Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,285 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Steps Of Love - A Story By Ngozi Lovelyn - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Steps Of Love - A Story By Ngozi Lovelyn (4750 Views)

My Wicked Him - Episode 1 By Ngozi Lovelyn / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: 'I Was Happy To Wear Dior Cleavage-Baring Dress' / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Steps Of Love - A Story By Ngozi Lovelyn by NgoziLovelyn(f): 1:11pm On Jun 24, 2021
Hello everyone. I'm sharing one of works for all lovers of good stories to enjoy.

COPYRIGHT
© Ngozi Lovelyn, 2020 to present
All Rights are reserved. You may not reproduce this story in any way or form, in whole or in part, without the written consent of the copyright holder, (Ngozi Lovelyn) and any infringement of this is a violation of copyright law.

The characters in this work are entirely fictional, as well as the settings. Any resemblance to people and/or events, either living or dead, is purely coincidental, unintentional and doesn't intend to offend

So, lets read below.

Steps of Love by Ngozi Lovelyn

Episode 1

It was a very busy road, with vehicles maintaining a normal speed limit. People were spotted going about their activities. Road side vendors were spotted attending to customers, while some sat looking out for buyers. Ifunanya was in a tricycle, heading towards supreme supermarket.

As she alighted from the tricycle, which is popularly known as Keke in Nigeria, she spotted a man who looked exactly like Victor, coming down from an exotic car. She quickly paid the Keke rider and hurriedly walked closer to have a clearer view.

"Wait a minute, that's him. That's Victor Emenike, that's Victor" She screamed aloud, in a joyful tone.

Victor turned, and couldn't believe who his eyes were seeing.

"Ifunanya?" He screamed excitedly as they embraced widely.

Victor was a very tight friend of Ifunanya and Amanda back in the university. They were inseparable friends until Victor dropped out in their third year after having series of carryovers.

"Oh my God! Ify, today is a blessed day. I finally found you. I can't believe my eyes. You are looking more beautiful" he complemented her amidst cheerful tone

"Thank you so much. I am happy to see you too. Wait, is that your car?" Ifunanya asked, widening eyes in admiration

"Yes, I got it last month" Victor replied, maintaining a cheerful look

"Wow! You are doing good for yourself. Congratulations, I am happy for you" She said so warmly

"Thanks beautiful" Victor appreciated kindly

The word "beautiful" created a new kind of feeling in Ifunanya's heart. At that spot, she started developing a feeling for Victor.

"Victor, you left without giving a clue to your whereabouts. All our efforts to connect with you went in vain."

"I was so ashamed, you know. I wasn't a good student. I know you guys tried alot to help me kick up my GP, but I wasn't worthy" he said with a faint smile

As he continued explanning why he couldn't keep contact with them after he left the university, Ifunanya got lost in her thought,

"I can't believe I'm falling for him. He was our best friend, how come I never felt something for him back then? If he doesn't ask me out, I'm definitely going to throw the question right to him. He is looking so cute. Wow!" Ifunanya quickly concluded in her heart and then resumed listening to Victor

"But I tried connecting you girls, even on Facebook. It seems you are off from social media. And your numbers, when I call, another person will answer" Victor explained

"We are on Facebook but with different names. And our former lines, we lost our phones, and couldn't retrieve the numbers, because you were the one who got it for us. Our names and pictures were not on the data. The process of retrieving them got more stressful, so, we decided to abandon it and got new lines" Ifunanya replied, blushing, expecting Victor to notice she was having a thing for him.

"Ok, now that I've seen you, having your number again would make me happier" Victor requested, with a calm charming smile

"With all pleasure" Ifunanya said and started wondering in her heart "What does he mean by that? Is he falling for me too?"As she tried to call her number for him, Victor interrupted.

"And how is Amanda?"

"She is very fine. She is going to shout if I tell her who I saw today" She replied, with her white teeth making way for a smile

"Please tell me she is not married, please" Victor blurted, eagerly waiting to hear a "no" as an answer

But the question wasn't what Ifunanya was expecting.

"And what if she is married?" She asked, with sheer panic brushing her heart. She doesn't want it to be what she was thinking.

"Ify, I've seen women, but to tell you the truth, none has appealed to my heart like Amanda does. God has finally answered my prayers by leading you to me, today. I believe you girls are still friends. Please, can I have her number?" Victor warmly requested, rejoicing in his heart, thanking God for making that day special for him.

Ifunanya continued looking at him without knowing what to reply him

Victor continued, "I can't wait to hear her voice again. Her kind smiling face hasn't left my heart. I still hear the sounds of her laughter each time I'm alone in my room. I only realized I was inlove with her years after separating from you girls"

"No Victor, don't do this to me. How can you be inlove with Amanda?" Ifunanya became sad, but without showing it.

"Judging by the look of your face, does it mean, you are not friends with her anymore?" Victor asked, observing the sudden change in Ifunanya's facial expression.

"We are friends, but I don't think Amanda is the woman for you. She belongs to another" she rushed the words

Victor gave her a strong questioning look.

"Yes, Amanda is happily married" Ifunanya added

Victor got weak, as he maintained silence for about 31 seconds.

"But, why does my heart keep telling me that, Amanda is the woman for me?" He sighed deeply, nurturing disappointment.

2 Likes

Re: Steps Of Love - A Story By Ngozi Lovelyn by NgoziLovelyn(f): 1:13pm On Jun 24, 2021
Episode 2

Steps of Love - Episode 2 by Ngozi Lovelyn

Babe, guess who I saw today?" Ifunanya asked Amanda who was sitting down, knitting some pieces of fabrics.

Amanda deepened her eyes, searching her brain to see if she could guess right.

"Your mother?" She said in a questioning manner

"No..ooo......Guess again..." Ifunanya requested, looking excited

Amanda observed Ifunanya's face, realising how happy she looked.

"Wait, you saw your ex?" Amanda guessed, laughing

The response reduced the cheerful mood on Ifunanya's face.

"Are you serious? And why would I be this happy if he was the one I saw?"

Amanda laughed, looking at how serious she made Ifunanya looked

"I was only teasing you. So tell me, who did you say you saw today?"

"I saw Victor Emenike today looking so made"

"Wait...what? You saw who?" Amanda got shockingly surprise

"At first, I couldn't believe he was the one until I got a closer look"

"Oh my God! How is he? Give me his contact number let me call him right away" Amanda requested, eagerly to hear Victor's voice.

"Um....about that, I want to ask you something?"

"That question should wait until I hear Victor's voice...Just give me his number, you collected his number right?

"Yes, I did, but until you answer my question." Ifunanya got more serious

"And what's that serious look for? Did something bad happen? Did you meet him in a terrible condition?" Amanda got curious

"Amanda, If Victor somehow asks for your hand in marriage, would you say "yes"?"

"Where is that question coming from? Wait, did he say something like that?" Amanda asked, giving Ifunanya a serious questioning look

"Just answer me first" Ifunanya repeated, raising a bit of her voice.

"Oook...I don't know. Victor was our best friend in school, and that's the only memory I have of him. I don't know how he looks now. I think this question should be after I see him. I believe he must have changed a lot, both in appearance and personality"

"I have to stop Amanda from laying eyes on Victor. She is my best friend, she can't get married to him. I will be certainly consumed if I allow them get married to each other.". Ifunanya lost in her thought

"Hello....hello..Come on, are you Ok? You look lost, Hello?" Amanda called, snapping fingers at her

"I'm fine" Ifunanya replied, returning to reality.

"And why are you not giving me the number?" Amanda continued asking for Victor's mobile line

"When I ran into Victor today, I thought he was still the same sweet guy we knew, but he is now something else. Rude, pompous and aggressively proud"

Amanda got confused, still listening to her

"As we got talking, I asked him to marry me"

"You did what?" Amanda burst into laughter

"Yea, yea..you can laugh, but you needed to see him. He looked sweet and more bold. Victor is something else entirely" Ifunanya said, making a moody face

"So, what did he say?"

"Instead, I got the insult of my life." She paused, acting to be extremely sad

"Go on, please" Amanda calmly requested

"He said he is married, that even if he is not, he won't settle for anything like us. That we were so insensitive towards his feelings back in school. That we were busy chasing other men, ignoring him, that we thought he was not aware of the numerous abortions we committed. Amanda, he said so many things against us. I never knew he was harbouring so much hatred"

"He said all that?" Amanda asked, getting confused

"And lot more. You really don't need to hear the rest"

"Now I hate him... I'm going to punch him in the face whenever I see him. How can he say such rubbish things against us?" Amanda got furious

"I was shocked, I couldn't even believe those were actually coming out from his mouth. Though, he later apologized after realizing how hurt his words made me feel"

"And you forgave him?"

"I had to.. He said he was sorry." Ifunanya replied

No, I'm not going to forgive him." Amanda maintained her anger

"I assured him that I have forgiven him. Amanda, he requested to hear your voice and I promised him that, you will call him once I get home"

"Well, you shouldn't make such promises on my behalf" Amanda maintained her mood

"Just do it for my sake. I want to show him that we are not cowards like him and I'm no longer brooding over the nonsense things he spewed against us. I want him to regret his actions. Just call him please"

"And what am I going to say to him?" Amanda asked, still detesting the idea of calling him after hearing everything Ifunanya said.

"Just say "Hi Victor, Ifunanya told me she saw you today? Hope you are good? Um, I want to go and attend to my sweet husband now, he needs my attention. So bye and take care" Ifunanya suggested

"Ok, that's fair enough" Amanda agreed, trying to get her phone

"Don't worry, you are going to call him with mine" Ifunanya said, extending her phone to Amanda

1 Like

Re: Steps Of Love - A Story By Ngozi Lovelyn by NgoziLovelyn(f): 1:15pm On Jun 24, 2021
Episode 3

Amanda collected the phone from Ifunanya.

"It's ringing already, place it on your ear" Ifunanya urged

"Yes, I know, but bear in mind you are the one forcing me to do this. I don't feel like talking to him"

"Sshhh..you are on call, you want him to hear you?" Ifunanya screamed in a very low tone

Amanda was still having words in her mouth when Victor answered the call.

"Amanda? Oh my God. It's still your voice, it hasn't changed a bit" Victor said from his end, feeling excited hearing Amanda's voice

Amanda who was filled with anger got a calm breeze, brushing the surface of her skin after hearing Victor's voice. She froze and lost her words.

Ifunanya who noticed the calm look on Amanda's face wondered what was going on. She expected Amanda to feel irritated hearing Victor's voice.

"Amanda, are you there? I know it's you, it's still the same voice which has been my companion for years. Yes, I know your voice and the sound of your breath" Victor calmly said

"Vi..Victor, how are you? Um.. long time" Amanda startled

"Yes, long time. It's so beautiful to hear your voice again. And by the way, I kind of overheard you talking to someone about not feeling like talking to him, hope you were not referring to me? Because I'm ready to apologise for not keeping in touch after I left school" Victor said, thinking that Amanda was angry with him for not being in touch

Ifunanya wasn't comfortable with what was happening. She expected Amanda to have ended the call.

Amanda was having confusion running all over her head on how calm Victor was sounding. She expected some kind of rude attitude from him, but he was sounding cool and responsible.

"What's happening, just end the call already. Don't allow him to sweet talk you into seeing him as a good person" Ifunanya urged in a very low tone

"Amanda, you are not saying anything. Are you not happy to hear my voice? Ok, I am so sorry sweetheart, I..."

"Um, Victor, can we talk later?" Amanda cut in

"No, don't end the call. Just tell him you want to attend to your husband" Ifunanya reminded her in a very low tone

Amanda nodded, returning to the call, but still found it difficult to lie she was married. "I....I.....Victor, I...."

"Yes, you miss me right?" Victor asked so intimately

Amanda was having so many things running in her head. She couldn't bring herself down to lying to Victor and she then ended the call.

"What was the meaning of that?" Ifunanya rushed a question

"I couldn't find myself lying to him. I lost my voice"

"Thie is not good at all" Ifunanya said in her heart, feeling bitter as she continued looking at Amanda who was explaining how strange she felt after hearing Victor's voice

"To tell you the honest truth, I was so mad at him. I only made that call because you forced me to and I was also planning on mentioning that I was married, but those anger left my heart the moment I heard his voice. It was so strange. Oh my God! I miss him so much. Wait, why is my spirit so elevated?" Amanda wondered, touching her heart

Ifunanya doesn't like what was happening

"You never told me you have feelings for Victor?" Ifunanya asked, in a straight up tone

"I never said so, but I am so excited to hear his voice. Ify, are you sure he is married? Maybe, he lied just like you did, you know."

"What are you saying? Does it mean you did not hear a word I just explained?" Ifunanya asked, in a bit harsh voice

"I am sorry, I didn't mean to upset you. Just that he doesn't sound like a married man to me. And he doesn't sound like someone who has an atom of rudeness in him. He sounded like our best friend, Victor. A friend we missed so much" Amanda tried explaining her self

"You are choosing him over me. I told you how he mistreated me today, instead, you are saying nice things about him and taking his sides. I thought you are my best friend, you should consider my feelings. I won't forgive him for insulting the woman in me and so should you" Ifunanya angrily said, walking inside the room.

"Wait, but I thought you said you have forgiven him?" Amanda asked as Ifunanya continued walking inside without replying her

Amanda sat on the chair, thinking over everything. The story Ifunanya narrated and her brief chat with Victor.

Victor was in his room, still waiting for Amanda to call back and was wondering why his feelings for her never changed, even after hearing she was married. It even got stronger after hearing her over the phone.

"And that background statement, who was she referring to? Oh! Now I get it, Ifunanya told her about my feelings and she is trying to avoid me because she is married. Well, I will grant her that. I think it's time I killed this feelings before I engage in some acts I will end up regretting" Victor concluded, determining to burn every passion he ever developed for Amanda

To be continued

1 Like

Re: Steps Of Love - A Story By Ngozi Lovelyn by NgoziLovelyn(f): 1:23pm On Jun 25, 2021
Steps of Love - Episode 4 by Ngozi Lovelyn

Ifunanya who left Amanda in the living room was having her conscience fighting her if she was doing the right thing.

"Yes, I know I shouldn't be doing this, but what other choice do I have? I love both of them. Seeing them getting married will create a difficult situation for me and I will be loosing them both. I just wish Amanda doesn't push through with this. I wish she just forget about him"

Just then, Amanda walked into the room.

"Ok, I am sorry for not heeding to your words. He insulted you and I should be mad at him. I was carried away by his sweet voice. But that's over now. You have been my best friend and the only person who always stand by me no matter how difficult my situation is. You are my sister, Ify, and I should consider your feelings"

Amanda warmly apologised, hugging Ifunanya from behind.

But Ifunanya remained mute.

"I said, I am sorry naaa..."Amanda continued

"Ok, I have heard you, but promise you won't talk nor ask about him again."

"I promise. Now, can I see a smiley face? Plsss"

"Alright" Ifunanya replied, smiling.

It was around 2:00am, Amanda is deep in sleep and delved into the world of dream. It was in a fancy restaurant. She saw her self wearing a white short gown, sitting alone, waiting for someone. Two glasses were placed on the table with a bottle of wine at the centre. She was feeling extremely lonely. She knew she was waiting for someone but she doesn't know who it was, just then, the other cup which was placed for the person she was waiting for disappeared. She screamed in fear, waking up.

She was sweating all over, and looked at the other side of the bed, Ifunanya was sleeping soundly.

She stood up, headed to the kitchen, and took a glass of water.

She started wondering what the dream meant. She then remembered Victor and started having the same feelings she was having for him earlier.

"No.....no......no, I promised to forget Victor, why am I feeling this way again?"

But the feelings continued getting stronger.

She headed to the living room, sat on the chair, trying to block the channel the feeling was coming from, but she couldn't.

"Victor is married, why all these? Oh God, I can't be anyone's sidechick. I reject it" She firmly proclaimed, meaning every words of it, but still, that doesn't helped matter.

She started feeling this push to search Ifunanya's phone for Victor's number.

"Ok, maybe, we can just be friends. Yes, that can work. We will just be friends and there will be no strings attached. After all, we have been friends before. But I'm not going to tell Ifunanya about this, she won't understand my feelings."

So she headed back to the room, and met Ifunanya still sleeping. She picked her phone, searched for Victor's number, but it wasn't there.

"She deleted the number. How do I connect to Victor now?"

Victor was in his own house, feeling restless. He determined to move on and forget Amanda, but still, he had his feelings failing him.

"Ifunanya is married, why am I not getting it? She also doesn't want to talk to me. I have never felt anything like this before." Victor tried, forcing himself to sleep and forget Amanda, but that was proving difficult.

"Ok, we can be friends, yes, that can work. And besides, we used to be friends, so no no big deal. Let me call Ifunanya and ask her to send me Amanda's number" He picked his phone, dialed the number, but it wasn't connecting. He tried again, still not reachable.

Ifunanya banned his line. So, he couldn't get through

Amanda is still thinking on how to connect to Victor, she then remembered Facebook.

"Yes, Facebook. I just pray he finally entered Facebook" she lay back on the bed, picked her phone, logged into Facebook and started searching for his name.

When they were in school, Victor was among the people who doesn't fancy Facebook. It never interested him. The main reason he joined Facebook was to search for Amanda and Ifunanya, but it proved abortive.

There were so many Victors. So she started going through them one by one, looking at their pictures searching for her own Victor.

To be continued...

Warning! Copyright protected

2 Likes

Re: Steps Of Love - A Story By Ngozi Lovelyn by NgoziLovelyn(f): 12:20am On Jun 26, 2021
Hello..next episode tomorrow
Re: Steps Of Love - A Story By Ngozi Lovelyn by Ann2012(f): 7:04am On Jun 26, 2021
Interesting
Re: Steps Of Love - A Story By Ngozi Lovelyn by NgoziLovelyn(f): 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2021
Steps of Love - episode 5 by Ngozi Lovelyn

After Amanda found Victor on Facebook, she took a deep breath, released a smile and then, started going through his pictures to see if she could find his wedding pictures to know the type of woman he married, but couldn't find any.

"How come he didn't post any of his wife's pictures? Maybe, he is among those who doesn't post their private lives online." She concluded

As she was about to hit the 'Add friend" button, she gazed at Ifunanya who was still sleeping, remembering the promise she made to her. She sighed and then sent the request.

The next morning, immediately she woke up, she rushed her phone, to see if Victor had responded to the request, but he hadn't gone online.

So she stood up, headed to the bathroom to get ready for work.

It was a busy morning, Amanda was standing on the road, trying to stop a Keke, a black SUV pulled over to her side.

But she paid no attention to the car and continued looking for a Keke to stop.

As she turned towards the car, she saw Victor walking towards her side and she fixed a gaze at him, looking cheerfully stunned. She was dumbfounded with missed feelings, he was the last person she expected to see that morning.

"Victor?" She called

"Look at you... Oh my God! You haven't changed a bit." Happy looking Victor said, walking closer to her

They hugged, a bit tightly.

As they embraced, they felt a strong energy spark running through their veins. They felt like not letting go of each other's arms.

But as Amanda remembered he was married, she quickly let loose of him.

Observing her face, realising how unease the hug made her feel, he started apologising "I am sorry. For a minute, I forgot you are married and I can't have you"

Amanda gave him a surprise look, wondering why he said that.

She then remembered the things Ifunanya said and how insulted he made her feel. "You are sounding so nice and so different. I'm still wondering why did it. Why you had to insult her like that"

Victor got confused, looking at her to understand what she was trying to say.

Amanda continued "to tell you the truth, I am mad at you. We are no longer in the time of our forefathers when it's only the duty of a man to propose to a woman. You shouldn't have insulted her like that and said all those nonsense you spewed against us, you should have just said no and walked away.

"Amanda, you are getting me confused, what are you talking about and who are you referring to?" Confused Victor asked, calmly.

"Stop acting so innocent, Ifunanya told me everything. How you insulted us simply because she asked for your hand in marriage."

"I did no such thing. I don't know Ifunanya to be a liar, that's why I'm trying to understand what you are trying to say. You are getting me confused. Are you referring to my encounter with her yesterday?" Victor asked

"Yes" Amanda replied

"Ok, let me explain what happened"

Amanda cut in "Victor, like you said, Ifunanya is not a liar. So don't try to sweet talk me out of it. You are no longer the Victor we knew." She turned, stopping a Keke that was coming directly to her spot.

"Amanda, can we go to a cool place and sort this like matured adult? Let me explain what happened, ok. I only asked..."

Amanda interrupted, telling the Keke rider the direction she was going.

"Amanda, listen to me. We can go with my car. Just come with me, I need to clear myself"

But the Keke zoomed off.

Victor was left in total confusion. He wondered the things he said to Ifunanya that could warrant such behaviour from them. He got his phone, started dialing Ifunanya's number, but wasn't connecting.

"Wait a minute, did she bar my line?"

Amanda who was still in Keke, brought out her phone and cancelled the friend request he sent to Victor and also blocked him so that he won't ever find her on Facebook.

To be continued..

Warning! Copyright protected

2 Likes

Re: Steps Of Love - A Story By Ngozi Lovelyn by NgoziLovelyn(f): 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2021
Thanks dear
Ann2012:
Interesting
Re: Steps Of Love - A Story By Ngozi Lovelyn by Gloriagee(f): 5:31pm On Jun 26, 2021
Amanda is aunty wey mumu.
Re: Steps Of Love - A Story By Ngozi Lovelyn by NgoziLovelyn(f): 7:56pm On Jun 26, 2021
Haha..no be small oo...
Gloriagee:
Amanda is aunty wey mumu.
Re: Steps Of Love - A Story By Ngozi Lovelyn by NgoziLovelyn(f): 11:12am On Jun 27, 2021
Good morning friends. New episode dropping soon
Re: Steps Of Love - A Story By Ngozi Lovelyn by NgoziLovelyn(f): 3:54pm On Jun 27, 2021
Steps of love - ep 6 by Ngozi Lovelyn

Victor, who still couldn't wrap his head on what was going on decided to call a friend, who happened to be their former coursemate.

"Okwy, I need your help." He said

"Ok shoot, if it's something I can do" Okwy responded

"You remember Amanda and Ifunanya, our former course mates?"

"Yes...., the inseparable friends? I remember, so what about them?" Okwy asked

"Do you in anyway have Amanda's call line or know someone that knows her or where she works?"

"No, they were not in my clique, but I know someone who I can ask" Okwy replied

"Thank you...I will be waiting for your call" Victor said, sounding appreciative

They ended the call.

Amanda had sitted in the office, thinking over her encounter with Victor. She was wondering if she did the right thing by reacting so impulsively.

"Yes, he deserved it. No man messes with a woman like that" She said, resuming her work.

Amanda didn't keep much friends when she was in school, and the "call line" her former coursemates knew her with was stolen alongside her phone and she couldn't retrieve it, because the data on the registration form was different from her's.

The person Okwy called said she doesn't have Amanda's call line, but she had Ifunanya's. "She and Ifunanya were tight friends, let me call her to know if she has her line"

"Ok...waiting for it" Okwy said

Five minutes later, Victor's phone beeped. He checked, it was a message from Okwy.

He smiled visibly and quickly dialed the number and a guy answered.

"Pls can you hand over the phone to the owner?" Victor kindly requested

"Are you crazy? You called my line and you are asking me to give it to the owner?" The person raked

"Oh sorry, I must have called a wrong number" Victor apologized, disconnecting the line and quickly called Okwy to check the number he sent to him, to know if he made a mistake.

"I forwarded the message exactly the way I received it." Okwy said

"Who sent it to you?"

"Ebere. She got the number from Ifunanya" Okwy said

"Ifunanya?"

"Yes" Okwy replied

"Now I see...."

"You see what?" Okwy asked

"Never mind. And thanks much, really appreciate"

"You are welcome" Okwy said disconnecting the line.

The next morning, Victor decided to go to the same spot he saw Amanda the previous day, to know if luck would shine on him.

1hr later, he was still waiting.

"Amanda, I am not giving up on you. Ifunanya is a liar. Maybe, she also lied about you getting married. Yes, she doesn't even look married and there is no wedding ring on her finger. I'm having this strong feeling she is not married" Victor's hope kept getting high

2hrs later, he was still waiting. And luckily, Amanda was spotted waking towards the spot he saw her the previous day.

Victor rushed out of his car, but Amanda wasn't pleased to see him.

"Good morning beautiful, how are you?" He greeted

"I am fine. Are you following me?" Amanda asked, giving a mean facial expression.

"Amanda, you need to hear me out" he said holding her hand

"Victor, leave my hand" she calmly warned

"Not until you hear me out. Ifunanya is deceiving you. She is lying to you" Victor rushed his words, but Amanda's anger stirred up aggressively

"I said leave me alone" she shouted, drawing the attention of passersby.

"Baby, just give me 30 seconds to explain everything." Victor continued pleading, but Amanda wasn't having any of it.

"I vowed that, today, you must hear my own side of the story. I also demand a fair hearing, Amanda"

"Victor, are you this cheap? All these things, what are they for? Just to see the colour of my pant?"

"Jesus! Amanda, how can you say a thing like that?"

"Then leave me alone" she shouted the second time, drawing angry mobs to their spot.

They quickly concluded he was a con man who uses charm to hypnotise people and make them do whatever they ask of them.

They grabbed Victor and started hitting him without even asking what was going on. Amanda stepped by the side and started stopping a Keke.

Victor was shocked looking at her, wondering why she was paying a nonchalant attitude. He started shouting, that he wasn't whom they thought he was, that they should ask her.

But Amanda ignored him, continued stopping a Keke.

Victor continued insisting that they should ask her before she leaves the scene.

So one of the mobs heeded to his request, but Amanda who was already inside Keke and was about leaving, boldly said "no", to the hearing of everybody, that she doesn't know him.

And Victor couldn't believe his ears. He was mercilessly beaten as he continued begging he was innocent of what they were accusing him off.

Amanda who was still in Keke continued having her anger boiling up "when I had nothing, when the world was against me, Ifunanya was the only one who stood by me. She is what I am today, how could he call her a liar? Ifunanya is one person who would do anything to secure my happiness. So, he deserves the punishment he is getting now, next time he will think twice before opening the gutter he calls a mouth to insult my friend. Let me call her sef, she will be so thrilled to hear this gist"

TBC

Warning! Copyright protected.

1 Like

Re: Steps Of Love - A Story By Ngozi Lovelyn by Ann2012(f): 7:51pm On Jun 27, 2021
That was too harsh Amanda

Thanks for the update ma’am
Re: Steps Of Love - A Story By Ngozi Lovelyn by NgoziLovelyn(f): 9:00pm On Jun 27, 2021
You arewelcome dear
Ann2012:
That was too harsh Amanda

Thanks for the update ma’am
Re: Steps Of Love - A Story By Ngozi Lovelyn by Gloriagee(f): 9:31pm On Jun 27, 2021
Her mumu never do

1 Like

Re: Steps Of Love - A Story By Ngozi Lovelyn by NgoziLovelyn(f): 10:34pm On Jun 27, 2021
I dey tell you, e never do..
Gloriagee:
Her mumu never do
Re: Steps Of Love - A Story By Ngozi Lovelyn by NgoziLovelyn(f): 3:16pm On Jun 28, 2021
Steps of Love - Episode 7 by Ngozi Lovelyn

Amanda was laughing loudly in the keke, gisting Ifunanya what happened with Victor that morning.

"He is learning his lessons the hard way. Next time, he won't mess with a woman"

Ifunanya pretended to be happy about it, laughing along.

"I am so proud of you, Ama. You did well. Where exactly did you say it happened?"

"Just at that B.line junction, close to our street" Amanda replied

"I have to go now, I have something on fire" Ifunanya said

"Ok babe" Amanda replied, ending the call

"I thought you said, you don't know that man?" The driver cut in

"So you were eavesdropping to my conversation? Learn to mind your business" Amanda snapped

"Just pray nothing happens to him or his blood will be on your head?"

His words pierced Amanda's heart, getting her angrier.

"See me see trouble, Mr man, who sent you? Pls stop, stop me here biko"

The Keke driver pulled over.

Amanda alighted, asking how much was her fare.

"I'm going back to help that man. I pray they haven't lynched him to death, already" the driver said, revising

"What?" Looking at the tricycle zooming off

and continued "That's why people should learn to mind their business. He doesn't even know what Victor did and he is siding for him" she hissed, looking for another tricycle to stop.

Victor had been beating to stupor, as he continued begging for his life. Blood was gushing down from his mouth and head with serious bruises in different parts of his body. But the angry mobs were still not yet satisfied.

A fellow who was a victim of roadside scammers suggested burning him. He rolled a tyre, placing it on his head. He narrated how he was scammed of his hard earned money which was meant for his mother's hospital bills. And having his heart more bittered, remembering how he lost his mother in the process. And that fueled their zeal to burn him after he narrated his story.

Ifunanya was locking her door, running down to B.line junction.

"I just pray nothing bad happens to him" she continued praying in her heart.

Amanda who was already in another tricycle started feeling remorseful. The things the first Keke guy said turned her mind into a battle ground.

"What have I done? What if they lynch him? Oga can you revise and take me to B.line junction? I will pay you double"

"I haven't reached my destination yet" one of the 4 passengers inside the tricycle said

"It's a matter of life and death, please" she continued pleading

"Madam, I got a call that my daughter is sick. I'm trying to get home fast" another passenger said

The Keke rider ignored them.

"Stop! Just stop me here." Amanda requested in a heavy tone as the driver pulled over. She paid, started running back, looking for a tricycle that was going down her direction.

Her heart started beating fast, feeling that something terrible was about to happen to Victor.

She yelled in a heavy tone, not minding she was on the road.

"God please save him! I am so sorry, I don't know what I was thinking." She continued searching for a tricycle that was going her path.

The firstKeke rider was able to reach there on time, and felt pained on what his fellow man was passing through because of a woman.

As he rushed to save Victor, it struck his mind on what might befall him if he frankly told them he was innocent.

"They will see me as an accomplice and set me ablaze too. Ok, I know what to do"

He broke into their midst and requested to hand him over to the police.

But they pushed him aside and started sprinkling fuel on him.

One of the guys spotted his car keys, he picked it and hid it in his pocket.

TBC

Warning! Copyright protected! No copying.

1 Like

Re: Steps Of Love - A Story By Ngozi Lovelyn by aprilwise(m): 7:49am On Jun 29, 2021
An innocent man wanted to be killed cos of jealousy

1 Like

Re: Steps Of Love - A Story By Ngozi Lovelyn by xaviercasmir(m): 9:07am On Jun 29, 2021
angry >smiley >smiley this Amanda is too naive for my liking. And after she will be the one drown everywhere with tears asking for forgiveness.
Nice work you got here. Keep it up

1 Like

Re: Steps Of Love - A Story By Ngozi Lovelyn by NgoziLovelyn(f): 10:52am On Jun 29, 2021
Na so we see am o
aprilwise:
An innocent man wanted to be killed cos of jealousy
Re: Steps Of Love - A Story By Ngozi Lovelyn by NgoziLovelyn(f): 10:52am On Jun 29, 2021
Thank you so much
xaviercasmir:
angry >smiley >smiley this Amanda is too naive for my liking. And after she will be the one drown everywhere with tears asking for forgiveness.
Re: Steps Of Love - A Story By Ngozi Lovelyn by Ann2012(f): 1:05pm On Jun 29, 2021
xaviercasmir:

Over naive sef

1 Like

Re: Steps Of Love - A Story By Ngozi Lovelyn by NgoziLovelyn(f): 3:13pm On Jun 29, 2021
Steps of Love- Ep 8 by Ngozi Lovelyn

The Keke guy couldn't stand and watch an innocent man facing a horrible jungle Justice, he had to do something.

"This man is innocent." He shouted, jumping in between

"Bia oga, we no send you ooo. If you wan die with him, na your call be dat" One of the angry mobs said

"Na me be dat Keke man wey carry dat lady comot. She sabi the man well. If na lie I dey lie, make God kill me." he said in a loud voice. And the angry looking guys halt, trying to understand him better.

The guy who picked Victor's car key saw what was happening and decided to take action immediately.

"This man is lying. What if they are working together? How can he prove that the lady knows the man? There is no way she would lie that, she doesn't know him. Just think, they are working together" the guy said, sounding convincing

And they pounced on the innocent tricycle rider. And a second tyre was brought, which they hanged on his neck.

They were about pouring fuel on him too when Ifunanya broke in their midst.

Amanda was still in Keke that was driving down to B.line junction when a fellow passenger received a call that, there was a man who was about to be set ablaze at B.line junction.

"Wait, did I hear you correctly? That they are about to set someone on fire?" Amanda asked, to confirm if what she heard was true

"Yes, jungle justice is currently going on at B.line junction. You know, everyday they say, is for the thief, but one day is for the owner. That's what suit all these evil agents"

Amanda burst into tears, asking the driver to drive fast.

"That man is innocent. It's all my fault. Driver please, run fast" she pleaded, crying as the driver gave her a side look.

She then pleaded with the passenger who received the call to call his brother and tell him to stop them, that the guy is innocent.

But the guy was confused, trying to understand the angle she was coming from.

"It might be too late before we get there. I will explain to you later, just call your brother please, I beg you" she pleaded in folded hands, as tears continued rolling down her cheeks.

"Ook" he said, bringing out his phone

"Bros, how far, dey don burn the guy?" He asked

"Wait, I can't hear you clearly, you said it's too late now?" He continued

Amanda's heart flipped hearing the conversation. She placed her hands on her head.

While disconnecting the call, he looked at Amanda, who was crying profusely

"Yes, I heard it, he said it's too late now." She said, imagining the pains Victor must have felt before kissing death.

"That's not what he said" the passenger said, as he continued gazing at Amanda who gave him a quick look.

While Ifunanya was running to B.line junction, she put a call through one of her friends who was a police officer.

As luck had it, they responded on time.

The moment Ifunanya stormed the scene and was about to explain to them that Victor was innocent, the police arrived and the angry mobs took to their heels. They dispersed, leaving Victor who was struggling to breath, the Keke driver and Ifunanya who was crying emotionally, begging Victor not to die.

"Hospital. Let's take him to the hospital, he is dying" Ifunanya pleaded with the police officers

Amanda is heaving a relief after the passenger told her how the situation was salvaged with police arrival.

"Thank God he is alive." She continued feeling relieved that he wasn't dead

"So, what did you say happened?" The passenger asked

"To tell you the truth, it's not something I'm so proud off. I don't know how to start explaining it. But I'm glad he lives." Amanda said, looking away, avoiding the question.

She remembered Ifunanya and decided to call her, but she ignored her calls. She dialed the number again, she still ignored her.

She then wondered why Ifunanya was rejecting her calls.

TBC

Warning! Copyright protected! No copying

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Steps Of Love - A Story By Ngozi Lovelyn by aprilwise(m): 5:27am On Jun 30, 2021
This update short.
Re: Steps Of Love - A Story By Ngozi Lovelyn by NgoziLovelyn(f): 11:50am On Jun 30, 2021
Sorry about that
aprilwise:
This update short.
Re: Steps Of Love - A Story By Ngozi Lovelyn by NgoziLovelyn(f): 2:10pm On Jun 30, 2021
Steps of love: episode 9 by Ngozi Lovelyn

4 hours after they arrived the hospital, Victor was already responding to treatment.

"He is strong. Nobody undergoes such harsh treatment without delving into coma" the doctor said to Ifunanya who was sitting close to Victor on the hospital bed

"He needs great amount of rest" he added and Ifunanya became grateful and appreciated him.

Amanda was still at the scene, trying to connect Ifunanya's line, but wasn't reachable.

Just then, the guy who picked Victor's car key arrived, carefully looking around to see if he was been watched.

Amanda spotted him as he appeared suspicious. She fixed a gaze on him to find out what he was upto.

And then, he opened the car.

"Wait a minute, did he just opened the car?" She ran straight to him, asking who he was.

"I'm his friend, he said I should drive the car to his house." He said.

"Really? You are his friend? How is he now?"

"Good" he said, rushing into the car.

"Please, can you take me to him? I really need to see him, so I can apologise. I'm the cause of everything" Amanda calmly requested, but the guy seemed uninterested to what she was saying, as he was busy trying to start the car.

He experienced unexpected ysituation after realising that the car was of manual transmission. He doesn't have a clue on how to operate manuals. Out of frustration, he hit the steering.

"What is going on?" Amanda asked, but he ignored her, trying out his best to move the car.

Amanda carefully observed him as he looked suspicious. And then, she realized the guy wasn't whom he claimed he was.

She then thought of the best way to recover the car from him.

"Don't worry, I can drive it." She said, as the guy gave her a quick look.

"Yes, it's manual, I can drive it to the place he asked you to bring it. Just come down, give me the key and then enter from the other side." She requested, appearing so warm.

And the unsuspecting guy quickly handed the key over to her, coming down from the car.

And Amanda rushed inside and pressed the center lock. Before the guy could reach the passenger side, Amanda zoomed off. And he got the shock of his life.

Right on the hospital bed, Ifunanya was siting on a chair close to Victor, praying for his total recovery.

And then, Victor who had been under heavy sedative drugs woke up, and saw Ifunanya sitting beside him.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, gnashing in pains, as he struggled to adjust his lying position.

"You are awake? Thank God. I was so worried about you. I don't know what I would have done if those guys had succeeded"

And remembering the torture, the shame he passed through, tears flowed freely down to his ears.

"It was all because of your lies. But why those lies?" He asked in a shaking voice

"I am sorry. I allowed my jealousy get the best of me. Don't worry, I will call Amanda now and explain everything to her" she said, shedding tears, bringing out her phone.

"Forget it." Victor said

"She needs to hear the truth. I made her see you as a very rude and mean person. Let me call her now and rectify everything" Ifunanya said, appearing deeply remorseful

"And I said, you should forget it" Victor said in a heavy tone.

TBC

Warning: All Rights, Reserved.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Steps Of Love - A Story By Ngozi Lovelyn by aprilwise(m): 2:29pm On Jun 30, 2021
Poor victor get well soon and have the heart to forgive. Thanks for the update
Re: Steps Of Love - A Story By Ngozi Lovelyn by Missmossy(f): 5:21pm On Jun 30, 2021
Interesting piece, more updates biko.
Re: Steps Of Love - A Story By Ngozi Lovelyn by NgoziLovelyn(f): 6:06pm On Jun 30, 2021
Ok dear
Missmossy:
Interesting piece, more updates biko.
Re: Steps Of Love - A Story By Ngozi Lovelyn by NgoziLovelyn(f): 6:06pm On Jun 30, 2021
Thanks much dear

aprilwise:
Poor victor get well soon and have the heart to forgive. Thanks for the update
Re: Steps Of Love - A Story By Ngozi Lovelyn by Ann2012(f): 10:02pm On Jun 30, 2021
Thank God they didn’t burn Victor and the keke man…..

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Steps Of Love - A Story By Ngozi Lovelyn by NgoziLovelyn(f): 10:17pm On Jun 30, 2021
You are welcome dear
Ann2012:
Thank God they didn’t burn Victor and the keke man…..

Thanks for the update

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 10 Nairaland Stories Of The Week / ALICIA {18+} / Sunday African Poetry Special: “I Will Prounounce Your Name Naett” By Leopold S.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.