Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Two Nysc Members Die In Bayelsa Boat Mishap - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Two Nysc Members Die In Bayelsa Boat Mishap (1093 Views)

3 Corp Members Die On Their Way Back From Camp (photos). / Two NYSC Members Die, 4 Injured In Makurdi Road Mishap / Is Two NYSC Discharge Certificates Required For Double Degress? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Nysc Members Die In Bayelsa Boat Mishap by aljharem3: 9:22pm On May 07, 2011
Tragedy struck, Friday, in the coastal waterway of Bayelsa as two National Youth Service Corps members serving in the state lost their lives in a boat mishap.

Though the identity of the corps members could not be immediately ascertained, the tragic incident, it was gathered occurred along the Nembe creek in the Nembe local government area of the state.

The deceased corps members were said to have left Nembe Friday afternoon, and were heading to Yenagoa, the state capital when the speedboat in which they travelling was involved in an head on collision with another boat in the winding creek.

It was learnt that the deceased corps members were thrown overboard alongside other passengers and got drowned as they could not swim.

A source at the state NYSC directorate said a team had been dispatched to the area to gather first hand information on the possible cause of the boat mishap and the identity of the victims.

But at the time of filing this report, the corpses of the drowned corps members were yet to be recovered even as the villagers along the Nembe creek were said to have intensified the search for their bodies.

Attempts to get the comment of the state coordinator of the NYSC, Mrs. Nnenna Ukoha proved abortive but a source said they heard of the incident and had dispatched a team to the area.

According to the source they are waiting for the bodies to be the recovered for them to ascertain the identity of the victims.

When contacted the police public relations officer, Mr. Eguavoen Emokpae (ASP) confirmed the tragic incident but said information at his disposal was still sketchy.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/05/two-nysc-members-die-in-bayelsa-boat-mishap/
Re: Two Nysc Members Die In Bayelsa Boat Mishap by Emmyk(m): 10:17pm On May 07, 2011
O.M.G. Rest in peace.
I'm hate sea journey. My phobia!
Re: Two Nysc Members Die In Bayelsa Boat Mishap by namfav(m): 10:31pm On May 07, 2011
damn, that's bad
Re: Two Nysc Members Die In Bayelsa Boat Mishap by gidson12(m): 8:08am On May 08, 2011
i feel so sad mehn!!, this year has really been a bad bad one for them, corpers, my condolence to their families
Re: Two Nysc Members Die In Bayelsa Boat Mishap by jmaine: 10:11am On May 08, 2011
So they did not have a safety life jacket onĀ  . . .damn !! Accident or mishap can happen any time, reason why we should never play with safety issues . . .It's a pity this young souls perished just like thatĀ  . . .RIP to all those who lost their life in that Boat mishap
Re: Two Nysc Members Die In Bayelsa Boat Mishap by Emmyk(m): 4:24pm On May 08, 2011
I'm full of tears. One of the corpers that died is my Relation. He is the granchild of my Mum's uncle. Meaning: he is the granchild of my granmother's brother. He is named: Tunde Aremu
Re: Two Nysc Members Die In Bayelsa Boat Mishap by Rhino5dm: 5:26pm On May 08, 2011
So so sad. My heart goes out to their respective familes.
Re: Two Nysc Members Die In Bayelsa Boat Mishap by hildaa(f): 12:50pm On Oct 10, 2011
so sad
Re: Two Nysc Members Die In Bayelsa Boat Mishap by DeepSoul(f): 1:21pm On Oct 10, 2011
Emmyk:

I'm full of tears. One of the corpers that died is my Relation. He is the granchild of my Mum's uncle. Meaning: he is the granchild of my granmother's brother. He is named: Tunde Aremu

He is quite simply, your (third) cousin.
May their souls RIP.

(1) (Reply)

Free Registration For UK Recognize Certification / Riot In Rivers Stream 2 Camp / Mobilization Form For Mouau Student Is On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.