have been good. but "Nigerian Culture" makes asking your elder "how are you" rude. what should you say? Or you shouldn't bother to know if there are fine?
you greet them and Accord them their respect first.

Then you can say " how are you doing sir"

Not "how are you" like he is your mate

1 Like

Re: If Asking Your Elder How Are You Is Rude, What Are We Supposed To Say Then? by username33: 9:35pm On Jun 23, 2021
Pierocash:

Of course I didn't just see them and say how are you like it's my mate. I won't bother asking next time
Re: If Asking Your Elder How Are You Is Rude, What Are We Supposed To Say Then? by daddytime(m): 9:52pm On Jun 23, 2021
" You are how"?
Re: If Asking Your Elder How Are You Is Rude, What Are We Supposed To Say Then? by Maxymilliano(m): 10:18pm On Jun 23, 2021
How body ? cool
Re: If Asking Your Elder How Are You Is Rude, What Are We Supposed To Say Then? by DaCharis2016: 3:54am On Jun 24, 2021
Pierocash:
you greet them and Accord them their respect first.

Then you can say " how are you doing sir"

Even your younger one sef grin grin grin

You will give them their respect first by greeting and not you waiting for them to greet you first, then u responded by "hawauing" them.
Re: If Asking Your Elder How Are You Is Rude, What Are We Supposed To Say Then? by Mishael26(m): 9:47am On Jun 24, 2021
If u tell me that one, I go dey great u once in a leap year

(1) (Reply)

When People Are Referring To Nigerian Culture, Who Are They Really Referring To? / Inside Life: See A Mysterious Tree Gushing Out Blood When Being Felled Down (se / Ji Mbaise: Between The Fighters, Runners, Buyers, And Sitters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.