Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

How I Was Duped By A Soldier!! Help!!! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Duped By A Soldier!! Help!!! (386 Views)

How I Was Duped Yesterday! Nairalanders Please Help / Policeman Duped By Yahoo Boys Using Osinbajo's Name / Here's How You Can Retrieve Your Money After Being Duped By Online Fraudsters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Duped By A Soldier!! Help!!! by Nelshire(m): 10:47am On Jun 26, 2021
Hello !!

My name is Nelson and the purpose of this post is to unearth a fraud, who took advantage of the negligence of my delivery man, on Wednesday (23-06-2021). Mr. Peter Onwuka Smart a junior officer with the Nigerian Army stationed at Ojo barracks, contacted me on the 19th of June 2021 being Saturday asking if my product (Apple iPhone 5s 32GB) was still available, to which I responded positively and the negotiations began (Note: our agreed price was ₦33,000). He asked that I ship the phone to his address that he was going to pay on delivery and sent his address (Festac 7th Avenue A close house 1) on Facebook messenger; although I was reluctant at first because it wasn't detailed enough but I asked that he send me his full name and phone number, which after some chats he sent me them. The first number he sent was (09011033256) with a name (Celab), which was on Tuesday (22-06-2021).

However, I called the number to verify if it was going through, but it was unavailable. Thus, I replied to him when he asked that I send the phone the next day which was (Wednesday), in my reply I told him that the number he sent wasn't going through. He requested my account number which I obliged to and sent it over on Facebook messenger to him, and after I sent it to him, he dropped another phone number (09071401215), claiming it was his personal line and that it will be the number the dispatcher rider will call when he gets to the address.

On Wednesday (23-06-2021) morning, I called him to get a confirmation and process his order, he told me that he was posted on duty at a checkpoint and won't be able to come out to pick up the phone but he will send his junior brother to assist him to pick up the phone. I said ok, and I gave him the cost of the delivery, and the phone was dispatched. On getting to the address, the delivery bike man collected his delivery fees and dropped the phone with the picker without calling me (sender) to confirm payment, rather the delivery man acted of his own volition and dropped the phone. While this was transpiring, I was focused on other activities and didn't pay attention to my phone; Mr. Peter sent me some messages on Facebook messenger around (11:26 am) telling me that the delivery man was around and his brother has collected the phone, and promised that he was going to send the money immediately he gets permission from his boss to leave the place he was posted. I got to see this message after 1 hour and by then it was already late.

Mr peter since then has continually ignored my calls, and even when he picks, he gives an excuse that he has done the transfer and it keeps bouncing back. I called the first number that he dropped, and the person confirmed to me that Mr peter was his friend, and he wasn't aware of the transaction before Wednesday, I asked him to tell his friend to send my money and he confirmed that he has been trying to call him and he doesn't pick up too. After many attempts to reach him on the phone, he switched off the phone, I also tried getting across to him on Facebook and he read my messages without reply.

Below, I will be dropping pictures and screenshots of our chats on Facebook, his profile details on Facebook, his picture on a uniform, and the phone he bought from me.

Re: How I Was Duped By A Soldier!! Help!!! by drmikeadams(m): 10:50am On Jun 26, 2021
U sure say na him pic be that?
Re: How I Was Duped By A Soldier!! Help!!! by Kdon2: 11:09am On Jun 26, 2021
Nelshire:

Hello !!

My name is Nelson and the purpose of this post is to unearth a fraud, who took advantage of the negligence of my delivery man, on Wednesday (23-06-2021). Mr. Peter Onwuka Smart a junior officer with the Nigerian Army stationed at Ojo barracks, contacted me on the 19th of June 2021 being Saturday asking if my product (Apple iPhone 5s 32GB) was still available, to which I responded positively and the negotiations began (Note: our agreed price was ₦33,000). He asked that I ship the phone to his address that he was going to pay on delivery and sent his address (Festac 7th Avenue A close house 1) on Facebook messenger; although I was reluctant at first because it wasn't detailed enough but I asked that he send me his full name and phone number, which after some chats he sent me them. The first number he sent was (09011033256) with a name (Celab), which was on Tuesday (22-06-2021).

However, I called the number to verify if it was going through, but it was unavailable. Thus, I replied to him when he asked that I send the phone the next day which was (Wednesday), in my reply I told him that the number he sent wasn't going through. He requested my account number which I obliged to and sent it over on Facebook messenger to him, and after I sent it to him, he dropped another phone number (09071401215), claiming it was his personal line and that it will be the number the dispatcher rider will call when he gets to the address.

On Wednesday (23-06-2021) morning, I called him to get a confirmation and process his order, he told me that he was posted on duty at a checkpoint and won't be able to come out to pick up the phone but he will send his junior brother to assist him to pick up the phone. I said ok, and I gave him the cost of the delivery, and the phone was dispatched. On getting to the address, the delivery bike man collected his delivery fees and dropped the phone with the picker without calling me (sender) to confirm payment, rather the delivery man acted of his own volition and dropped the phone. While this was transpiring, I was focused on other activities and didn't pay attention to my phone; Mr. Peter sent me some messages on Facebook messenger around (11:26 am) telling me that the delivery man was around and his brother has collected the phone, and promised that he was going to send the money immediately he gets permission from his boss to leave the place he was posted. I got to see this message after 1 hour and by then it was already late.

Mr peter since then has continually ignored my calls, and even when he picks, he gives an excuse that he has done the transfer and it keeps bouncing back. I called the first number that he dropped, and the person confirmed to me that Mr peter was his friend, and he wasn't aware of the transaction before Wednesday, I asked him to tell his friend to send my money and he confirmed that he has been trying to call him and he doesn't pick up too. After many attempts to reach him on the phone, he switched off the phone, I also tried getting across to him on Facebook and he read my messages without reply.

Below, I will be dropping pictures and screenshots of our chats on Facebook, his profile details on Facebook, his picture on a uniform, and the phone he bought from me.

You be mumu.
Re: How I Was Duped By A Soldier!! Help!!! by Bluntguy: 11:14am On Jun 26, 2021
Better go to Ojo barracks and report him to his bosses asap.
Re: How I Was Duped By A Soldier!! Help!!! by ZaRuleOfLaw: 11:21am On Jun 26, 2021
so small children don full army like dis
Re: How I Was Duped By A Soldier!! Help!!! by ashybabs(m): 2:34pm On Jun 26, 2021
Bluntguy:
Better go to Ojo barracks and report him to his bosses asap.

At this point as daredevil as it may sound, this is the best solution.

However, go in the company of somebody make e no turn Sara
Re: How I Was Duped By A Soldier!! Help!!! by ORIAYO70(m): 2:57pm On Jun 26, 2021
Kdon2:

You be mumu.
Add man to it

(1) (Reply)

Some 150 Students Missing After Gunmen Raid Kaduna State School / Church Body Supports UNICEF, EU UN To Fight Injustice Against Women And Girls / 18-year-old Ex Jailbird Arrested For Stabbing Sex Worker To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.