Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,333 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

How Can I Be Boss In A Partnership Business? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Can I Be Boss In A Partnership Business? (632 Views)

Stella Oduah: The Imperativeness Of A Partnership With Charles Soludo / Hoodlums Kill Kunle Ajibade (NURTW Boss) In Lagos Hospital / SARS Headquarters On Lockdown After Arrest Of Sacked DSS Boss In Abuja. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Be Boss In A Partnership Business? by TheOldGods: 10:19am On Jun 26, 2021
So I've thought about this and need guidance. I believe this topic will also help a lot of people.

So I have these big ideas, about a movie role or series which I want people to see. I am a director, VFX artist and also an actor, however, I want to focus more on directing and producing films. I met up with another person, let's say a camera guy who will handle the shots. I won't say he is not that of an expert like me, of course, I've worked with a lot of white people doing animations and VFX which he knows. After conveying my ideas, he loved it, and we set up a meeting which included 7other people. 2 persons from my side and 3 on his side making them 4 and me 3. Of course, the team consists of writers, from his side, a location manager from his side, and another camera person, let's say a drone pilot. And on my side, we have the Audio, director,prop-set. Now we all have an understanding. I being the most experienced, and skilled amongst them, believe I in the best position to head everyone, we considered running a company name, which everyone will suggest, also which I think I should oversee or be the boss behind this. I don't know if this makes any sense, but I am the person with the whole ideas and the most skilled here. Most of the other team members are likely still starting up. I want to know the best way to approach them on this to head over them on the next meeting, without Being selfish or act like I want to take everything to myself. Of course, I can't be an island. I'll be happy if this post will get more attention, because it will also help a lot of people going into partnership with anyone, about any business which involves money or fame etc. My point here, is we are going to run a YouTube account which will generate fame and followers, Facebook etc. like someone has to take charge of all these

I'll be glad to reach more people. I believe this is engaging enough. Or maybe not.
Re: How Can I Be Boss In A Partnership Business? by Cutehector(m): 10:24am On Jun 26, 2021
In the beginning, God said, let us make man in our own image, not in my own image.

Pride will kill your business even before it starts if you do not recognize what team work is.

Good luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Be Boss In A Partnership Business? by TheOldGods: 10:28am On Jun 26, 2021
Cutehector:
In the beginning, God said, let us make man in our own image, not in my own image.

Pride will kill your business even before it starts if you do not recognize what team work is.

Good luck
though there is team work, It was God that said let us make man, not everyone that said let us make man?. One person has to take charge and say it. Your ideology doesn't make sense with what I wrote.
Re: How Can I Be Boss In A Partnership Business? by SensetionalGoal(m): 11:27am On Jun 26, 2021
You are already the boss, so you don't need to rub it in their face, Since you are the one that initiated the whole process just make sure you control the finance of the partnership and lead by example by carrying your partner along.

Good luck �

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Be Boss In A Partnership Business? by nazicartel(m): 11:41am On Jun 26, 2021
Business never set finish.... Them don deh find boss ..... One thing killing joint ventures
Re: How Can I Be Boss In A Partnership Business? by Cutehector(m): 12:40pm On Jun 26, 2021
anikesplace123:

I am your sex doctor. I have organic Nafdac approved sex pills for erection and for you to last longer in bed. For MEN AND WOMEN.
One pill is enough for two days. Be that romantic person your partner will always want to call.
Delays release for men and makes a lady more spontaneous, wet and enjoyable by her man.
40pcs for 5,000 naira
20pcs for 2500 naira
4 Pcs for 1,000 naira

My whatsapp is +2348166111064
https:///message/KLQ6GWHUD6U3J1
God forbid!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Be Boss In A Partnership Business? by TheOldGods: 4:41pm On Jun 26, 2021
SensetionalGoal:
You are already the boss, so you don't need to rub it in their face, Since you are the one that initiated the whole process just make sure you control the finance of the partnership and lead by example by carrying your partner along.

Good luck �
thanks. So we are about to decide on a name for your youtube channel, and I already have a channel that has 98subs already, I think it will be best to use the channel but a dot the new name? How do you think this may sound if you are among the team?
Re: How Can I Be Boss In A Partnership Business? by TheOldGods: 4:42pm On Jun 26, 2021
Cutehector:
very well then. I leave you to your stupidity
how far? smiley grin grin
Re: How Can I Be Boss In A Partnership Business? by Cutehector(m): 5:13pm On Jun 26, 2021
TheOldGods:
how far? smiley grin grin
cool. So you think i would be banned.? Cry cry baby..
Re: How Can I Be Boss In A Partnership Business? by TheOldGods: 8:11pm On Jun 26, 2021
Cutehector:
cool. So you think i would be banned.? Cry cry baby..
check again tomorrow
Re: How Can I Be Boss In A Partnership Business? by Cutehector(m): 8:18pm On Jun 26, 2021
TheOldGods:
check again tomorrow
guy go sleep.
Re: How Can I Be Boss In A Partnership Business? by TheOldGods: 7:41am On Jun 28, 2021
Cutehector:
guy go sleep.
i just woke up and you? Did you sleep
Re: How Can I Be Boss In A Partnership Business? by TheOldGods: 10:43pm On Jun 28, 2021
Cutehector:
guy go sleep.
grin grin grin grin are you still sleeping cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Can I Be Boss In A Partnership Business? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 28, 2021
Since it is your idea and you are the one organising the team technically your are the boss as long as no business is registered.

Let everyone work according to his or her competence.

Your friend can manage the writers while you manage everything that has to do with production and film making.

Now if you guys are going to create a company, you are suppose to take about 100% that is if you are the one self funding everything but if your other friend is the one sponsoring the project, then he will have the 100% but also you guys will the boss in your different competencies.

If both of you are bringing equal cash to the table, then 2 of you will split the company equally 50/50 but also you guys will be the boss of your different teams.

Management aka boss isn't by ownership sometimes but by competence, in your situation you guys need to decide who will be managing the company, account, salaries, logistics etc, who will be incharge, 2 of you can sort that out.

Just present your idea about ownership, anybody that funds the project automatically becomes the boss.

As for the other people in the team, if they are ready to also fund the idea from their pocket, they should be given shares too, only those that contribute financially will be given shares that is according to what they bring to the table
Re: How Can I Be Boss In A Partnership Business? by Lanretoye(m): 3:31am On Jun 29, 2021
TheOldGods:
So I've thought about this and need guidance. I believe this topic will also help a lot of people.

So I have these big ideas, about a movie role or series which I want people to see. I am a director, VFX artist and also an actor, however, I want to focus more on directing and producing films. I met up with another person, let's say a camera guy who will handle the shots. I won't say he is not that of an expert like me, of course, I've worked with a lot of white people doing animations and VFX which he knows. After conveying my ideas, he loved it, and we set up a meeting which included 7other people. 2 persons from my side and 3 on his side making them 4 and me 3. Of course, the team consists of writers, from his side, a location manager from his side, and another camera person, let's say a drone pilot. And on my side, we have the Audio, director,prop-set. Now we all have an understanding. I being the most experienced, and skilled amongst them, believe I in the best position to head everyone, we considered running a company name, which everyone will suggest, also which I think I should oversee or be the boss behind this. I don't know if this makes any sense, but I am the person with the whole ideas and the most skilled here. Most of the other team members are likely still starting up. I want to know the best way to approach them on this to head over them on the next meeting, without Being selfish or act like I want to take everything to myself. Of course, I can't be an island. I'll be happy if this post will get more attention, because it will also help a lot of people going into partnership with anyone, about any business which involves money or fame etc. My point here, is we are going to run a YouTube account which will generate fame and followers, Facebook etc. like someone has to take charge of all these

I'll be glad to reach more people. I believe this is engaging enough. Or maybe not.
what u need is legal counseling before registration.
Re: How Can I Be Boss In A Partnership Business? by louqas: 3:55am On Jun 29, 2021
Simple
To be the boss, own the highest share and designate yourself MD.

And like the guy above , seek legal counsel

(1) (Reply)

Southern Governors To Meet In Lagos On Monday / Enough Of Borrowing, Seek Help – Lawmaker Tells Buhari / APC Suspends Okoroacha- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.