Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

South African President, Cyril Ramaphosa Pleads On Live TV for His Stolen Ipad - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South African President, Cyril Ramaphosa Pleads On Live TV for His Stolen Ipad (180 Views)

SA President Cyril Ramaphosa Wears Palestinian Scarf, Pledges Solidarity (PICS) / Cyril Ramaphosa Blames NATO For Ukraine Crisis / President Cyril Ramaphosa's Ipad 'Stolen' On Live TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South African President, Cyril Ramaphosa Pleads On Live TV for His Stolen Ipad by ajbabs(m): 8:30am On Jun 24, 2021
For a moment on Tuesday, it seemed petty crime had found a victim in South Africa's President Cyril Ramaphosa, much to the shock of the public.

Ramaphosa was in Cape Town on Tuesday for the establishment of the Transnet National Ports Authority as an independent subsidiary of Transnet (the state transport company).

As he was about to deliver the keynote on live TV - which he was to read from his iPad - he realised with visible shock that it had simply disappeared.

Many assumed it had been stolen...

"I had my iPad. Do you know where they took my iPad to? This is the problem of always handing out your gadgets to other people. It's always best that I keep all these things with me all the time. I had my iPad. I had it in my hand. It's gone. I lost it, it seems."

Video - President Realises iPad is Missing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c1_aYdpaOk

Ramaphosa had to sit down again until a backup copy of his speech was brought.

Some found this funny while others decried what they thought to be the brazenness of a crime that it could happen to the first citizen.

The Presidency said, however, that the president was making a joke.

"There was no question of the iPad being missing or stolen. The President was making a light-hearted point while waiting for the iPad to be brought to him - which it was before he began his remarks to media," Tyrone Seal, chief director of communications in the president's office, told Eyewitness News.

Re: South African President, Cyril Ramaphosa Pleads On Live TV for His Stolen Ipad by ajbabs(m): 8:39am On Jun 24, 2021
Lalasticlala, do you believe that criminals can steal Buhari iPad like that in a public function?
Re: South African President, Cyril Ramaphosa Pleads On Live TV for His Stolen Ipad by ChiefSosa(m): 8:46am On Jun 24, 2021
If na 9ja, that iPad fit don reach computer village or Enerhen junction. Dem go don flash am
Re: South African President, Cyril Ramaphosa Pleads On Live TV for His Stolen Ipad by Iceyjayz: 9:08am On Jun 24, 2021
ajbabs:
Lalasticlala, do you believe that criminals can steal Buhari iPad like that in a public function?
This thread made front page few days ago, stop waisting your precious time
Re: South African President, Cyril Ramaphosa Pleads On Live TV for His Stolen Ipad by mysticwarrior(m): 11:14am On Jun 24, 2021
Apologies not accepted

(1) (Reply)

11 Women Accuse New York Governor Of Sexual Harassment / North Korea Fires Missiles East Coast / Marine Who Blasted Military Leaders Over Afghanistan Widrawal To Plead Guilty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.