Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Car Gurus Pls Help! Battery Light Not Coming Up And Car Won't Start! - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Car Gurus Pls Help! Battery Light Not Coming Up And Car Won't Start! (223 Views)

Get Your Car Upgrade Parts And Car Luxury Accessory Parts At Good Rates. / I Have A Budget Of 800k To 900k, Car Gurus Which Vehicle Do You Advise I Buy? / Drop Your Budget And Car Of Choice And Get Feedback Within Minutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Gurus Pls Help! Battery Light Not Coming Up And Car Won't Start! by demola2100: 11:42pm On Jun 24, 2021
After the close of work this evening, I tried starting my car but it won't start but I noticed that the battery light didn't come up immediately I turned the ignition instead, only the oil light stay on whereas, both the light should have come up...

I tried calling a rewirer to check it up, he spent close to two hours and yet car won't start, no blown out fuse, everything intact!
Pls help! I use an Honda civic 2005 model!

Thanks in anticipation!
Re: Car Gurus Pls Help! Battery Light Not Coming Up And Car Won't Start! by Kraytur: 11:52pm On Jun 24, 2021
Probably alternator diode is blown check the alternator

Battery dead??

Jumpstart with another battery if it comes on

Try take off the negative terminal if the car goes off when you take off terminal alternator don blow change it

If engine don’t turn off when you take off terminal then it’s battery that’s dead change it

3 Likes

Re: Car Gurus Pls Help! Battery Light Not Coming Up And Car Won't Start! by emmyN(m): 12:23am On Jun 25, 2021
Disconnect the warning light wire at the back of the alternator and connect it to earth (the engine block or an unpainted part of car body). If the light illuminates on dashboard, then you alternator problem. Also check that the terminals of the warning light wire are clean and not corroded.

2 Likes

Re: Car Gurus Pls Help! Battery Light Not Coming Up And Car Won't Start! by nuclearboy(m): 6:12am On Jun 25, 2021
wires from battery are corroded and one is broken....

2 Likes

Re: Car Gurus Pls Help! Battery Light Not Coming Up And Car Won't Start! by demola2100: 10:28pm On Jun 29, 2021
Thank you all, it's a very simple fault but technical, the fault was later detected around the brain box, some cables got melted...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Registered Toyota Camry Sport 2008 ...2.3m ..09053054521 / Quick Deal - Toyota Camry 08 / Registered 2005 Lexus Es330

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.