Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,939 members, 7,956,542 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:40 PM

How Can I Manage Anxiety Without Medications - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Can I Manage Anxiety Without Medications (626 Views)

7 Quick Ways To Manage Anxiety / HELP: How Do I Manage Bleeding Hemorrhoids? / "I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Manage Anxiety Without Medications by Nobody: 6:52am On Jun 26, 2021
As simple as it sounds, if someone told me they had anxiety I will quickly say "everybody does at some point". But mine have become so intense I get every physical symptoms in the book.

The most serious of them all? Panic and anxiety attacks, If you've never had a Panic attack I don't expect you to understand this horrible feeling of death so please don't assume it's a walk in the park so I should man up. I have other symptoms, for example feeling of passing out in markets or noisy places angry loss of balance in crouded places or when I look at the floor while walking, sweaty palms, palpitations etc.

I have gone for all medical tests and found zero diagnosis, also all these symptoms disappear the minute I fall asleep and wake up. I have been managing this symptoms for over a year now without medications but the last panic attack I had 2 days ago was so intense and was in public. The thought of leaving my house alone makes my heart pound for no reason.

Please if you have this condition, how do you manage it without medications. I honestly can't go down the road of taking benzos or other anti depression medications.
Re: How Can I Manage Anxiety Without Medications by ford101: 6:57am On Jun 26, 2021
So do you masturbat?cos it might help also it might even be one of the root problems.also drugs and alcohol abuse.some untreated illness.
Re: How Can I Manage Anxiety Without Medications by Nobody: 7:10am On Jun 26, 2021
ford101:
So do you masturbat?cos it might help also it might even be one of the root problems.also drugs and alcohol abuse.some untreated illness.
I don't do drugs or alcohol at all. Masturbation? Not really my thing anymore, did that more during my teenage years. It's not like am having trouble sleeping cause I sleep very easily.
Re: How Can I Manage Anxiety Without Medications by Afonjashapmouth: 7:23am On Jun 26, 2021
I am not a doc but from life experiences i would say firrst you have to pay more attention to what triggers all these symptoms. Once you have a hold on them, move on to seeking solace in things that will keep you at peace most times. Like Music, reading or meditation. Engage in physical exercises & anytime you sense such feeling building up switch to something to keep you at peace. Do not use HARD DRUGS at any point to counter this cos that will only leave you paranoid or mess things up the more. Its all in the head and thats where you need to focus on.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Manage Anxiety Without Medications by jesmond3945: 8:47am On Jun 26, 2021
grossintel:
As simple as it sounds, if someone told me they had anxiety I will quickly say "everybody does at some point". But mine have become so intense I get every physical symptoms in the book.

The most serious of them all? Panic and anxiety attacks, If you've never had a Panic attack I don't expect you to understand this horrible feeling of death so please don't assume it's a walk in the park so I should man up. I have other symptoms, for example feeling of passing out in markets or noisy places angry loss of balance in crouded places or when I look at the floor while walking, sweaty palms, palpitations etc.

I have gone for all medical tests and found zero diagnosis, also all these symptoms disappear the minute I fall asleep and wake up. I have been managing this symptoms for over a year now without medications but the last panic attack I had 2 days ago was so intense and was in public. The thought of leaving my house alone makes my heart pound for no reason.

Please if you have this condition, how do you manage it without medications. I honestly can't go down the road of taking benzos or other anti depression medications.
it happens to me as well. Is the mind. You have to learn how to use stiff upper lip to control the mind. Don't always let your guard down.
Re: How Can I Manage Anxiety Without Medications by Nobody: 8:56am On Jun 26, 2021
jesmond3945:
it happens to me as well. Is the mind. You have to learn how to use stiff upper lip to control the mind. Don't always let your guard down.
How do you mean?
Re: How Can I Manage Anxiety Without Medications by jesmond3945: 9:04am On Jun 26, 2021
grossintel:
How do you mean?
don't succumb to emotions easily. Always prepare for worst experiences whenever you leave your house. Only let your guard down when you enter your house

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Manage Anxiety Without Medications by FrankBass281(m): 4:22pm On Jun 26, 2021
Re: How Can I Manage Anxiety Without Medications by FrankBass281(m): 4:23pm On Jun 26, 2021
grossintel:

Op I know exactly how you feel,most of this people saying is just in your mind know nothing,I suffered from this sickness for more than three years. I couldn't leave my house and go to places because I was always afraid. I couldn't even speak in the presence of my mates or anybody at all,I was always afraid. I can't just describe all of it here but I know there is nothing worst than it. The many nights I stayed awake crying not knowing what was wrong with me,the countless number of times I fasted and prayed,mehn it wasn't easy but now I am better. I never took any medication bcus I read online that it was very expensive even the herbal tea someone recommended was not effective.
Op if you want me to disclose how I treated mine and still treating it,quote me but you would have to pay bcus it is something I would say I discovered myself.
I promise you if you follow all I tell you your anxiety will reduce in at most a week or I would refund you half of your money(I don't charge much by the way).
Re: How Can I Manage Anxiety Without Medications by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 26, 2021
FrankBass281:

Op I know exactly how you feel,most of this people saying is just in your mind know nothing,I suffered from this sickness for more than three years. I couldn't leave my house and go to places because I was always afraid. I couldn't even speak in the presence of my mates or anybody at all,I was always afraid. I can't just describe all of it here but I know there is nothing worst than it. The many nights I stayed awake crying not knowing what was wrong with me,the countless number of times I fasted and prayed,mehn it wasn't easy but now I am better. I never took any medication bcus I read online that it was very expensive even the herbal tea someone recommended was not effective.
Op if you want me to disclose how I treated mine and still treating it,quote me but you would have to pay bcus it is something I would say I discovered myself.
I promise you if you follow all I tell you your anxiety will reduce in at most a week or I would refund you half of your money(I don't charge much by the way).
Thanks alot, I appreciate your input. Even though I can't quite relate to the crying part or being afraid. What I feel isn't really fear, I'm not afraid to go out or meet new people. I just get really anxious, just the thoughts of a panic attack or an annoying text message can trigger it.

Also I'm not sure exactly what am paying for, is this for the advice that worked for you, or the treatment involved?
Re: How Can I Manage Anxiety Without Medications by FrankBass281(m): 4:50am On Jun 27, 2021
grossintel:
Thanks alot, I appreciate your input. Even though I can't quite relate to the crying part or being afraid. What I feel isn't really fear, I'm not afraid to go out or meet new people. I just get really anxious, just the thoughts of a panic attack or an annoying text message can trigger it.

Also I'm not sure exactly what am paying for, is this for the advice that worked for you, or the treatment involved?
Mine started just like yours before I started having fear of going out and meeting people. It was getting worse each day. I can still remember some years back when I had to speak to my lodge occupants, even before I started my heart was already pounding,the only reason I could even manage to speak was because it was in the night.
Many doctors know that the best way to treat this sickness is through lifestyle changes but they prefer giving you drugs that you would have to stick to all your life and may or may not work.
What you are actually paying for is both the advice and treatments (no drugs,no meditation,no mindfulness and all those stuffs)

(1) (Reply)

Anger Issues / What's The Cost Of Ivf In Nigeria / Natural Medicine Practitioners Directory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.