Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Who Else Has Noticed The Drop In Cement Quality. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Who Else Has Noticed The Drop In Cement Quality. (352 Views)

Thinking Of What You Can Do With Half Plot Of Land! 300sqm.drop In And Find Out / Thinking Of What You Can Do With Half Plot Of Land! 300sqm.drop In And Find Out / Architect Turns Old Cement Factory Into His Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Else Has Noticed The Drop In Cement Quality. by matify83: 8:07am On Jun 27, 2021
Without making this post appear like a de-marketing piece or one borne out of "black-belleism", I want to draw the attention of relevant agencies especially the consumer protection council (CPC) and standard organization of Nigeria (SON) that one of the major players in the cement industry is fleecing Nigerians and endangering the lives of its customers by flooding the market with products that no longer behaves " true- to-type".

With the mad rush that the cement industry just witnessed , the attendant scarcity of products resulting and the astronomical increase in price of cement, I have noticed that the Dangote brand especially products from its Gboko branch are of poor quality.

The 3X cement from this plant is not as rich as it used to making artisans to call it "falcon in 3X bag".

Even marketers in the new garage area of Makurdi have created a dichotomy between the cements by factory of manufacture as you hear them ask if you want 3X Gboko or 3X Obajana.

Artisans now reduce the sand content of mixtures to get the same consistency they hitherto got with a little more sand some months back.

A cursory Physical analysis of this Gboko 3X cement also show its pale appearance compared to the erstwhile dark grey colour associated with this cement grade.

Like I highlighted at the start of this post, I am not out to blacklist the cement or company but to appeal to the cement company identified to do due diligence by ramping up its quality control mechanism so that this does not tarnish the reputation it has built and enjoys from Nigerians by way of patronage.
Also relevant agencies saddled with the responsibility of standardization should assess the quality of cement being churned out by all the players and ascertain that what is bagged is true of its label.

I come in peace

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Noticed The Drop In Cement Quality. by DankemzI(m): 8:17am On Jun 27, 2021
It's high time we make use of other alternative building materials
Re: Who Else Has Noticed The Drop In Cement Quality. by Kriss216: 8:41am On Jun 27, 2021
DankemzI:
It's high time we make use of other alternative building materials
Like clay

4 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Noticed The Drop In Cement Quality. by DankemzI(m): 11:29am On Jun 27, 2021
Kriss216:

Like clay

Yess!

(1) (Reply)

Dried And Developed PLOTS At Igando Oridu , Eleko, Lagos. / Buy The Future While Is Cheap Now. / Introducing Swisstrade Doors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.