Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,808 members, 7,827,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Baba Ijesa Defended By 19 Lawyers Including A SAN, Gets Bail - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Baba Ijesa Defended By 19 Lawyers Including A SAN, Gets Bail (343 Views)

8-Year-Old Girl Raped By 19-Year-Old Boy In Enugu (Graphic Video) / I Won’t Back Down, Iyabo Ojo Vows As Baba Ijesha Gets Bail (Video) / EFCC Arrests 8 Internet Fraudsters Including A Lady In Port Harcourt (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Baba Ijesa Defended By 19 Lawyers Including A SAN, Gets Bail by authority2006(m): 1:07pm On Jun 25, 2021
By Adebisi Onanuga:

Actor Olanrewaju James Omiyinka aka Baba Ijesa was yesterday granted bail by an Ikeja sexual offences court.
Justice Toyin Taiwo also released him to his counsel Babatunde Ogala (SAN) pending the perfection of his bail conditions, which he must fulfil in seven days or be returned to remand.

Baba Ijesa’s bail was in the sum of N2 million, with two sureties each in like sum.

The judge also barred him from making any pronouncements on the matter.

“This case has become subjudice. Nobody must say anything or make any comment about this case again, particularly all actors and actresses. The order of Justice Taiwo followed complaints by counsel Ogala that there was much misinformation about the matter on the social media and that the image of the defendant had been battered.

At commencement of trial, Ogala announced the appearance of 19 defence counsels, including himself and Dada Awosika , a senior advocate.

The court directed him to reduce the defence team to six.
Re: Baba Ijesa Defended By 19 Lawyers Including A SAN, Gets Bail by Praxis758: 2:49pm On Jun 25, 2021
19 lawyers!!!!!!

I trust Iyabo Ojo to use her influence to secure the service of 10 SANs to counter Baba Ijesha's defence team.

Prince too will be working round-the-clock to assemble social media lawyers for media trial.

A jam-packed defence team by an a accused is one of the reason why crucial cases are lost in court or prolonged.

Government, being the litigant in most cases often fail to hire top-notch lawyer(s) prosecute the case(s).
Re: Baba Ijesa Defended By 19 Lawyers Including A SAN, Gets Bail by authority2006(m): 8:20pm On Jun 25, 2021
Praxis758:
19 lawyers!!!!!!

I trust Iyabo Ojo to use her influence to secure the service of 10 SANs to counter Baba Ijesha's defence team.

Prince too will be working round-the-clock to assemble social media lawyers for media trial.

For where? She will take the backstage now when her effort is needed most.

A jam-packed defence team by an a accused is one of the reason why crucial cases are lost in court or prolonged.

Government, being the litigant in most cases often fail to hire top-notch lawyer(s) prosecute the case(s).

They have been ordered to reduce it to six defence counsels

(1) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: Who Will Speak For Usifo Ataga? / My Facebook Email And Number Are Deleted, Pls How Do I Reclaim It. / The Voice Nigeria Sings An Amazing Tribute For Sound Sultan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.