Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death (39533 Views)

Remembering Michael Jackson On His 64th Birthday / Remembering Michael Jackson On His 63rd Birthday / Remembering Michael Jackson, 10 Years After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Kolena: 7:16am On Jun 25, 2021
It's such a pity that the world may never know anyone like him again. He was one of a kind. Michael gave out over 500 million dollars to charity, won 8 Grammy awards in one night, still remains the most decorated artiste of all time, wrote "We Are The World" alongside Lionel Richie, which earned $63 million for famine relief in Africa and the United States, etc. He undoubtedly remains the greatest entertainer of all time. On 25th June, 2009, Michael died of acute propofol and benzodiazepine intoxication at his home. He was 50 years old. Keep on resting King of Pop.

Michael Joseph Jackson (August 29, 1958 – June 25, 2009) was an American singer, songwriter, and dancer. Dubbed the "King of Pop", he is regarded as one of the most significant cultural figures of the 20th century. Over a four-decade career, his contributions to music, dance, fashion, and philanthropy, along with his publicized personal life, made him a global figure in popular culture. He influenced artists across many genres, and through stage and video performances, popularized complicated dance moves such as the moonwalk, to which he gave the name, and the robot. He is the most awarded music artist in history.

Born: 29 August 1958, Gary, Indiana, United States
Died: 25 June 2009, Holmby Hills, Los Angeles, California, United States
Children: Paris Jackson, Prince Michael Jackson II, Prince Michael Jackson
Spouse: Debbie Rowe (m. 1996–1999), Lisa Marie Presley (m. 1994–1996)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jackson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOnqjkJTMaA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3wNuru4U0I

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by caesymore(m): 7:25am On Jun 25, 2021
How much I loved this Legend and still do... I could recall I shed tears when I heard of his demise.
R.I.P Michael Joseph Jackson

150 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Seniorwriter(m): 7:27am On Jun 25, 2021
Wacko Jacko the Pop Music Maestro !!!
Not surprised this made FP(FRONTPAGE)....

my best song in his TRILLER Album is
BEAT IT.

[center]"Beat It"
[b]They told him, "Don't you ever come around here.
Don't wanna see your face. You better disappear."
The fire's in their eyes and their words are really clear
So beat it, just beat it

You better run, you better do what you can
Don't wanna see no blood, don't be a macho man
You wanna be tough, better do what you can
So beat it, but you wanna be bad

[Chorus]
Just beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it
No one wants to be defeated
Showin' how funky strong is your fight
It doesn't matter who's wrong or right

Just beat it, beat it [4x]

They're out to get you, better leave while you can
Don't wanna be a boy, you wanna be a man
You wanna stay alive, better do what you can
So beat it, just beat it

You have to show them that you're really not scared
You're playin' with your life, this ain't no truth or dare
They'll kick you, then they beat you, then they'll tell you it's fair
So beat it, but you wanna be bad

[Chorus 2x]

Just beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it

Beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it

[Chorus 3x]

Just beat it, beat it
Beat it, beat it, beat it[/b][/center]

M J was a delight to watch on screen.

drmikeadams:

What a jam

Devine with so much instructions on how wise to act.

@AngelicDamsel stop showing your Toxic ignorance....that was a nick name that the press thwarted for misinformation which some ignoramus like you using your own narrative swallowed hook line and sinker.
Be guided...ive attached the meaning to his Nickname

@Seniorwriter

105 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by marveangel(m): 7:32am On Jun 25, 2021
wow how time flies. rest on KOP

13 Likes

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Rilley(m): 7:43am On Jun 25, 2021
I remember the day he died, that day it rained heavily, when I heared the sad news I couldn't believe it, I was just so sad because he was my favourite musician, may his soul continue to rest in peace.

123 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Onyi22(f): 8:50am On Jun 25, 2021
Continue to rest in Peace Mikel

13 Likes

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Cholls(m): 10:54am On Jun 25, 2021
Onyi22:
Continue to rest in Peace Mikel

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Bvlgari: 3:17pm On Jun 25, 2021
miss u Michael...keep resting on King of Pop

He heee

41 Likes

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by tobtap: 3:17pm On Jun 25, 2021
the greatest to ever do it... rip king of pop cool cool

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by richmond500: 3:17pm On Jun 25, 2021
And to this day, I don't think there is anyone more popular than MJ, maybe except Christiano Ronaldo

110 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by 96ACE: 3:17pm On Jun 25, 2021
O God of Alert locate me oo

Back to the topic: MJ e ba mi ki 2pac oo

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by seanwilliam(m): 3:17pm On Jun 25, 2021
Michael help me greet my friend

1 Like

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by wunmi590(m): 3:17pm On Jun 25, 2021
cool

You are a legend and you will continue to be a legend Miko.....

But truth be told, you killed yourself just because you want to belong....

Beyonce, jay z, west and co are black and they are great musicians today and have also written their name in gold in the history of music....

RIP

5 Likes

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by maziuwa(m): 3:18pm On Jun 25, 2021
Which club did he played ball
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by MarveworldG: 3:18pm On Jun 25, 2021
12 years already?

Let's handle your home, hotel, office interiors if you are in Lagos and Rivers state

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Codedrock(m): 3:18pm On Jun 25, 2021
Greatest Entertainer To Ever Walk The Earth
And One Of The Greatest And Most Influential People Of All Time

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by GeneralPula: 3:18pm On Jun 25, 2021
That’s the most gifted music artist ever liveth..

Micheal Jackson would still be very much alive if he was a white man. That, such a unique music artist with world wide fan base is a black man gave these evil whites people some sort of everyday disturbance..

I read it somewhere that he’s death wasn’t natural at all which I won’t doubt it..

There’s nothing CIA of America can’t do. There’s nothing they’ve not done..

22 Likes

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by DarkCaesar(m): 3:18pm On Jun 25, 2021
Rest on wacko jacko
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by AngelicDamsel(f): 3:18pm On Jun 25, 2021
Michael Jackson, the singer with no equal.

He gave himself up for his passion.

Many people thought he was not proud of his colour, so he changed to white. They don't know that Michael was a proud black, but was battling a skin disease at the time called vitiligo. It was made public only after his death.

Everyone has his/her own secret struggles.

Don't judge anyone too quickly, you don't know their secret struggles.

Modified: I see ignoramus calling him wacko Jacko. That was a mockery name given to him by the bad press!
Respect Michael. Don't call him that!

If you love Michael Jackson don't call him "Wacko Jacko"

walyx:

Thanks for the info.
Welcome.

Seniorwriter:

Stop showing your Toxic Ignorance on a public sphere...That nick was given to him based on his great acts and because his surname was JACKSON.
FYI most of his Huge Asian Fans were known to use this nick name on stage his Asian Tour since it was easier to pronounce than his real names.

Felixamos post=103095735:

You're the wrong one here and the guy you quoted was right

SMH @you Felixamos ....you that can't even figure out profile gender is given an opinion.? Just wow.

@Seniorwriter .

Wacko is not a cool name.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Akpuobi1: 3:18pm On Jun 25, 2021
MICHEAL JA grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 25, 2021
MICHELE would have gotten a nearly perfect surgery now.. As technology has advanced..

He died a made man. RIP!

1 Like

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by aribs(m): 3:19pm On Jun 25, 2021
Legend

1 Like

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Jakpon: 3:19pm On Jun 25, 2021
Wow. It's been twelve years already. Time certainly has the fastest wings

8 Likes

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Latidoh1: 3:19pm On Jun 25, 2021
8 Grammy awards in one night.

17 Likes

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by brosom(m): 3:19pm On Jun 25, 2021
In the eye's of many, he was a superb, a hero, the man of the people, a legend and the best ever.

But in the eye's of God, was he any close to the above mentioned? I don't know, neither do u but only God knows.

No matter what we do in life, how many achievement we've won, the most important thing is our relationship with God because at the end that will be the only thing that will count.

M.J is a reminder to other super models out there that earth isn't our final destination.

R.I.P M.J

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Born2conquer: 3:19pm On Jun 25, 2021
Michael jackson will be a legend forever

2 Likes

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Tovard(m): 3:20pm On Jun 25, 2021
I sincerely believed that this man was one is kind for this century! I remember that very morning when it was officially announced that MJ died. I cried like it was my father that die, I couldn't eat nor do anything throughout that day.

Very sad day to me because I have lingered to meet him someday without knowing it was just imagination that would never come to existence.

One of the music artists that served humanity without thinking twice but it very unfortunate that his children are drugs addict today!
With all the fames before and after death, the family cannot account for the wealth.

We will keep remembering your music MJ, the peace and love you showed to Africa with your resources.

Keep rest in peace.... our all time dancer!!!

14 Likes

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by crossfm: 3:20pm On Jun 25, 2021
The king of pop.

Me,myself and I miss you legend grin.

3 Likes

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Oluwaseyi456(m): 3:20pm On Jun 25, 2021
D
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by Mozegee: 3:20pm On Jun 25, 2021
Not only ,I refuse to eat and I shed tears like a baby
caesymore:
How much I loved this Legend and still do... I could recall I shed tears when I heard of his demise.
R.I.P Michael Joseph Jackson

4 Likes

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson 12 Years After His Death by yesloaded: 3:21pm On Jun 25, 2021

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Actress Monalisa Chinda Speaks On Marriage''he Was Beating Me And The Baby / D’banj Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today, With Adorable Photos! / Genevieve Nnaji Marks International Women's Day With Lovely Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.