Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Anambra 2021: Peter Obi Congratulates PDP Candidate, Valentine Ozigbo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra 2021: Peter Obi Congratulates PDP Candidate, Valentine Ozigbo (35927 Views)

Ekweremadu Withdraws From Enugu Guber Race, Congratulates PDP Primary Winner / PDP Candidate: Valentine Ozigbo Votes - Pictures / Ajimobi Congratulates PDP's Balogun On His Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra 2021: Peter Obi Congratulates PDP Candidate, Valentine Ozigbo by EmekaA125(m): 11:17am On Jun 27, 2021
Monogamy:
Wait oo, so Maduka is out of the race?

Peter Obi's doing. I wonder how he thought Ozigbo will defeat Soludo.
Re: Anambra 2021: Peter Obi Congratulates PDP Candidate, Valentine Ozigbo by EmekaA125(m): 11:19am On Jun 27, 2021
McOluOmo:
Victory for apc
Dream on bro. U think Anambra is in Tinubu's SouthWest abi.
Re: Anambra 2021: Peter Obi Congratulates PDP Candidate, Valentine Ozigbo by EmekaA125(m): 11:23am On Jun 27, 2021
MERCHANDISER:

He has built 2 Catholic churches and 1 Anglican church in his town
1 Catholic Church and a Catholic Mission School. Anglican (Church and Vicarage).
Re: Anambra 2021: Peter Obi Congratulates PDP Candidate, Valentine Ozigbo by EmekaA125(m): 11:23am On Jun 27, 2021
EMMY76:
Where is this valentine ozigbo from?
Amesi, Aguata LGA.
Re: Anambra 2021: Peter Obi Congratulates PDP Candidate, Valentine Ozigbo by EmekaA125(m): 11:25am On Jun 27, 2021
descarado:

What happened to Mmaduka was exactly what Soludo passed through when he thought he can easily become anambra governor just because he was ex cbn governor.

Anambra politics is purely grassroot. If you show them you have the money to spend, them go chop your money and disgrace you.
Maduka is just like many abroad based anambrarians who jumped into politics with no experience at the grassroot.
Just because he built one edifice at home, then what.
Same way Obi fielded a grassroot Obaze in 2017 right?
Forget talk, Prof Soludo is Anambra Governor-Elect.
Re: Anambra 2021: Peter Obi Congratulates PDP Candidate, Valentine Ozigbo by crackhouse(m): 11:28am On Jun 27, 2021
Alexreport have milk this guy dry and zammm
Re: Anambra 2021: Peter Obi Congratulates PDP Candidate, Valentine Ozigbo by InvertedHammer: 12:12pm On Jun 27, 2021
AchalugoNwa:
grin

lol this obi and unpopular candidate

how will valentine win Soludo?

seems Obi is being Overrated because he doesn't seems to understand how Anambra politics works.

Maduka is the only person with what it takes to unseat APGA
Anambra people loves him irrespective of party affiliation.
now it's a walkover for APGA and this unpopular man won't even smell 3rd position
/
Obi doesn't call the shots in PDP which he joined a few years back.
I hope Dr. Maduka doesn't stop his philanthropy because it seems that all that were mere stepping stones to politics. Up until Peter Obi picked him, who knew Obiano? Soludo should fire on if he wants to win.
/
Re: Anambra 2021: Peter Obi Congratulates PDP Candidate, Valentine Ozigbo by Emmypure: 12:14pm On Jun 27, 2021
I am surprised
Re: Anambra 2021: Peter Obi Congratulates PDP Candidate, Valentine Ozigbo by Malibe: 12:22pm On Jun 27, 2021
One thing people need to understand is that party politics doesn't work in Anambra state. The Kingmakers (I mean the real men) in Anambra have already decided whom the next governor will be and when they sight a true contender, the person will be taking out in the primaries irrespective of his/her party (while mediocre will be planted to fail). Unfortunately this has become the fate of Dr. Maduka. However, congratulations to Soludo but come to think of it, there is no different b/w APGA and PDP in Anambra, Is just 2 parties; 2 tickets; and 1 people.
Re: Anambra 2021: Peter Obi Congratulates PDP Candidate, Valentine Ozigbo by Bewiseedet(m): 12:27pm On Jun 27, 2021
Naija politics fear ...
Re: Anambra 2021: Peter Obi Congratulates PDP Candidate, Valentine Ozigbo by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 27, 2021
Maduka next move should be to dump pdp and pick any other party .He has the grass root support.who knows the pdp guy.Soludo is apc stooge waiting to decamp.The maduka guy is the only threat to apc soludo.Soludo is apc forget he is in apga.He knows biafrans hate anything apc
Re: Anambra 2021: Peter Obi Congratulates PDP Candidate, Valentine Ozigbo by McOluOmo: 12:49pm On Jun 27, 2021
EmekaA125:

Dream on bro. U think Anambra is in Tinubu's SouthWest abi.
u'll remember that my comment come November 7. Uba for apc
Re: Anambra 2021: Peter Obi Congratulates PDP Candidate, Valentine Ozigbo by franktech(m): 1:22pm On Jun 27, 2021
What have you ever build before to help the society?
BlissGod:

Truth is the guy is just walking on empty hype himself, I ask people who is Dr masuka they show me an empty building he built for some dump reasons.

His manifesto was horrible. Am glad he didnt push through.
Re: Anambra 2021: Peter Obi Congratulates PDP Candidate, Valentine Ozigbo by Munzy14(m): 2:10pm On Jun 27, 2021
Nezzjnr:
How Alex Report go dey c8hop now cheesy cheesy
He will move back to Regina and ned..
Re: Anambra 2021: Peter Obi Congratulates PDP Candidate, Valentine Ozigbo by biglizzy: 2:32pm On Jun 27, 2021
Congratulations to them

Re: Anambra 2021: Peter Obi Congratulates PDP Candidate, Valentine Ozigbo by UnimkeAk(m): 2:36pm On Jun 27, 2021
Holyman3:
Dr. Maduka now understands the evil called Nigeria politics.
But unfortunately Ozigbo is not going anywhere. The best chance PDP had was to get Maduka over the line. APGA will still highjack the election.

Maduka could have given Soludo a run for his money
Hope say u go vote and not typing from agege
Re: Anambra 2021: Peter Obi Congratulates PDP Candidate, Valentine Ozigbo by Ikinternational: 3:18pm On Jun 27, 2021
like1:

I was thinking same too about Mmaduka, but then I just heard he is a pentecostal was thinking he is a Catholic, not Catholic nor Anglican. This really matters a lot in Anambra, those at the grass-root know this but you won't see people saying this on social media.

Pdp denied him the ticket and put him far behind to avoid court cases because of this, all the parties know that being a Catholica or Anglican is the first criteria to win election in Anambra.

You're making sense

But none of this means he wasn't the best candidate.

Hence my comment the election process was not truly democratic. The end result is Africans behaving like Africans.

I was attracted to Maduka because the guy seems to be a doer. He can't enter office n change personality. That's a comfortable bet for me to make. But unfortunately, some people will rather get in the way because it's never ever about what's best for the people.

Anambra people are the most traveled tribe. But we still think along primitive bullshit. It's unfortunate
Re: Anambra 2021: Peter Obi Congratulates PDP Candidate, Valentine Ozigbo by Uncleodi(m): 3:54pm On Jun 27, 2021
orohbiro:
This guy was busy meeting Reverend fathers, market women, orphanage owners busy doing the main campaign on top primary election, lol are those guy PDP membership card carriers? why the trancorp guy was busy neigiociating with top excos of the party that have group of followers with card carriers. You campaign after winning primaries not before primaries that Nigerian politics for u.

You actually have a good point

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: Peter Obi Congratulates PDP Candidate, Valentine Ozigbo by ofiko123(m): 3:55pm On Jun 27, 2021
Congratulations to valentine ozigbo..
Re: Anambra 2021: Peter Obi Congratulates PDP Candidate, Valentine Ozigbo by Uncleodi(m): 4:00pm On Jun 27, 2021
Focusmind:
My sympathy. Nigeria politics is about being a good party man and popular among the party stalwarts and delegates. Left to Peter Obi, he would have picked Maduka but the delegates had other alternatives.

Valentine Ozigbo is a veteran PDP man and has been funding the party, providing them with accommodation and other logistics at Transcop hotel, being the Managing Director then. Secodondus and PDP executives benefited greatly from Valentine Ozigbo during his tenure as MD of transcorp. Right from the time of Ali Modu Sheriff, Valentine Ozigbo as MD of Transcorp had started working with PDP top shots. He didn't even bother meeting the common people. He was based in Abuja, hatching his plans with the PDP Executives, which came with new delegates list. For Valentine Ozigbo to resign from Transcorp as MD to pursue his gubernatorial ambition is not a joke. He must have thought it out well.

He is Tony Elumelu's boy and Elumelu will be ready to bring his war chest to the table to support him. People would be shocked the level the man would go when the campaign starts.

Maduka should have waited and teamed up with APGA and learn the ropes under Soludo. He would be assured of the APGA's ticket in the next election in 2028. He would definitely move to APGA. That was how Soludo came to APGA. He saw that there was no chance for him in PDP, he joined APGA, even though, Peter Obi played a fast one on him then as well.

I feel sorry for him.

Street smartness and not only book smartness is crucial in Nigerian politics..
Re: Anambra 2021: Peter Obi Congratulates PDP Candidate, Valentine Ozigbo by EdwardRandy(m): 9:03pm On Jun 27, 2021
Tdotbluejays1:
If you want to fail at an election, just hire the beauty pageant coordinator aka Alex report. grin
cheesy cheesy you have scattered the table.
Re: Anambra 2021: Peter Obi Congratulates PDP Candidate, Valentine Ozigbo by richmanrichard: 9:36pm On Jun 27, 2021
Kamil83:
PDP is out of the Race, is between Apga and Apc now
4 ur mind. Apga gat no challenger n Apc wud still finish 3rd or lower
Re: Anambra 2021: Peter Obi Congratulates PDP Candidate, Valentine Ozigbo by VillageHead: 11:53pm On Jun 27, 2021
When I said Maduka will not win that they only want him to part with his money many here did not believe me.
Re: Anambra 2021: Peter Obi Congratulates PDP Candidate, Valentine Ozigbo by Tinyemeka(m): 3:52am On Jun 29, 2021
djsjxjfjdisjdjb:

are you in anambra? are you voting? if not, whether you heard or not heard does not matter. forget social media voting my brother

I left Anambra last week, after spending two weeks at Awka and Nnewi.
Re: Anambra 2021: Peter Obi Congratulates PDP Candidate, Valentine Ozigbo by stonemasonn: 1:15am On Nov 12, 2021
Done and dusted.
Re: Anambra 2021: Peter Obi Congratulates PDP Candidate, Valentine Ozigbo by zionstaar75: 6:10pm On Jan 07

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

360 View Of Peter Obi Presidential Campaign Rally In Kano State (Videos) / Onitsha Today / INEC Declares PDP's Adeleke Winner Of Osun Governorship Election 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.