Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Why Do Multinational Firms And Banks Prefer Foreign Degrees - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do Multinational Firms And Banks Prefer Foreign Degrees (1008 Views)

A Nigerian With Three First Class degrees / Five Degrees That Employers Don't Want / Useless, cringe-worthy Degrees? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Multinational Firms And Banks Prefer Foreign Degrees by oliky(m): 3:56pm On Jul 15, 2007
hi all,i have always wondered what some of these big firms out here in nija think about our educational system.Can you imagine that most of our banks and oil firms all troop to the UK and US in search of nija graduates to recruit when they have a handful from our local universities.Well,i think it will pay all of us if we all get a foreign degree cos i have made up my mind to ensure that my masters must have nothing to do with nija.It must be a UK degree no matter what the cost may be.I and my brother started out on getting loans and scholarships for our masters programme in the Uk.He just got a loan to study his master in robert gordon,scotland and its to be paid after his education within 15years,and mine will be coming pretty soon.You could do the same using the internet to search for companies that can sponsor you,try out any of the following sites to get such companies
rapidstudentloans.com
unconditionalloans.com
travelsmadeeasy.net
travelvisafreetoday.com
Re: Why Do Multinational Firms And Banks Prefer Foreign Degrees by samir101ng(m): 2:59pm On Jul 16, 2007
I think you are right bro. I have just finished my B.sc from ABU Zaria and by the grace of Almighty God i shall do my Masters in Yankee. No shaking. In order to differentiate yourself ferom the rest of the thousands of Graduates out there you must have an advantage. I am thinking of going to Canada for my M.sc and after some years of working, i will then do my MBA from the prestigious Harvard Business School. Its sad but that is the reality.
Re: Why Do Multinational Firms And Banks Prefer Foreign Degrees by oliky(m): 4:25pm On Jul 16, 2007
You are on the right track in your thinking my fellow bro.,thats the advantage we need to secure a better future for ourselves.When you come back here,you'll neva be priced for peanuts.It may look all too expensive for now,but i bet you its the best thing for young graduates to seek a western educational credential.It will definitely make a whole lot of difference in the years ahead.If cant get the finances,try out getting loans or sponsorship,its possible,cos the end will definitely be overworth the stress.You could get links to financial help for your education thru

rapidstudentloans.com
unconditionalloans.com
travelsmadeeasy.net
travelvisafreetoday.com
Re: Why Do Multinational Firms And Banks Prefer Foreign Degrees by Ezinwannem: 5:16pm On Jul 16, 2007
That is very true. I wish you guys all the best. i know what you guys mean becauseĀ  last xmas I visited Naija, alot of compaines had interest in me because am skooling abroad precisely Canada (done now though but going 4 another degree), in 5 years time, i shall move back 2 Nigeria 2 work and live
Re: Why Do Multinational Firms And Banks Prefer Foreign Degrees by DisGuy: 5:22pm On Jul 16, 2007
Ezinwannem:

That is very true. I wish you guys all the best. i know what you guys mean because last xmas I visited Naija, alot of compaines had interest in me because am skooling abroad precisely Canada (done now though but going 4 another degree), in 5 years time, i shall move back 2 Nigeria 2 work and live

hey what happened, you said(last year) you were leaving canada for nigeria immediately after your degree, now you've extended it to Five years chei!! cry
Re: Why Do Multinational Firms And Banks Prefer Foreign Degrees by deezzle(m): 5:27pm On Jul 16, 2007
because they know our way, we only learn to pass not to know.
GI-GO!!!!
Re: Why Do Multinational Firms And Banks Prefer Foreign Degrees by Ezinwannem: 6:21pm On Jul 16, 2007
:p
Re: Why Do Multinational Firms And Banks Prefer Foreign Degrees by DisGuy: 9:29pm On Jul 16, 2007
hmm i see, you were so eager to leave for nnewi* grin make sure you get the $$$$ and experience ofcourse wink
Re: Why Do Multinational Firms And Banks Prefer Foreign Degrees by Ezinwannem: 11:14pm On Jul 16, 2007
hahahaa, 4nny, i aint gonna leave at nnewi oooo, xmas stays dere is enough 4 me tongue

(1) (Reply)

Impacts Of The Nigerian Capital Market Crisis On The Economy / Where Can I Do My Industrial Training? / Nigeria Defence Academy 2010. 62rc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.