Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,134 members, 7,849,552 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:26 AM

"You Don't Call" Is This A Crime? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "You Don't Call" Is This A Crime? (350 Views)

Crime And Christianity Are Killing Off Our Religious Traditions / Facts You Don't Know About IBADAN / India's Supreme Court Rules Adultery Not A Crime Any More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"You Don't Call" Is This A Crime? by McLizbae: 10:44am On Jun 24, 2021
Nlers, if I am guilty of the following comments:

1. You don't call me/ You no dey call person.
2. You forgot me/ You don forget me.
3.You don't check on me / You nor dey ask about your guy.

Have I done anything bad, has a crime been committed really?

I and I believe many of us often get this comments when we meet, run into, or finally get to talk or chat with acquainted persons we haven't meet or engaged for a while. Does this really make me a bad person, if I dont call or chat a friend/family/colleague unless there is a reason or event for it?

I have met a couple of people within this couple of days I have spent here on earth, most of whom have come and gone. As much as I really do wish some never left, I much more wish I never met, and will never meet some again.

There are persons that I unavoidably meet or talk to on daily basis and I can't even cut my nails for their sake, because they really do not deserve it. Whereas, there are persons I haven't seen or talk to for years, but if they come tru today, I will give nothing less than my best to them.

So back to my first question, how do you deal in face of people with this mind set and challenge?
Re: "You Don't Call" Is This A Crime? by Barbiturate(m): 11:12am On Jun 24, 2021
Naija hard bro. It's not your fault. People hardly think about people or remember people! Everybody dey find daily bread. Anytime we see, we greet....then movement!

Any free time you have to surf the web, you can send them a hi/hello message on WhatsApp. It's not hard!

There are bothering issues to worry about. Men dey find job!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "You Don't Call" Is This A Crime? by McLizbae: 10:55am On Jun 27, 2021
Barbiturate:
Naija hard bro. It's not your fault. People hardly think about people or remember people! Everybody dey find daily bread. Anytime we see, we greet....then movement!

There are bothering issues to worry about. Men dey find job!

Baba you know. This is just the basic reason! Country hard and the man time is not even enough to fetch man enough bread, but I nor fit they explain to everybody especially people wey soppose know.

I gas just feel I haven't hurt anyone just because I didn't remotely contact you to greet...

(1) (Reply)

Worrisome Rise Of Anti-religion Agents On Nairaland. / The Human Race Fell Off And The Pain Of A Mother. / Western Europeans Are Uncivilized SAVAGES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.