Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,431 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi: Fulanis Are Our Security, Not Our Enemy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi: Fulanis Are Our Security, Not Our Enemy (22927 Views)

IPOB NOT OUR ENEMY, FIND FULANI TERRORISTS KILLING US - YORUBA GROUP BACKS KANU. / Not All Fulanis Are Criminals – Sultan / Femi Fani-Kayode: ‘Fulanis Are The Greatest Danger To Nigeria's Unity’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi: Fulanis Are Our Security, Not Our Enemy by oilPUSSY(f): 9:36pm On Jun 23, 2021
The Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdulrosheed Akanbi, has said Fulanis are not enemies to Iwo people, stressing that they help secure the community.

Akanbi said this while stating that his people enjoy a peaceful coexistence with their Fulani counterparts.

The monarch, in a statement he signed, disclosed how Fulanis in his domain repelled an invasion of bandits on his community.

“Bororo men with their cattle encroached Iwo. The Seriki Fulani with his men stormed the forest to chase the Bororo whose attitude is to eat crops at night and attack farmers.

“It could be recalled that I invited the Fulanis to my palace, gave them orientation and charged them to identify the bad eggs among them.

“Since that time the leadership of the Fulanis, Seriki, has been keeping up to the responsibility of ensuring culprits are identified, arrested and prosecuted.

“In Iwoland, Fulanis are our security, not our enemies. The three local governments of Iwoland comprising Iwo, Ayedire and Ola Oluwa, enjoy a peaceful coexistence with Fulanis.”

The Southwest has been under the attack by armed herders believed to be of the Fulani extraction.

Igangan, a community in Oyo State, has been the most hit with several casualties recorded in recent times.

In view of the attacks, Yoruba freedom fighter, Sunday Adeyemo popularly known as Sunday Igboho, had ordered the Fulanis to vacate the region.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/06/22/fulanis-are-our-security-not-enemies-oluwo-of-iwo/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1624354085

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi: Fulanis Are Our Security, Not Our Enemy by Fahdiga1: 9:36pm On Jun 23, 2021
Modern day Afonja

323 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi: Fulanis Are Our Security, Not Our Enemy by festacman(m): 9:48pm On Jun 23, 2021
Look, if Fulani people can live peacefully in a community and respect the ways of life of that community, then there won't be any problem. The same way Igbo traders live peacefully and respect the ways of their host communities anywhere on the surface of the earth, which is the key reason why they are accepted and thrive.

Nobody hates Fulani herdsmen for the fun of it. After all, they have been operating peacefully and accepted down the South for years until they began deliberately destroying farms, killing innocent people who complain about their atrocities, kidnapping for ransom and of course raping helpless women.

My only worry is handing over security of the various Iwo communities to Fulani as the Oba said. The young men of Iwo should be able to secure their communities.

116 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi: Fulanis Are Our Security, Not Our Enemy by slowice(m): 9:49pm On Jun 23, 2021
This is probably what Goodluck Jonathan was on about..... Damn mehn man's crazy like a mad cow

16 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi: Fulanis Are Our Security, Not Our Enemy by Racoon(m): 9:50pm On Jun 23, 2021
According to this fool, the 4th globally acknowledged deadly terrorist group according to GTI who have shed so much blood and killed so much humanity and are still doing so till day under their demigod in Aso Rock today are protectors of the same communities they are wiping out.Tell me why are traitors like this still existing for goodness sake?

219 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi: Fulanis Are Our Security, Not Our Enemy by Gandollaar(f): 9:50pm On Jun 23, 2021
I will never buy the BS of foreign fulani did it. When mungo park came to Africa, he didn't know the way, it was the locals that showed him the way.

Rest on Baba 70!

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi: Fulanis Are Our Security, Not Our Enemy by Racoon(m): 9:50pm On Jun 23, 2021
"..The lawmaker representing Oyo North in the Senate, Fatai Buhari, yesterday, challenged anyone that wants President Muhammadu Buhari impeached to come with one good reason to do so....."
https://m.guardian.ng/news/lawmaker-demands-good-reasons-for-buharis-impeachment/

-BUHARI THE GREATEST LEADER FROM NORTHERN NIGERIA AFTER UTHMAN DAN FODIO. by Aare Kurunmi Kakanfo

Exclusive: Yorubas And Fulanis Are Really One - Rasheed Olaniyi
https://www.nairaland.com/6501537/exclusive-yorubas-fulanis-really-one#100694685

This process of institutionalising and scapegoating Fulani people or Northerners in this way will come back to haunt all of us. By Adewale Ajadi
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/opinion/443878-scapegoating-the-fulani-dehumanises-us-all-by-adewale-ajadi.html

"..Bisi Akande, former interim chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), says the Yoruba will be at war for 100 years if Nigeria breaks up...
https://www.thecable.ng/bisi-akande-yoruba-will-be-at-war-for-100-years-if-nigeria-breaks-up

MURIC appeals to the state government to use amotekun boys in rescuing the Ife people from the hands of heartless businessmen who are bent on making life miserable for the poor masses in Ile-Ife. This should be the focus of amotekun, not imaginary bandits and herdsmen.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2020/06/26/leave-fulani-alone-stop-endangering-lives-of-yorubas-islamic-group-warns-amotekun/

“You could imagine my joy when Buhari eventually emerged civilian President after 12 years of struggle.I didn’t think I was going to ever serve in government, but I found myself in it. Just because it was Buhari.”

Adesina added that he remains a “dyed-in-the-wool Buharist” irrespective of what others see as “foibles and failings of the administration”

https://www.thecable.ng/femi-adesina-nigeria-would-have-been-better-if-buharis-military-regime-had-lasted-longer

"On the controversial RUGA issue, Adesina sided with the Fulanis. Listen to deacon Adesina:It would be better for those that were oppose to cattle ranching to provide lands than to die in the herdsmen’s attacks. What would the land be used for if those who own it are dead at the end of the day...."
http://saharareporters.com/2020/04/23/deacon-femi-adesina-shameless-sanballat-bayo-oluwasanmi

To cap it all, "...By now, everyone would have noticed that the most strident defence of the Fulani over the herdsmen issue has come from southerners, particularly the Yoruba. On the question of whether the Fulani deserve the stereotype of cold-blooded killers or not, the Yoruba people have wept louder than the bereaved......"https://punchng.com/tinubu-defender-of-the-fulani/

39 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi: Fulanis Are Our Security, Not Our Enemy by Cholls(m): 9:51pm On Jun 23, 2021
oilPUSSY:
Daily Post Nigeria
HOMENEWSPOLITICSMETROSPORTENTERTAINMENTOPINIONEDUCATIONHEALTHINTERVIEWDAILY POST GHANA
CONNECT WITH US
SEARCH
Daily Post Nigeria
Daily Post Nigeria

NEWSFulanis are our security, not enemies – Oluwo of IwoPublished on June 22, 2021By Seun Opejobi

The Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdulrosheed Akanbi, has said Fulanis are not enemies to Iwo people, stressing that they help secure the community.

Akanbi said this while stating that his people enjoy a peaceful coexistence with their Fulani counterparts.

The monarch, in a statement he signed, disclosed how Fulanis in his domain repelled an invasion of bandits on his community.

I can’t be part of agitation for Nigeria’s breakup – Oluwo of Iwo
The statement titled: ‘How Fulani Repel, Send Suspected Bandits Out of Iwoland’ reads: “Bororo men with their cattle encroached Iwo. The Seriki Fulani with his men stormed the forest to chase the Bororo whose attitude is to eat crops at night and attack farmers.

“It could be recalled that I invited the Fulanis to my palace, gave them orientation and charged them to identify the bad eggs among them.

“Since that time the leadership of the Fulanis, Seriki, has been keeping up to the responsibility of ensuring culprits are identified, arrested and prosecuted.

“In Iwoland, Fulanis are our security, not our enemies. The three local governments of Iwoland comprising Iwo, Ayedire and Ola Oluwa, enjoy a peaceful coexistence with Fulanis.”

The Southwest has been under the attack by armed herders believed to be of the Fulani extraction.

Igangan, a community in Oyo State, has been the most hit with several casualties recorded in recent times.

In view of the attacks, Yoruba freedom fighter, Sunday Adeyemo popularly known as Sunday Igboho, had ordered the Fulanis to vacate the region

https://dailypost.ng/2021/06/22/fulanis-are-our-security-not-enemies-oluwo-of-iwo/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1624354085

Lalasticlala Lalasticlala Lalasticlala
my brother this one is to my village people
[img]https://media./images/796f4ff483ff412abeaa783b0922c4d9/tenor.gif[/img]

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi: Fulanis Are Our Security, Not Our Enemy by Tinubuadvocate: 9:54pm On Jun 23, 2021
Ah okay oo I pity you.

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi: Fulanis Are Our Security, Not Our Enemy by Jostoman: 9:58pm On Jun 23, 2021
I don't blame this man but I blame people that always give him attention.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi: Fulanis Are Our Security, Not Our Enemy by zombieHUNTER: 10:08pm On Jun 23, 2021
Jonathan the otuoke drunk who went to Aso Rock just to construct almajiri schools probably heard this Man and Muric talk...

6 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi: Fulanis Are Our Security, Not Our Enemy by BKayy: 10:12pm On Jun 23, 2021
"There is no master without slaves"

3 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi: Fulanis Are Our Security, Not Our Enemy by Mangekyo: 10:13pm On Jun 23, 2021
If I insult this man's brain now fulanis will start calling me names

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi: Fulanis Are Our Security, Not Our Enemy by colorsofrainbow: 10:16pm On Jun 23, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Ah okay oo I pity you.
Two of you should start pitying yourselves grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi: Fulanis Are Our Security, Not Our Enemy by PrinceOfLagos: 10:22pm On Jun 23, 2021
And this one too is oba grin

4 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi: Fulanis Are Our Security, Not Our Enemy by tesseract: 10:33pm On Jun 23, 2021
Sell out...

2 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi: Fulanis Are Our Security, Not Our Enemy by ariesbull: 4:29am On Jun 24, 2021
Racoon:

Take Some of em folks serious at your own peril

2 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi: Fulanis Are Our Security, Not Our Enemy by Karlovych: 4:32am On Jun 24, 2021
grin grin grin I agree with the Emir of Yoruba land, as an Osun indigene I believe that we are one with the Fulanis and they are in our region to protect us from the Invading tribes in Benin Republic.
Kudos to you Abdulrosheed Akanbi, Tinoubou is very proud of you
Sai Amala
Sai Ewedu

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi: Fulanis Are Our Security, Not Our Enemy by ObiOfOnistha: 4:35am On Jun 24, 2021
It depends on their relationship around there.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi: Fulanis Are Our Security, Not Our Enemy by velocity25(m): 4:49am On Jun 24, 2021
Another Afonja in making cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi: Fulanis Are Our Security, Not Our Enemy by princemillla(m): 4:53am On Jun 24, 2021
Why is this oba always in the news for misyarn?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi: Fulanis Are Our Security, Not Our Enemy by SirBlack999(m): 5:05am On Jun 24, 2021
Afonja Run ooo

4 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi: Fulanis Are Our Security, Not Our Enemy by MacBan: 5:30am On Jun 24, 2021
The clown � king grin

2 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi: Fulanis Are Our Security, Not Our Enemy by athaboi(f): 9:53am On Jun 24, 2021
Lobatan
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi: Fulanis Are Our Security, Not Our Enemy by nairavsdollars(f): 9:53am On Jun 24, 2021
Oba Lil Watne
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi: Fulanis Are Our Security, Not Our Enemy by AntiChristian: 9:53am On Jun 24, 2021
That's true. Every tribe has their bad eggs.

All Fulanis can't be condemned based on some few among them.

All Igbos too can't be criminalized because of the actions of ESN/IPOB among them.

Fish out the bad eggs let's break them!

My next wife can be a fair Fulani lady!

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi: Fulanis Are Our Security, Not Our Enemy by ariesbull: 9:54am On Jun 24, 2021
The best king from Yoruba land as it stands now

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi: Fulanis Are Our Security, Not Our Enemy by MansoryMX(m): 9:54am On Jun 24, 2021
The funny thing with people like this is once their kingdom is overrun by the Nomadic! Fiammmm!!! 2 sec!! You will see them in London or US. They will abandon their people to be slaughtered. Foolish king with no single iota of common sense! He go soon clear for your eyes!!!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi: Fulanis Are Our Security, Not Our Enemy by JamiuKabir: 9:54am On Jun 24, 2021
As a genuine Muslim, we distance ourselves from this deranged Oluwo.

Please ignore all rubbish coming from his mouth.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi: Fulanis Are Our Security, Not Our Enemy by ClitRaider: 9:54am On Jun 24, 2021
The fall of Empire, gentlemen, is a massive thing, however, and not easily fought. It is dictated by a rising bureaucracy, a receding initiative, a freezing of caste, a damming of curiosity—a hundred other factors. It has been going on, as I have said, for centuries, and it is too majestic and massive a movement to stop.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Femi Adesina: FG Not Interested In Naming, Shaming Terrorism Financiers / Nigerian Army, Get Out Of Our Land: Ijaw Youths / Nnamdi Kanu, Reconcile With Asari Dokubo - Ohanaeze Begs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.