Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,679 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

The Realities Of A Northern Rural Dweller - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Realities Of A Northern Rural Dweller (116 Views)

A Picture Of An Economics Examination In A Northern University / Video Of Out Of School Children In Northern Nigeria Stir Panic Online / Sad Realities Of The Modern World(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Realities Of A Northern Rural Dweller by Naanlong01: 12:32pm On Jun 24, 2021
Hello fellow Nairalanders, My job requires me staying in the rural area at least for now. I am from the South but I have been in the North for almost ten years of which my stay is restricted only to the North Central, I have lived in four out of the seven North Central States. My present location is the real definition of rural settlement, my previous locations in other States were towns, and cities.

Now straight to my experiences, please don't even think of basic amenities like road, drinkable water, electricity, healthcare centre, or schools, you can't even see a police station (thank me for hintting you on why Bandits operate unquestioned in most places like this), in fact nothing to show the presence of government in this Community, I am talking of a completely remote community where you don't even have good network coverage, infact to shock you, mtn coverage is not here at all, only glo, and can only be accessed in a few locations , in fact I count muself lucky to be resident in one of the few network coverage areas, at least I can stay in my room to receive and make calls, but not confidently because sometimes you leave your phone idle for hours only to discover that there hasn't been network, so often time, people can be trying to reach me for days without success, so I told my frequent callers to always drop a text whenever the can't get me via call, at least whenever network returns from straying, the message would deliver and I can notify them that am now available.

I have not even shared 5 percent of my experiences, but I will pause here for now because I know Nairalanders gets bored with very long read, so if you are interested in this story of mine, just notify me in the comment section, the response would determine if I would continue this thread. Let me go to our browsing centre to post this write up, oh, you're surprised? I am writing this in my room and there is network but we only have two places where we browse in the whole community, when I say we, I mean myself and 99% other youth who come there to do online betting.

(1) (Reply)

Admission Update / Medical Doctor Becomes First Nigerian To Graduate From 133-year Russian Varsity / NU Assignment 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.