Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,727 members, 7,816,990 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Car Gurus Pls Help! Battery Light Not Coming Up And Car Won't Start! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Gurus Pls Help! Battery Light Not Coming Up And Car Won't Start! (844 Views)

My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion / Honda City Goes Off At Slow Speed And Battery Light Comes On / 10 Common Reasons Why Your Car Won't Start & How To Fix It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Gurus Pls Help! Battery Light Not Coming Up And Car Won't Start! by demola2100: 11:29pm On Jun 24, 2021
After the close of work this evening, I tried starting my car but it won't start but I noticed that the battery light didn't come up immediately I turned the ignition instead, only the oil light stay on whereas, both the light should have come up...

I tried calling a rewirer to check it up, he spent close to two hours and yet car won't start, no blown out fuse, everything intact!
Pls help! I use an Honda civic 2005 model!

Thanks in anticipation!
Re: Car Gurus Pls Help! Battery Light Not Coming Up And Car Won't Start! by bettynifemi(m): 1:03am On Jun 25, 2021
Check ur battery coz it happens to my car few days so I brought another battery b4 I knew something was running the ba3 down

1 Like

Re: Car Gurus Pls Help! Battery Light Not Coming Up And Car Won't Start! by HEAVEN4444: 8:44am On Jun 25, 2021
demola2100:
After the close of work this evening, I tried starting my car but it won't start but I noticed that the battery light didn't come up immediately I turned the ignition instead, only the oil light stay on whereas, both the light should have come up...

I tried calling a rewirer to check it up, he spent close to two hours and yet car won't start, no blown out fuse, everything intact!
Pls help! I use an Honda civic 2005 model!

Thanks in anticipation!
check the alternator or the battery or the ignition switch or even the starter. your problem is between those 4 . so its cranking and wont start or its not cranking at all ?

1 Like

Re: Car Gurus Pls Help! Battery Light Not Coming Up And Car Won't Start! by demola2100: 10:27pm On Jun 29, 2021
Thank you all, it's a very simple fault but technical, the fault was later detected around the brain box, some cables got melted...

2 Likes

Re: Car Gurus Pls Help! Battery Light Not Coming Up And Car Won't Start! by Okoyedavid3(f): 8:34pm On Jul 01, 2021
demola2100:
Thank you all, it's a very simple fault but technical, the fault was later detected around the brain box, some cables got melted...

Nice detection of the fault am sure it has been resolved... But any ideas on how the cables got melted.

1 Like

Re: Car Gurus Pls Help! Battery Light Not Coming Up And Car Won't Start! by demola2100: 9:46pm On Jul 01, 2021
Okoyedavid3:

Nice detection of the fault am sure it has been resolved... But any ideas on how the cables got melted.

It was one quack rewirer that tried to fix a relay and while doing so made some wrong connections and while driving started perceiving some smell from the dashboard. I had to park the car and the fault was rectify little did I know that the smell I perceived about a month ago was what resulted to the fault I complained about the battery light not displaying.

(1) (Reply)

How To Avoid Police, V.I.O FRSC Embarrassments / I Need An Experienced Audi Mechanic In Ijesha / Tell Us A Classic Car You Would Love To Have A Ride In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.