Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,674 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

How I Lost 200K On Monday At Banex Plaza, Abuja - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How I Lost 200K On Monday At Banex Plaza, Abuja (963 Views)

The World To Experience "BLOOD MOON" On Monday, May 16th, 202w / Nigeria Will Experience A Lunar Eclipse On Monday, January 21, 2019 - NASRDA / Venus Jupiter Conjunction 2017: The Planets Will Rise As One On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Lost 200K On Monday At Banex Plaza, Abuja by benzics(m): 4:35pm On Jun 24, 2021
I'm sorry if this is going to be a bit lengthy.

Monday started out well, it was two days to my birthday, I was hyped, and also wanted to upgrade my device.

I've been following @dabz_global and @phoneworldnigeria on Instagram, and they do post some great deals, so this Monday, I made up my mind to go to Banex plaza and purchase an iPhone from either of these two stores.

I arrived new Banex, on entering the gate, two guys approached me, asking me what I wanted to buy, I simply said "nothing", that I was there to see a friend, but they kept following me o, I ignored them and walked straight to @phoneworldnigeria's store.

The guys were still behind me, till I told them straight up to leave me that I wasn't interested in anything they're selling. That was how they left, so I got welcomed warmly by @phoneworldnigeria's staffs, they asked me what I wanted, and I asked if they had any iPhone xs max deal or an iPhone xr.

The xs max they had was premium used for 220k which was above my budget, and the xr they had, had no face id.

So I had to leave and check @dabz_global's store, so I called them, and they directed me to their new store, on my way there, this elderly man (probably above 40), stopped me and was trying to make me check out his so called shop, I tried my best to ignore him, but he was persistent, speaking to me in a calm and convincing manner.

He asked that I should at least try and check his products and compare his prices. Well I said to myself there was no harm in trying. So he led me to his "shop", he said his elder brother was the owner of this shop, bla bla bla. (He talked a lot).

He brought the phones and after almost 1hr of going through the different options, I wasn't interested in any of them, I told him this, and left to @dabz_global's store, I saw the iPhone xr I was looking for, very neat, and was even about paying.

This man entered the store with another guy with dreads and tapped me, that he has seen the iPhone xs max I was looking for, I was reluctant, and told him I wasn't interested abeg, that he should leave me, but he was still at it, persuading me to come check the device out first. After a while, I agreed, we left Dabz's store, and went to another store in banex.

I saw the xs max, very neat, 256gb, NFID. But the store owner said he was selling it 210k last. So this man said I shouldn't worry,let him talk to the store owner, after they had their talk, they came back and the store owner agreed to sell it for 200k.

I was happy and pleased, I brought out my phone and made a 200k transfer to the store's account, they gave me my receipt and everything. At this point I really wished I just packed my stuff and left for home sad

So this man was still with me, we tested out pouches and I picked a pouch, and I asked if I could get an original apple earphones, the man said yes, he went out and came back and asked I gave him my phone, the xs max so he'll quickly test one earphone he found, and my guard was already lowered, I was already free with this man, that I gave him phone, 5 minutes passed and he wasn't back yet.

IT WAS AT THIS POINT I REALISED WHAT JUST HAPPENED.

I quickly went out to look for him but he was nowhere to be found, at this point I was physically shaking, I was panicking, and I went to the store he claimed was his brother's.

They said they don't know him, that he only comes once in a while to hustle at banex. I quickly ran to the store I bought the phone and told them what was happening.

They told me to calm down, that that kind of stuff doesn't happen in banex, that I will see my phone, I should relax. But at the same time they all claimed not to know even his name, let alone have his phone number, it sounded preposterous.

All they claimed to know was his face, but no one had his contact or even know where he lived, and they even said today(that Monday) was the first time they saw him in a while.

They gave me assurance that I would find my phone(I haven't even logged any of my data on this device), that I shouldn't worry, that anytime they saw the guy, they would hold him, they even collected my contact.

But I knew all was for naught, and I left banex that Monday by 7pm with just the IMEI(receipt) of my device, and 200k less in my account cry

I was stupid and all I have now is regrets and "had I knowns" cry cry

Re: How I Lost 200K On Monday At Banex Plaza, Abuja by ford101: 4:45pm On Jun 24, 2021
grin
Re: How I Lost 200K On Monday At Banex Plaza, Abuja by advanceDNA: 4:48pm On Jun 24, 2021
They don’t know the guy.. but allow him enter their shop regularly....

guy...Nigerian police can make you say u killed abiola when u didn’t...

Get one police or soldier there... they will know his name and contact sharpaly....they are all in on it joor..

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost 200K On Monday At Banex Plaza, Abuja by Promotions: 4:50pm On Jun 24, 2021
Damm bro I feel your pain, that was very risky leaving your phone with a total stranger, have you tried asking the store owner if they have a CCTV cos most stores have it or better still walk into the store observe if they have a CCTV installed, if they do kindly go to police station to report the case...when police arrive that store is either they provide the recordings for that day, it might even shock you that the store owner might be their gang member cos almost everyone at banex is very dubious

1 Like

Re: How I Lost 200K On Monday At Banex Plaza, Abuja by aycapri(m): 4:53pm On Jun 24, 2021
benzics:
I'm sorry if this is going to be a bit lengthy.

Monday started out well, it was two days to my birthday, I was hyped, and also wanted to upgrade my device.

I've been following @dabz_global and @phoneworldnigeria on Instagram, and they do post some great deals, so this Monday, I made up my mind to go to Banex plaza and purchase an iPhone from either of these two stores.

I arrived new Banex, on entering the gate, two guys approached me, asking me what I wanted to buy, I simply said "nothing", that I was there to see a friend, but they kept following me o, I ignored them and walked straight to @phoneworldnigeria's store.

The guys were still behind me, till I told them straight up to leave me that I wasn't interested in anything they're selling. That was how they left, so I got welcomed warmly by @phoneworldnigeria's staffs, they asked me what I wanted, and I asked if they had any iPhone xs max deal or an iPhone xr.

The xs max they had was premium used for 220k which was above my budget, and the xr they had, had no face id.

So I had to leave and check @dabz_global's store, so I called them, and they directed me to their new store, on my way there, this elderly man (probably above 40), stopped me and was trying to make me check out his so called shop, I tried my best to ignore him, but he was persistent, speaking to me in a calm and convincing manner.

He asked that I should at least try and check his products and compare his prices. Well I said to myself there was no harm in trying. So he led me to his "shop", he said his elder brother was the owner of this shop, bla bla bla. (He talked a lot).

He brought the phones and after almost 1hr of going through the different options, I wasn't interested in any of them, I told him this, and left to @dabz_global's store, I saw the iPhone xr I was looking for, very neat, and was even about paying.

This man entered the store with another guy with dreads and tapped me, that he has seen the iPhone xs max I was looking for, I was reluctant, and told him I wasn't interested abeg, that he should leave me, but he was still at it, persuading me to come check the device out first. After a while, I agreed, we left Dabz's store, and went to another store in banex.

I saw the xs max, very neat, 256gb, NFID. But the store owner said he was selling it 210k last. So this man said I shouldn't worry,let him talk to the store owner, after they had their talk, they came back and the store owner agreed to sell it for 200k.

I was happy and pleased, I brought out my phone and made a 200k transfer to the store's account, they gave me my receipt and everything. At this point I really wished I just packed my stuff and left for home sad

So this man was still with me, we tested out pouches and I picked a pouch, and I asked if I could get an original apple earphones, the man said yes, he went out and came back and asked I gave him my phone, the xs max so he'll quickly test one earphone he found, and my guard was already lowered, I was already free with this man, that I gave him phone, 5 minutes passed and he wasn't back yet.

IT WAS AT THIS POINT I REALISED WHAT JUST HAPPENED.

I quickly went out to look for him but he was nowhere to be found, at this point I was physically shaking, I was panicking, and I went to the store he claimed was his brother's.

They said they don't know him, that he only comes once in a while to hustle at banex. I quickly ran to the store I bought the phone and told them what was happening.

They told me to calm down, that that kind of stuff doesn't happen in banex, that I will see my phone, I should relax. But at the same time they all claimed not to know even his name, let alone have his phone number, it sounded preposterous.

All they claimed to know was his face, but no one had his contact or even know where he lived, and they even said today(that Monday) was the first time they saw him in a while.

They gave me assurance that I would find my phone(I haven't even logged any of my data on this device), that I shouldn't worry, that anytime they saw the guy, they would hold him, they even collected my contact.

But I knew all was for naught, and I left banex that Monday by 7pm with just the IMEI(receipt) of my device, and 200k less in my account cry

I was stupid and all I have now is regrets and "had I knowns" cry cry
send a mail or call your bank, request for a recall of fund. Do a written instruction and get a court affidavit. That shop owner would produce the guy if his account is reading minus -200,000. That sucks tho
Re: How I Lost 200K On Monday At Banex Plaza, Abuja by Promotions: 5:00pm On Jun 24, 2021
aycapri:
send a mail or call your bank, request for a recall of fund. Do a written instruction and get a court affidavit. That shop owner would produce the guy if his account is reading minus -200,000. That sucks tho
the store owner might win the case cos he issued him a receipt which he signed, right now what he needs is the recordings from the store the guy met him or the recordings from the main store he bought it from. At least that's a start
Re: How I Lost 200K On Monday At Banex Plaza, Abuja by benzics(m): 5:01pm On Jun 24, 2021
advanceDNA:

Get one police or soldier there... they will know his name and contact sharpaly....they are all in on it joor..

Thanks alot man, I think I'll do this
Re: How I Lost 200K On Monday At Banex Plaza, Abuja by benzics(m): 5:02pm On Jun 24, 2021
Promotions:
Damm bro I feel your pain, that was very risky leaving your phone with a total stranger, have you tried asking the store owner if they have a CCTV cos most stores have it or better still walk into the store observe if they have a CCTV installed, if they do kindly go to police station to report the case...when police arrive that store is either they provide the recordings for that day, it might even shock you that the store owner might be their gang member cos almost everyone at banex is very dubious
Yeah the man was captured on CCTV
Re: How I Lost 200K On Monday At Banex Plaza, Abuja by Iceyjayz: 5:17pm On Jun 24, 2021
advanceDNA:

Op follow this guy's advise and they will provide the guy, believe me.
Re: How I Lost 200K On Monday At Banex Plaza, Abuja by gentlestdude(m): 5:42pm On Jun 24, 2021
brother wey no wise, if your type enter Ikeja they go thief your kidney and liver you no go still know

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Implementing Oracle Database / Need "my Tv" Unlocking Code / Samsung Galaxy S5 To Debut In January

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.