Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,835 members, 7,828,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Nigeria's Current Situation Analysis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Current Situation Analysis (430 Views)

About Half Of Nigeria’s Current Ministers Studied These Courses / Smart Adeyemi: Military Era Better Than Nigeria’s Current Democracy / Current Situation In Osogbo, Osun State Over Sen. Adeleke's Tribunal Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Current Situation Analysis by Elistho(m): 10:28pm On Jun 23, 2021
NIGERIA'S CURRENT SITUATION ANALYSIS

By Elisha Thompson.

Plagiarism marked wrong.

Greetings my country people, I believe everyone of us is fine and in good health, if contrary, it shall be well, better days anticipated.

At this juncture, I'll plead neutral to political ideologies and devoid of sycophancy, I'm voicing out for the masses and grassroots, this piece should not been seen as politically induced nor for personal interests, I'm doing this for all citizens.

Looking at the economic situation of our dear country, I'll say we're receding, even the federal government acknowledged to this fact last year. Majority Nigerians are living from hand to mouth with no savings for rainy days, everything seems turbulent, I'm saying this out of experience, myself as a case study and other's as an example. People are dying, people are sick, laying on the hospital beds with a bleak future, no medics treatment, why? Nobody to foot the bills, also, some are behind bars, most are guilty, other's not really, they are there for reasons. Albeit, some set of youths are too myopic to see this, life goes on for them and they live like no man's business, I may say youthful exuberance. Welcome to Nigeria, we've the "rich kids from poor homes."

Castigations and criticisms for any public office holder in Nigeria is literally inevitable, you do the good, your region praises you and boast with enthusiasm to others, you do what is termed as bad, the whole country comes for your head. But I always say "he who is extremely critical about other's should be given the mandate to lead for a day," let's see the miracles he'll perform, everybody sees themselves as perfect and can do well than incumbents, I'll sound this, have you ever led a small faction of a said group before? An ideal place is church cum school, the class rep obligations cannot be over emphasized, howbeit, everybody see's him as the god in the den, now answer this yourself, if half of the class performs woefully in examinations, is the class rep to blame? Switching to church, the monk's duty is to look after the sheep and tend it flawlessly that non goes astray, even with that, most black sheep will still do what they think is right, they take delight and refuge indulging in inimical and nefarious havens, when they eventually fall into bad hands, is the monk to blame? He did his job likewise the class rep.

The aforementioned example is the situation Nigeria is. Trending now, news has it that one mister was rusticated in Akwa Ibom state university for libel and character defamation, the issue in a vis a vis manner involves the governor of the state, some acclaimed good citizens are critically looking at the governor, in their views, the rustication was tabled before the governor before implementation. Thus, the news went viral on media without a word from the governor, finally, he spoke. Guess, he's called names. Which governor or president , in short, which pubic official will have time to be surfing the net for hours searching for irrelevant information when issues on the table are beckoning on him and esteemed functions pending, calling for attention. This is how low we Nigerians think, we're some how the cause of our problems, we are too critical on our leaders and won't let them do their works, although there are bad eggs among, give respect to constituted authorities, it's not easy to lead a state, speak less a sovereign cum republican nation, we've been clamoring for change since 90's, when will we have a leader and mute up in satisfaction? We want to be like first world countries, forgetting that a thousand miles begins with a step, this is pertinent and shouldn't be overlooked.

People are dying in different forms; accidents, murder, assassinations, name it, all these, why? We may say bad governance, however, if looked at closely we're our own killers, government exempted. Youth's now want to get rich quick, flaunt whatever car brand, wear expensive clothes are live in affluence. This prompts them to look for various nefarious aids, why won't we be hearing of murders, when the youths are killing themselves for money. Some may say, the harsh economy prompted such, I'll say, "what happened to legit hustling."
Not to talk of advanced fee fraud, popularly called Yahoo Yahoo, we shout people are suffering, meanwhile, this young boys dupes the living hell out of people. No fear of God nor man. It's high time we realized we're the cause of our own problems, not all vices are from the government, watch out.

To balance both sides, I'll also come up with writes on issues the government is lagging behind and the bad eggs amongst them. Meanwhile, take note that the change we're clamoring for will never come if we don't begin the change with ourselves, we're too selfish.

We're in one way or the other responsible for our deaths, sufferings and woes, the spiritual aspects cannot be left out, I wouldn't go into that as not all are theist, albeit, the believers know what I'm talking about.

Just as the Nigerian pledge ends

I'm done

So help US God.

Share to others
Drop your views in the comment box, I'll appreciate them in the upcoming post.

Elisha Thompson
✍️✍️

https://www.facebook.com/100052805166728/posts/317325900037580/?app=fbl

Lalasticlala
Re: Nigeria's Current Situation Analysis by Elistho(m): 10:40pm On Jun 23, 2021
Keep the views coming undecided
Re: Nigeria's Current Situation Analysis by Mangekyo: 10:43pm On Jun 23, 2021
Summarize son
Re: Nigeria's Current Situation Analysis by nlreserve: 10:48pm On Jun 23, 2021
Elistho:
Keep the views coming undecided
The reality of the next level
Re: Nigeria's Current Situation Analysis by Elistho(m): 7:06am On Jun 24, 2021
Mangekyo:
Summarize son
Thanks sir
Re: Nigeria's Current Situation Analysis by Elistho(m): 7:07am On Jun 24, 2021
nlreserve:
The reality of the next level
The reality most Nigerians run from

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Represents 99.9% Ndigbo’; As Igbo Lawyers Mobilise Defence / Femi Efulefu Adesina is a staunch betrayer of the Yoruba people- Pa Adebanjo / Gunmen Abduct First-class Kogi Monarch, Demand N30m Ransom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.