Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

My Suspension From PDP Unconstitutional, Says Senator Nwaoboshi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Suspension From PDP Unconstitutional, Says Senator Nwaoboshi (164 Views)

My Suspension By Ayu Last Kick Of A Dead Horse — Fayose / APC Welcomes Senator Nwaoboshi Defecting From PDP (Delta State) / Agbazuere: 'Enemies Behind My Suspension, No Cause For Alarm' - Ex Abia CoS Brag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Suspension From PDP Unconstitutional, Says Senator Nwaoboshi by oaktvnigeria: 9:07am On Jun 25, 2021
Senator Peter Nwaoboshi has dismissed his suspension by the Delta State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as laughable and of no consequence.

He also described the suspension as a foretaste of 2023 politics in the state.

The lawmaker, representing Delta North senatorial district, insisted the move was against the tenets of democracy and his right to a fair hearing.

Nwaoboshi made this known in a statement by his Legislative Aide, Philip Elueme, circulated to newsmen in Abuja, yesterday.

Elueme said: “Nwaoboshi’s attention was drawn to the purportedly, satirical and hurriedly, conspiratorial, very laughable caricature of an action by the Delta State Working Committee of the PDP purportedly suspending him from the party, as signed by its publicity secretary on Wednesday, June 23.

“The senator notes, curiously, that this irrational, laughable, illegal and unconstitutional action of this bunch of alarmingly, anti-democratic forces masquerading as the state working committee is against the principles of fair hearing – Audi Alteram Paten – as enshrined in the Nigerian constitution, a document that supersedes all other documents.

Read Also: ICPC arraigns man over forgery of travel documents

“Curiously and very authoritatively, the PDP 2017 constitution, as amended, chapter 10, article 57(7) page 99 states categorically: “Notwithstanding any other provision relating to discipline, no executive committee, at any level, except the national executive committee, shall entertain any question of discipline as may relate or concern a member of the national executive committee, deputy governors or members of the National Assembly provided that nothing in the constitution shall preclude or invalidate any complain submitted…

“By these provisions, the state working committee has demonstrated complete undemocratic and anti-constitutional behaviour which has rendered their uncharitable pronunciation suspending Nwaoboshi, purportedly as null and void and of no consequence whatsoever.

“In the light of the above abysmal development, Nwaoboshi urges his teeming supporters, loyalists and numerous party faithful, in Delta State and beyond to remain calm in the face of this latest, ridiculously irrational charade and unbecoming action by anti-democratic, ‘Gestapo – fascists’ and forces of darkness, masquerading as party officials.”

source: https://newstrack.oak.tv/my-suspension-from-pdp-unconstitutional-says-senator-nwaoboshi/

Re: My Suspension From PDP Unconstitutional, Says Senator Nwaoboshi by NobleSeed(m): 9:33am On Jun 25, 2021
got nothing to offer...

(1) (Reply)

LETS DISCUSS! What Makes You A Proudly Nigerian Citizen? / Yoruba Activist, Sunday Igboho's Ibadan Residence Attacked (VIDEO) / Nnamdi Kanu Has Been Arrested By FG Do You Think This Is A Big Win For Naija?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.