Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,074 members, 7,957,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:26 AM

Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) (32913 Views)

Police Water Truck Rams Into Police Van, Kills Officer In Katsina (Video) / Anibaba: A Former Councillor In Lagos Pushing Truck (Video) / Army Bans Sale Of Petroleum Products In Jerry Cans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by harjay1986: 6:22pm On Jun 25, 2021
obembet:
Ogun state fire service department was seen using Jerry cans to refill their water truck as there was fire outbreak from a gas explosion on a bridge.

Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwcB4MVVYSY

I work in a safety company we have like 6 fire fighting vehicle including COBRA that only have 5 in worldwide production... back to the topic sir, that could only be a foam agent mabe the truck was not equiped with foam tank so the need to do manual filling while fighting hydro carbon fire

4 Likes

Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by harjay1986: 6:23pm On Jun 25, 2021
olufolarin2222:
If 25litres of water will fill a keg, calculate how many keg, that will fill a fire tank?

it not water that is foam agent for fighting hydro carbon fire

1 Like

Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by Chosenseed1997: 6:25pm On Jun 25, 2021
Its highly unfortunate that one of the state that is blessed with so much possibilities in terms of industrial insfracture is lacking basic equipment such as fire fighting gadgets
Its really disheartening
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by harjay1986: 6:27pm On Jun 25, 2021
doctore212:
I think it should be a chemical that can help in fire fighting.

Think of it how many gallons will fill that tank.

many people only dey ves their anger on this mainly because they dont know what it cost to fight hydro carbon fire

that is not water ... that is foam agent it very effective in starving all the three element of fire

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by harjay1986: 6:27pm On Jun 25, 2021
Chosenseed1997:
Its highly unfortunate that one of the state that is blessed with so much possibilities in terms of industrial insfracture is lacking basic equipment such as fire fighting gadgets
Its really disheartening

I work in a safety company we have like 6 fire fighting vehicle including COBRA that only have 5 in worldwide production... back to the topic sir, that could only be a foam agent mabe the truck was not equiped with foam tank so the need to do manual filling while fighting hydro carbon fire

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by ganiyu26(m): 6:28pm On Jun 25, 2021
Its not water, it most likely foam agent to be missed with the water for easy positive reaction to the fire. Please don’t let us see everything as bad in this country

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by NGArmyTerrorist: 6:32pm On Jun 25, 2021
socialmediaman:
Think about this! If you observe Nigeria since independence, you’ll notice the country has been dilapidating slowly, gradually. The country has not been getting better, it’s been getting worse, while the population continues to rise. Oil revenue is dwindling, it will dwindle further. Corruption has been on the increase, it will get worse, not better, because it’s entrenched in our civil and public service culture now.

Insecurity is not going away anytime soon because there’s high unemployment, corruption, political thuggery, religious and politically motivated violence, communal clashes, and violent college cultism. To cap it all, there’s gun smuggling around the country allegedly in collusion with rogue members of the police and military. All these I mentioned on this paragraph have been on the rise from the 60s to this day, none has become better

If you’re hoping that someday Nigeria will be better, on what basis is that hope hinged upon? Even if we all decide to do the right thing (which will most likely NEVER HAPPEN), it will take decades of consistency (at least 15 to 20 years) to build the infrastructure, rebuild the institutions, acquire the level of education and technocrats needed to plan, execute, manage, maintain, and advance the system… and where will the money come from?

Why am I telling you this? So you can get real with your hopes and expectations, and know exactly what future you’re leaving for your kids. It’s my job to inform you what lies ahead, but it’s your job what you do with the information.
You actually said it all. I like those that always say the Truth at all cost. Thanks and God bless you.
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by CryptoRepublic1: 6:32pm On Jun 25, 2021
Nigeria as a nation is a one big British experiment and a joke,so is everything in it.
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by Limassol(m): 6:33pm On Jun 25, 2021
Beancounter93:
Ogun tax to gdp ratio is below 3%

New York tax to.gdp ratio is above 30%

There is a reason why one has modern firefighting equipment and one has ancient equipment.

But tell Nigerians we need to pay taxes

1. We are.poor

2. The politicans will loot the money ( and when you tell them it is their job to.see the politicans don't loot their money they then blame the Hausas).

No problem. Auntie Christine and Auntie Liu will give us another loan if we ask nicely
And who told you Nigerians dont pay tax? You seem to have no clue. Federal civil servants pay income tax, companies are also taxed, and every single Nigerian pays V.A.T. Morever, FIRS generate trillions of naira annually for the goverment, but do Nigerians get in return? Your answer is as good as mine.
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by NgwalandGunzmen(m): 6:33pm On Jun 25, 2021
I thought this state is richer than New York, New Jersey and California combined.

With this Oduduwa nation will be a joke..Ogun missing IGR comes to mind. grin grin grin
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by Nkpitime(m): 6:33pm On Jun 25, 2021
That's a chemical that support fire extiguishing
Poured into the water tank
If what the poster is saying is true, why is it only one keg
I was hoping to see a torrential flow of the leg in the video

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by Shikena(m): 6:33pm On Jun 25, 2021
No mind my people. Most of us na educated illiterates suffering from too much gra gra and no time to verify anything before we start our usual chochochochocho grin .

harjay1986:

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by muykem: 6:34pm On Jun 25, 2021
That's not water.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by Reference(m): 6:35pm On Jun 25, 2021
Abba114:
its a chemical they are adding to the water so that it can quench the fire very fast stop downgrading our country in every aspect learn how to appreciate not always looking for the fault

Stop that nonsense. Don't think we are all ignoramuses. All fire retardants are chemical or bio-chemical agents and the standard colour for such containment vessels is blue because they are likely poisonous. Materials stored in yellow containers are classified as combustible or flammable. So will it not be daft to pour flammable material into your fire truck to fight fire eh?

And by the way chemical fire retardant agents on fire trucks have a separate tank towards the base like that of an automobile and dozing into the main reservoir is done by pumps in a controlled manner depending on the severity of the fire.

What you see are vegetable oil cans....And no one I know fight fire with oil.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by seyz91(m): 6:36pm On Jun 25, 2021
Confirm!
socialmediaman:
Think about this! If you observe Nigeria since independence, you’ll notice the country has been dilapidating slowly, gradually. The country has not been getting better, it’s been getting worse, while the population continues to rise. Oil revenue is dwindling, it will dwindle further. Corruption has been on the increase, it will get worse, not better, because it’s entrenched in our civil and public service culture now.

Insecurity is not going away anytime soon because there’s high unemployment, corruption, political thuggery, religious and politically motivated violence, communal clashes, and violent college cultism. To cap it all, there’s gun smuggling around the country allegedly in collusion with rogue members of the police and military. All these I mentioned on this paragraph have been on the rise from the 60s to this day, none has become better

If you’re hoping that someday Nigeria will be better, on what basis is that hope hinged upon? Even if we all decide to do the right thing (which will most likely NEVER HAPPEN), it will take decades of consistency (at least 15 to 20 years) to build the infrastructure, rebuild the institutions, acquire the level of education and technocrats needed to plan, execute, manage, maintain, and advance the system… and where will the money come from?

Why am I telling you this? So you can get real with your hopes and expectations, and know exactly what future you’re leaving for your kids. It’s my job to inform you what lies ahead, but it’s your job what you do with the information.
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by Limassol(m): 6:39pm On Jun 25, 2021
post=103087153:
There is a big truck of gas waiting to explode and one boy still has the mind to stay close and nearby and recording on his phone telling people about the truck about to explode while some people are searching for water!!

Just one gbooosssaaa and that will be the end of his Techno phone.
Wisdom matters in life sha.

About the truck, how many Jerry cans will filled up that truck (a brand new fire truck tho, we can't take that away!)
But what is a brand new fire truck gonna do without water in it?
There was a country!

Amen and a very big Amen.
May God continue to keep us all safe and sound.

We Rise
I am glad the apparently biggest buhari disciple has acknowledge how much of a mess the country is at the moment, way to go man.
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by rlgiwa(m): 6:51pm On Jun 25, 2021
The video is misleading, that was concerntrated form been poured into the appliance, please stop misguiding the public.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 25, 2021
Limassol:
And who told you Nigerians dont pay tax? You seem to have no clue. Federal civil servants pay income tax, companies are also taxed, and every single Nigerian pays V.A.T. Morever, FIRS generate trillions of naira annually for the goverment, but do Nigerians get in return? Your answer is as good as mine.

1.Nigeria's tax to gdp ratio is 6.1%

2.30% of taxable Nigerians are actually taxed...that's where all those taxes come from

3.Our budget is 10 trillion. For a nation our size, we need far more than that.

4.I am aware you pay tax, So do i...but most of us who are in the informal sector don't pay taxes.
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by mrkings84(m): 6:54pm On Jun 25, 2021
Ogun kill all of Dem there
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by Limassol(m): 6:54pm On Jun 25, 2021
SimplyFacts:

For as long as Naija does not get better, we would continue to suffer either at home or abroad. Even if we manage to get citizenship in white lands, racism would continue to be a thorn in our flesh. The best we can do is to keep praying & hoping things get better. And before Naija packs up, higher % of African countries must have packed up. There are worse nations out there whose citizens still pray they have a country as Nigeria.

If you think you are poor, don't forget some people are poorer.
some of the most religious countries like England, italy and Germany didnt rely solely on prayer to magically solve the multitude of problems plaguing them in the 19th and 20th century. I suggest you read on how they overcame that to be who they are today.
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by Rushna27(f): 6:55pm On Jun 25, 2021
Gat no choice but to laugh in Spanish
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by adedayoa2(f): 6:56pm On Jun 25, 2021
Any thing they like they should use, water must be inside the truck.
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by Kholar211: 7:02pm On Jun 25, 2021
Shabaleen:
naija fire service is a total joke!
you guys should stop being ignorance of what you know nothing about. They are not using Jerry can to fill the fire engine but pouring foam compound to fight the highly inflammable tanker in order to create bubbles to take out the oxygen/air aiming the fire
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by Baawaa(m): 7:02pm On Jun 25, 2021
Tinubu see your boy,Dapo Abiodun is a disgrace to Ogun State
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by mamaafrik(m): 7:03pm On Jun 25, 2021
That must be chemical and not water
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by Olaitan88: 7:12pm On Jun 25, 2021
obembet:
Ogun state fire service department was seen using Jerry cans to refill their water truck as there was fire outbreak from a gas explosion on a bridge.

Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwcB4MVVYSY
That is Chemical they are pouring in the water tank, it will help in containing the fire quickly. kindly desist from fake news

1 Like

Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by Omasanjunior(m): 7:26pm On Jun 25, 2021
Sometimes I pray that these headlines do not cross our boarders. Or else we would be the joke of the century. Naija where everything is managed and nothing works in the right direction. Lawd save us from this shameless country
Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by Limassol(m): 7:26pm On Jun 25, 2021
SimplyFacts:

For as long as Naija does not get better, we would continue to suffer either at home or abroad. Even if we manage to get citizenship in white lands, racism would continue to be a thorn in our flesh. The best we can do is to keep praying & hoping things get better. And before Naija packs up, higher % of African countries must have packed up. There are worse nations out there whose citizens still pray they have a country as Nigeria.

Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by socialmediaman: 7:41pm On Jun 25, 2021
SimplyFacts:

Do you pray and hope more than Somalians or Syrians, and are you more dedicated to your religion more than people in Borno and Yobe? Your country is what you build out of it, not what you hope it will become someday without putting the structures in place. What structure is Nigeria currently putting in place for a better tomorrow? In fact, in 10 to 15 years time you'll see the effects of our poor education system first hand, because that's when graduates from the system become the public servants, politicians and leaders of the society.

The population will continue to grow, and resources to cater for the population will continue to dwindle. Nigeria will not pack up, no country does, it will only be a place where one is either rich by virtue of your connection with the corrupt system and elites who fight over the meagre resources, or very poor by virtue of their poor education, poor paying jobs and inability to afford expensive housing, education and services. The society will be insecure to foreigners and Nigerians living abroad, and the cycle goes on and on.

There is racism abroad but it doesn't take away your 24/7 access to electricity, drinking water, access to good education, good paying jobs and facilities that only the rich can afford in Nigeria. Your struggles are different in advanced societies. In those places, you worry about work and other things, not about basic things like electricity, water, road safety of daily commute and even education for your kids.

Every society has its problems and racism is something the society continues to work on though it may not go away. But what is Nigeria working on, in comparison? By the way, what's the difference between tribalism and nepotism within your country vs racism outside your country?

1 Like

Re: Ogun Fire Service Uses Jerry Cans To Refill Water Truck (Video) by planetx: 7:44pm On Jun 25, 2021
doctore212:
I think it should be a chemical that can help in fire fighting.

Think of it how many gallons will fill that tank.
I thought as much also.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi, Aregbesola Attend APC South West Leaders Parley / Saraki Shouldn't Invite Trouble For Himself Because Of Greed - Tony Momoh / APC To Fayose: Joining Our Party Won’t Shield You From Prosecution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.