Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,818 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

Nigerian Manufacturing Break Through - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Manufacturing Break Through (605 Views)

Why The Nigerian Manufacturing Industry Of The 80's Crashed. / Babajide Sanwo-Olu Seeks Alliance Of Gree Electric's Manufacturing Plant, China / Nigeria's Industrial Revolution Underway As Manufacturing Sector Expands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Manufacturing Break Through by LikeAking: 6:13pm On Jun 25, 2021
As most of us know, Nigeria can manufacture most of what it needs instead of importing.

We have all the raw materials, machines and capable hands, then why are we still importing simple things we can manufacture?

I dont have an answer to the above question.

The best time to plant a tree was ten years ago and now.

Its not too late for Nigeria to become an industrialized country, so her citizens should embrace manufacturing and industrialization before its too late.

Lets industrialize Nigeria.

Arise oh Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Manufacturing Break Through by Arkmanbuddy(m): 7:23pm On Jun 25, 2021
Industrialization on power generation of less than 10GW? Are you serious? Why do we love treating a tree from it's leaves? If we continue to shy away from key issues holding us back in producing what we need, we'll keep moving in circles.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Manufacturing Break Through by mrvitalis(m): 7:40pm On Jun 25, 2021
Arkmanbuddy:
Industrialization on power generation of less than 10GW? Are you serious? Why do we love treating a tree from it's leaves? If we continue to shy away from key issues holding us back in producing what we need, we'll keep moving in circles.
Oh please stop this lie we tell ourselves ... everywhere in the world manufacturing companies provide their own power ...gas is cheap

power is not an excuse
Re: Nigerian Manufacturing Break Through by mrvitalis(m): 7:43pm On Jun 25, 2021
LikeAking:

As most of us know, Nigeria can manufacture most of what it needs instead of importing.

We have all the raw materials, machines and capable hands, then why are we still importing simple things we can manufacture?

Its not too late for Nigeria to become an industrialized country, so her citizens should embrace manufacturing and industrialization before its too late.

Arise oh Nigerians.

One thing is that we don't have the population
..yes people with enough purchasing power to warrant manufacturing that's the truth
Re: Nigerian Manufacturing Break Through by Arkmanbuddy(m): 9:04pm On Jun 25, 2021
mrvitalis:

Oh please stop this lie we tell ourselves ... everywhere in the world manufacturing companies provide their own power ...gas is cheap

power is not an excuse

Go tell that to the manufacturers!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Manufacturing Break Through by mrvitalis(m): 9:07pm On Jun 25, 2021
Arkmanbuddy:

Go tell that to the manufacturers!
I have a factory I have never been connected to nepa and don't intend to ..power is less than 2% my cost of production
Re: Nigerian Manufacturing Break Through by Arkmanbuddy(m): 9:40am On Jun 26, 2021
mrvitalis:

I have a factory I have never been connected to nepa and don't intend to ..power is less than 2% my cost of production

What do you produce and what's your production capacity? If truly you have billionaire ambition, you'd not be thinking this way... Either there's a low-cost power grid for industries or you spend on R&grin to produce your own power.
Re: Nigerian Manufacturing Break Through by mrvitalis(m): 9:57am On Jun 26, 2021
Arkmanbuddy:

What do you produce and what's your production capacity? If truly you have billionaire ambition, you'd not be thinking this way... Either there's a low-cost power grid for industries or you spend on R&grin to produce your own power.
Tell me the production company that depends on government power ? The best government can do is to provide gas pipeline network like obasanjo did in OTA and ibadan

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Manufacturing Break Through by sammyj: 9:58am On Jun 26, 2021
We have all the raw materials, but where is the power to drive the industrialization. The issue with the power sector need to be resolved first.
Re: Nigerian Manufacturing Break Through by FreeIgbos: 10:24am On Jun 26, 2021
LikeAking:

Arise oh Nigerians.

You think to industrialize is something you can achieve with mouth? Even the little industries we have are currently on life support and they will eventually close down if things continue to deteriorate!

Haven't you seen the notice on Chivita juice in most malls now? About why you can't buy more than one or two, even with your money o shocked Other industries are facing similar crises in trying to remain in production in a crazy country like Nigeria.

Even farm products seem to be worse hit, both animal husbandry and crop farming. Nigeria is facing a grievous disaster never experienced before. Between now and December, even next year, many people will find it extremely difficult to afford food
Re: Nigerian Manufacturing Break Through by Arkmanbuddy(m): 12:34pm On Jun 26, 2021
mrvitalis:

Tell me the production company that depends on government power ? The best government can do is to provide gas pipeline network like obasanjo did in OTA and ibadan

How many of those companies can compete favourably in the global economy? I'm not saying wait on the government, I'm saying the government needs to provide incentives to companies generating power by themselves like tax breaks like it's done in developed countries.

What big companies in Nigeria can do is to spend on R&grin for safer and less expensive ways of power generation.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Manufacturing Break Through by mrvitalis(m): 12:53pm On Jun 26, 2021
Arkmanbuddy:

How many of those companies can compete favourably in the global economy? I'm not saying wait on the government, I'm saying the government needs to provide incentives to companies generating power by themselves like tax breaks like it's done in developed countries.

What big companies in Nigeria can do is to spend on R&grin for safer and less expensive ways of power generation.
Power is not the reason they can't compete in the international market ...how much is noodles in USA and European Union ...yet we import the materials they produce their own power and still it's very cheap

Raw materials are the main reason production is expensive not power ... Diesel is very cheap n can give u very cheap power ...it would cost u less than $100 to fuel 500kva generate for a day ...that's less than $3000 a month for power where in the world can u get it that cheap ..0.5MW ? Please

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Manufacturing Break Through by Arkmanbuddy(m): 1:08pm On Jun 26, 2021
mrvitalis:

Power is not the reason they can't compete in the international market ...how much is noodles in USA and European Union ...yet we import the materials they produce their own power and still it's very cheap

Raw materials are the main reason production is expensive not power ... Diesel is very cheap n can give u very cheap power ...it would cost u less than $100 to fuel 500kva generate for a day ...that's less than $3000 a month for power where in the world can u get it that cheap ..0.5MW ? Please

I would really love to continue with this discussion, but I reckon you've set your mind to what you want to believe.

Quick question: what raw materials do you import in noodles production? If as a manufacturer, you don't have at least a 40% stake in the process of production of your products, then be ready to be at the mercy of exporting countries which opens you to the storms of global economic gameplays.

If you have a hold in powering up your factory, you should also have a hold, however lightly it may be, on the raw materials needed for your products.
Re: Nigerian Manufacturing Break Through by FarahAideed: 1:12pm On Jun 26, 2021
LikeAking:

Arise oh Nigerians.

First of all you dont even have power
Re: Nigerian Manufacturing Break Through by mrvitalis(m): 1:21pm On Jun 26, 2021
Arkmanbuddy:

I would really love to continue with this discussion, but I reckon you've set your mind to what you want to believe.

Quick question: what raw materials do you import in noodles production? If as a manufacturer, you don't have at least a 40% stake in the process of production of your products, then be ready to be at the mercy of exporting countries which opens you to the storms of global economic gameplays.

If you have a hold in powering up your factory, you should also have a hold, however lightly it may be, on the raw materials needed for your products.
Noodles is made with wheat ( imported ) palm oil ( believe u me imported the last time they stopped them palm oil price tripled )

Those are 70% of ingredients in the noodle business
Re: Nigerian Manufacturing Break Through by LikeAking: 4:45pm On Jun 26, 2021
FarahAideed:

First of all you dont even have power

Na true.

But we no go allow that one keep us down.
Re: Nigerian Manufacturing Break Through by LikeAking: 4:48pm On Jun 26, 2021
FreeIgbos:

You think to industrialize is something you can achieve with mouth? Even the little industries we have are currently on life support and they will eventually close down if things continue to deteriorate!

Haven't you seen the notice on Chivita juice in most malls now? About why you can't buy more than one or two, even with your money o shocked Other industries are facing similar crises in trying to remain in production in a crazy country like Nigeria.

Even farm products seem to be worse hit, both animal husbandry and crop farming. Nigeria is facing a grievous disaster never experienced before. Between now and December, even next year, many people will find it extremely difficult to afford food

Industrialization is not easy we know that. But its 100% possible for Nigeria to be industrialized.

Me and you know the case of Chivita.

Make we no allow the negative side keep us down.

If we start the industrialization process in the future things will be cheaper.
Re: Nigerian Manufacturing Break Through by LikeAking: 4:53pm On Jun 26, 2021
mrvitalis:

One thing is that we don't have the population
..yes people with enough purchasing power to warrant manufacturing that's the truth

You mean people with money (Buying power)?

The reason is because we import too much.

If we start manufacturing things will be balanced.

We also need good marketers.

The way you market to Americans for eg is diff from they way you market to Nigerians.

We need the pros to come up with an effective marketing solutions for Nigerians.
Re: Nigerian Manufacturing Break Through by LikeAking: 4:55pm On Jun 26, 2021
mrvitalis:

power is not an excuse

Thank you my brother. This is the real truth.
Re: Nigerian Manufacturing Break Through by LikeAking: 4:56pm On Jun 26, 2021
Arkmanbuddy:

Power is not the problem.

They are using that one as an excuse to sell made in Nigeria goods at expensive rates and also keep average Nigerians away from the manufacturing industry.

We need to know the truth.
Re: Nigerian Manufacturing Break Through by LikeAking: 4:58pm On Jun 26, 2021
mrvitalis:

Wow!

Thank you for opening our eyes.

Power is less than 2% of your production cost and some people make it look like power is even 70%
Re: Nigerian Manufacturing Break Through by mrvitalis(m): 4:59pm On Jun 26, 2021
LikeAking:

Wow!

Thank you for opening our eyes.

Power is less than 2% of your production cost and some people make it look like power is even 70%

Big lies bro ...power through diesel is even cheaper than NEPA
Re: Nigerian Manufacturing Break Through by LikeAking: 5:00pm On Jun 26, 2021
mrvitalis:

Bros thank you.
Re: Nigerian Manufacturing Break Through by LikeAking: 5:04pm On Jun 26, 2021
mrvitalis:

Big lies bro ...power through diesel is even cheaper than NEPA

Its the truth they dont want us to know.

They have used this power thing to discourage us from manufacturing things.

(1) (Reply)

Saddest Moment For All Igbo People Worldwide / Lagos Flooding : Let Us Trend #sackjoeigbokwe / Buhari's Government Ruthless On Ighoho, Kanu, Weak Against Bandits, Boko Haram,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.