Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Bank Marketers: The Ups And The Downs - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Bank Marketers: The Ups And The Downs (904 Views)

Cotswold Downs Golf Club, Online Golf Club Course / Do 60 Sit-ups In 2 Minutes - SA Special Police Force Requirement (PICS) / Top 5 Books In Nigeria For Marketers And Salespeople (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bank Marketers: The Ups And The Downs by Lionize: 2:32pm On Jun 25, 2021
If you are a salesman in the bank please gather here. Share your challenges. How did you handle rejections? Have you ever hit the 'billions' your supervisors push you to get? If yes, how did it feel? The other day I changed the name of someone on my contact from 'Bleep-prospect' to 'Bleep-customer' and I realized how long that transition took.

Once I called a prospect to market her, she didn't offer one bit of resistance, and that was when I just moved my ass to sales. Then I made up my mind to go any length to satisfy this very customer. I do what is not 'doable' for her company.

Nigerians banking space is no longer what it used to be, but we have to have fun working while we put food on the table. What are your challenges? What are your suggestions for the sector? Feel free to share tips with others. I took a bold step and moved to sales myself, to gain experience.

Please share your experience and let's make it fun.
Re: Bank Marketers: The Ups And The Downs by Lionize: 10:38pm On Jun 25, 2021
My manager is a lady. You need to be up and doing, and ready to swallow a lot, else she goes berserk and tag it all sorts.
Re: Bank Marketers: The Ups And The Downs by Itzlinda(f): 2:52pm On Jun 26, 2021
Used to work in a bank as sales person for few months.
Got a fg as civil servants with half salary. Now I think the fg despite the security doesn't worth it at all. There's no motivation. Just go to office and stay for few hours and watch movies.

I really love the experience that comes with working in a bank.

I feel like resigning and going back to bank again
Re: Bank Marketers: The Ups And The Downs by Lionize: 10:08pm On Jun 26, 2021
Itzlinda:
Got a fg as civil servants with half salary. Now I think the fg despite the security doesn't worth it at all. There's no motivation. Just go to office and stay for few hours and watch movies.

Hmn, I don't think you should go back. You have moved on. Think of what to occupy yourself with at work instead. You may start learning one ICT skill or the other. Start training yourself for your next level. You have the world before you.

For me, I elected to move to sales because a lot of people think it's too tough. I wanted to learn new things. I want to meet people (customers and prospects). I wanted to know places. I am preparing myself for exit from the industry.

1 Like

Re: Bank Marketers: The Ups And The Downs by Lionize: 9:37pm On Jul 01, 2021
How does it feel when you roll in huge deposits as a marketer? For me, only if the fund will stay does it excite me.
Re: Bank Marketers: The Ups And The Downs by Lionize: 8:23pm On Jul 02, 2021
This evening, a customer invited me over for a meet up. I just got home with two roles of sharwarma for the 'kids' and a barbeque fish for 'madame'. One of those perks of being a marketer.
Re: Bank Marketers: The Ups And The Downs by Yungmil: 11:10am On Apr 05
Itzlinda:

. I need a government job oo

Please any connection

(1) (Reply)

How I Spent 10 Years In Medical School, Only To Decide To Do Tech. / Help On Ms Dumps 70-236 Exam / Does Anyone Know Anything About Csb Consulting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.