Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,221 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. (4435 Views)

'I Miss Your Manhood & All The Styles’ - Widow Says During Late Husband’s Rite / Sometimes I Regret Marrying My Wife / Single Hood Certificate For Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by destiny4luv(m): 10:42am On Jun 27, 2021
I have been married for 11 years now with beautiful and lovely two daughters. I do love my family with the whole of my heart, they are my world and pride and I bless God for His provision, Grace and love upon us as a family all these years.

The reason I am writing this is because most times I really do miss those single days as a bachelor. Back then I can hang out with my pals in the club especially on weekends and have the best of fun without any thoughts of worrying/rushing home to be with the family. The feeling is so breath taking (un-imaginable), the only thing u think of is just urself and urself alone, do whatever u want to do and go wherever u want to go just like a bird in the air no restrictions. But as a family man all those privileges are gone and gone for good.

My reason for writing this "sometimes I miss single hood" was because my wife got me so upset last night that she almost made me hit her but I didn't (though she has apologize) and I have forgiven her. I was hanging out with some of my friends and colleagues last night and it's really been long we had such gathering/fun since everyone is now married with family and responsibilities. My wife called me to know where I was and when I will be home. Normally I don't stay out late at most 7:30 or 8:00pm am home, but as at last night some minutes past 9:00pm my wife called me to know where I was and when I will be home; I told her am with my pals that I will be coming home late, she can go to bed without waiting up.

Myself and my friends really had good time together, discuss a lot and celebrated each other. And after everything we all parted ways and before I got home was some minutes past 11:00pm thinking my wife will be asleep by then since I told her not to wait up. Lo and behold I got home open the door and saw my wife sitting in the sitting room with so much hanger on her facial expression, I was surprised she was still awake after Ieting her know I will be coming home late. The next thing she does was greeted me with annoying toon, took my bag from me angrily and took it to d bedroom which she always does when I returned from work. I know she was hangry but I didn't expect her to be angry at all, so I went to d room straight to the bathroom and took my bath.

When I was through bathing, I went to Check on my kids in their room they where far asleep, I just gave them good night peck and straight to the sitting room. Normally we always stay together in the sitting room play have fun and watch some family TV shows together before bed time. I was listening to some cool jams on TV because I was a little bit tipsy after the hang out I just wanted to listen to some soft and easy jamz to calm me down before going to bed. While relaxing my wife came from the room and started yelling at me saying I have gotten a new girl outside and planning to destroy our Union. Sincerely speaking I was shocked and disappointed at her shallow reasoning never expected such from her. I thought she was on something (drugs) but she wasn't and she has never been on such before.

After all her yelling and accusations which I allowed her to express herself (though I was almost tempted to hit her but I restrain myself) l asked her if she was through with her accusations but she didn't respond. I told her that I am truly disappointed in her for her foolish and childish behavior/reason. Truth be told I haven't cheated on my wife since we got married and I don't plan or intend to do that. After talking some sense into her she started crying and apologized which I truly forgave her. All she needs was just that trust and confidence from her man no matter what and which I gave to her.

Sorry for the long write up, all am trying to say is there is joy in single hood and a more greater joy in being married with family, believe me am speaking from experience. As a single guy/lady enjoy ur single hood because that's all u have got now, because when u are married all that will be left will just be memories of good old single days. But trust me u will enjoy martial life more especially when u are married to ur soulmate. Though sometimes u will miss the good old days of single hood which is normal, but it is nothing to be compared with a happily built home.

26 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by Eriokanmi: 10:43am On Jun 27, 2021
destiny4luv:
I have been married for 11 years now with beautiful and lovely two daughters. I do love my family with the whole of my heart, they are my world and pride and I bless God for His provision, Grace and love upon us as a family all these years.

The reason I am writing this is because most times I really do miss those single days as a bachelor. Back then I can hang out with my pals in the club especially on weekends and have the best of fun without any thoughts of worrying/rushing home to be with the family. The feeling is so breath taking (un-imaginable), the only thing u think of is just urself and urself alone, do whatever u want to do and go wherever u want to go just like a bird in the air no restrictions. But as a family man all those privileges are gone and gone for good.

My reason for writing this "sometimes I miss single hood" was because my wife got me so upset last night that she almost made me hit her but I didn't (though she has apologize) and I have forgiven her. I was hanging out with some of my friends and colleagues yesterday and it's really been long we had such gathering/fun since everyone is now married with family and responsibilities. My wife called me to know when I will be home because I don't stay out late at most 7:30 or 8:00pm am home, but as at yesterday some minutes past 9:00pm my wife called me to know where I was and when I will be home; I told her am with my pals that I will be coming home late, she can go to bed without waiting up.

Myself and my friends really had good time together, discuss a lot and celebrated each other. And after everything we all parted ways and before I got home was some minutes past 11:00pm thinking my wife will be asleep by then since I told her not to wait up. Lo and behold I got home open the door and saw my wife sitting in the sitting room with so much hanger on her facial expression, I was surprised she was still awake after Ieting her know I will be coming home late. The next thing she does was greeted me with annoying toon, took my bag from me angrily and took it to d bedroom which she always does when I returned from work. I know she was hangry but I didn't expect her to be angry at all, so I went to d room straight to the bathroom and took my bath.

When I was through bathing, I went to Check on my kids in their room they where far asleep, I just gave them good night peck and straight to the sitting room. Normally we always stay together in the sitting room play have fun and watch some family TV shows together before bed time. I was listening to some cool jams on TV because I was a little bit tipsy after the hang out I just wanted to listen to some soft and easy jamz to calm me down before going to bed. While relaxing my wife came from the room and started yelling at me saying I have gotten a new girl outside and planning to destroy our Union. Sincerely speaking I was shocked and disappointed at her shallow reasoning never expected such from her. I thought she was on something (drugs) but she wasn't and she has never been on such before.

After all her yelling and accusations which I allowed her to express herself (though I was almost tempted to hit her but I restrain myself) l asked her if she was through with her accusations but she didn't respond. I told her that I am truly disappointed in her for her foolish and childish behavior/reason. Truth be told I haven't cheated on my wife sine we got married and I don't plan or intend to do that. After talking some sense into her she started crying and apologized which I truly forgave her. All she needs was just that trust and confidence from her man no matter what and which I gave to her.

Sorry for the long write up, all am trying to say is there is joy in single hood and a more greater joy in being married with family, believe me am speaking from experience. As a single guy/lady enjoy ur single hood because that's all u have got now, because when u are married all that will be left will just be memories of good old single days. But trust me u will enjoy martial life more especially when u are married to ur soulmate. Though sometimes u will miss the good old days of single hood which is normal, but it is nothing to be compared with a happily built home.
as a single man/woman, you enjoy your freedom but lose it the moment you're married. If you stay way from home more than necessary, kids would be disturbing on phone wifey will be fuming, even though you're away on official duties. You could be away from home for as long as you wish, when you were single
Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by legacystore: 10:46am On Jun 27, 2021
U can't eat ur cake n have it tongue

Marriage is actually boring for an average man n responsibility won't let u have enough money to have fun.

If u now make mistake of marrying someone without common sense then u will kw no peace till u die.

More reason side chick association is booming, most times they are the only source of joy to the man.

3 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by PlayMaker14: 10:51am On Jun 27, 2021
Always remember the SUPER TV CEO Incase you are thinking something else.

19 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by RoyalBlu(f): 10:54am On Jun 27, 2021
Me, myself and I. cheesy

It's a good thing you've tasted the both sides of the "hood" and you know how it goes.

More grace!
Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by general111(m): 10:59am On Jun 27, 2021
Marry a woman you can flex with..
Although i am not married

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 27, 2021
You are a confused married man and no responsible man stay out that long for no justifiable reason and expect to be welcomed with an open mind by his wife,you are selfish and manipulative,obviously you wife has fallen deep into your manipulative prowess. Remember Chidinma and Usifos case ooo in case you want to be a sugar daddy.

16 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by Skyfornia(m): 11:07am On Jun 27, 2021
Your wife henceforth should be your best friend and hangout paddy...even though once in a while you can also hang out with friends.

5 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by DDDEnterprises: 11:13am On Jun 27, 2021
That's the thing about life man. If someone pursues a worthy cause, then he has to learn to adapt to the conditions that the cause would bring upon him.

if you were someone who used to wake up late in the morning cause you were jobless, the moment you get a job, that lifestyle must change.

before entering school, if you used to play and hangout a lot, then you must reduce that after admission to so you can have enough time to focus on study and make good grades.

That's life!

marriage is beautiful thing; a worthy and valuable pursuit. It's the institution that God legislated to allow people satisfy their physical desires, find comfort and support in their spouses and children and achieve one of the most integral phenomenon of life: reproduction and continuity.

So once a person takes this great step, he must become more responsible and change his lifestyle to fit into the conditions that being in marriage has to offer.

Your wife may have overreacted especially by accusing you of an affair, but you should apologize to her too.

A married man, that has a wife and kids he's responsible for, has a home of which he is the maintainer and protector shouldn't be seen staying out so late.

If you want to hang out with friends, do so occasionally and set a responsible time to it. If you want to extend it cause you miss it or desire the fun so much, then you must discuss that with your wife and she must show her understanding and approval before you do it. And it mustn't be frequent or too much.

So that's my little take and this is according to my little wisdom.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by AngelicDamsel(f): 11:14am On Jun 27, 2021

6 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by SocialJustice: 11:19am On Jun 27, 2021
Destiny4luv, where did you see the law that after marriage you stop clubbing? Lol, I have friends who their clubbing never stopped, their wives are even aware and even tag along sometimes. I have a cousin whose wife goes clubbing with her friends alone.

Na you choose to dull yourself. Marriage doesn't stop anything, just be responsible about it because na club you go drunk or tipsy, friends go pay room for you support am with ashawo make you take dey alright.

Slapping your wife because she accused you of infidelity is just stupid, women are like that and I'm glad you didn't hit her because it was so unnecessary.

7 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by Adebaba1(m): 11:19am On Jun 27, 2021
Omo

Marriage no easy

After 11 years, wife still no trust husband

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by GboyegaD(m): 11:24am On Jun 27, 2021
You did no bad however, you should have informed her before she called you. Occasionally, you sure would hang out with other friends. Marriage doesn't mean you throw our your friends and I do not understand how some think it is a concyclic circle.

When next you will be hanging with your friends, tell her days before and incase it is impromptu, just give a call. If she doesn't understand, she is being selfish.

9 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by StubbornGENIUS: 11:25am On Jun 27, 2021
Don't confuse me please.
Na beg I de beg you wink

And who says that married folks don't have fun or hang out with friends,even at night?

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by mariahAngel(f): 11:30am On Jun 27, 2021
Op, your wife loves you very much.
No woman who loves her husband will go to sleep while her husband is still out so late at night.
So, however your wife reacted, it was out of love. She was being protective of you.

The moment you came home late to her, she was no longer your wife, but your mother.
If she hadn't scolded you, she wouldn't have been calm, so don't take it to heart.
She loves you very much. And was probably a bit jealous that you chose to stay out so late to hang with friends instead of her, while she missed you.
Did you at least get her something on your way back to pacify her?

25 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by Freestainworld(m): 11:36am On Jun 27, 2021
When hanging out again, go with your wife, simple, marriage is not for a faint hearted, alot of sacrifices are involved.

8 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by destiny4luv(m): 11:36am On Jun 27, 2021
[quote author=Rozcol post=103134051]You are a confused married man and no responsible man stay out that long for no justifiable reason and expect to be welcomed with an open mind by his wife,you are selfish and manipulative,obviously you wife has fallen deep into your manipulative prowess. Remember Chidinma and Usifos case ooo in case you want to be a sugar daddy.

U are lost.
Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by sisisioge: 11:42am On Jun 27, 2021
grin grin grin grin

If na island you dey work while living on the mainland and madam get better work, she wouldnt have put as much drama up. Meanwhile, you guys should embrace your normal biko and agree on a little abnormal here and there. It gets really boring when everything is all about normal....biko encourage her to pursue some of her hobbies too. Good luck o.

2 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by destiny4luv(m): 11:42am On Jun 27, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Always remember the SUPER TV CEO Incase you are thinking something else.

Not at all, I am not thinking something else
I love my family so so much will give the world for them.

3 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 27, 2021
[quote author=destiny4luv post=103134842][/quote]find me then
Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by Uyi168: 11:47am On Jun 27, 2021
AngelicDamsel:
Will you be happy if your wife hangs out with her friends till 11pm, all in the name of hangouts. Op, let's face the fact, most women would react the same way your wife did.

What were you expecting? just come home that late and she should pat your back for a job well done.

Hangout, hangout.....Naso e dey start!

Apologize to your wife for such an irresponsible act. You owe her an apology, seriously!

I know many men who respect their wives and would not stay up late for whatever reason. You see them rushing home to honour their matrimonial obligation.

11pm.......... is irresponsible.
.. It's a man's world, babygirl.
Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by PlayMaker14: 11:50am On Jun 27, 2021
destiny4luv:

Not at all, I am not thinking something else
I love my family so so much will give the world for them.
Okay Bro.

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by Hathor5(f): 11:51am On Jun 27, 2021
You need to sit your wife down and discuss the issue with her even though you have already reconciled and you have forgiven her because otherwise the issue will keep coming up. You don't want her to be upset the next time you stay out late so you will need to reach an agreement.

Marriage is not prison and should not be. Every spouse needs some freedom to do things without their husband/wife. And it is important your wife learns to trust you. You seem to be trustworthy going by your determination to stay faithful and the frequency of the meetings with your friends. Does your wife have friends and hobbies?

About you missing your single life. Maybe you didn't get to be single long enough (disadvantage of marrying early). Or maybe you and your wife haven't made enough space for fun in your marriage and hence it all feels like responsibility and sacrifice only.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by fati2001(m): 11:57am On Jun 27, 2021
destiny4luv:

My reason for writing this "sometimes I miss single hood" was because my wife got me so upset last night that she almost made me hit her but I didn't (though she has apologize) and I have forgiven her. I was hanging out with some of my friends and colleagues yesterday and it's really been long we had such gathering/fun since everyone is now married with family and responsibilities. My wife called me to know when I will be home because I don't stay out late at most 7:30 or 8:00pm am home, but as at yesterday some minutes past 9:00pm my wife called me to know where I was and when I will be home; I told her am with my pals that I will be coming home late, she can go to bed without waiting up.

After all her yelling and accusations which I allowed her to express herself (though I was almost tempted to hit her but I restrain myself) l asked her if she was through with her accusations but she didn't respond. I told her that I am truly disappointed in her for her foolish and childish behavior/reason. Truth be told I haven't cheated on my wife sine we got married and I don't plan or intend to do that. After talking some sense into her she started crying and apologized which I truly forgave her. All she needs was just that trust and confidence from her man no matter what and which I gave to her.

WETIN YOU DY DO FOR OUTSIDE TILL 11 PM?

NAH SO SATAN TAKE DY CAPTURE POEPLE SMALL SMALL.

5 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by destiny4luv(m): 12:01pm On Jun 27, 2021
DDDEnterprises:
That's the thing about life man. If someone pursues a worthy cause, then he has to learn to adapt to the conditions that the cause would bring upon him.

if you were someone who used to wake up late in the morning cause you were jobless, the moment you get a job, that lifestyle must change.

before entering school, if you used to play and hangout a lot, then you must reduce that after admission to so you can have enough time to focus on study and make good grades.

That's life!

marriage is beautiful thing; a worthy and valuable pursuit. It's the institution that God legislated to allow people satisfy their physical desires, find comfort and support in their spouses and children and achieve one of the most integral phenomenon of life: reproduction and continuity.

So once a person takes this great step, he must become more responsible and change his lifestyle to fit into the conditions that being in marriage has to offer.

Your wife may have overreacted especially by accusing you of an affair, but you should apologize to her too.

A married man, that has a wife and kids he's responsible for, has a home of which he is the maintainer and protector shouldn't be seen staying out so late.

If you want to hang out with friends, do so occasionally and set a responsible time to it. If you want to extend it cause you miss it or desire the fun so much, then you must discuss that with your wife and she must show her understanding and approval before you do it. And it mustn't be frequent or too much.

So that's my little take and this is according to my little wisdom.

Respect sir for ur wisdom. I don't stay out late and the only time am out late is because of official duties wish my wife is aware of. But hanging out with my friends is something I do ones in a blue moon. Those my pals I hanged out with; I haven't hang out like that with them for about 9 years now. We just called each other and decided to hook up for old time sake. Respect.
Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by destiny4luv(m): 12:08pm On Jun 27, 2021
Rozcol:
You are a confused married man and no responsible man stay out that long for no justifiable reason and expect to be welcomed with an open mind by his wife,you are selfish and manipulative,obviously you wife has fallen deep into your manipulative prowess. Remember Chidinma and Usifos case ooo in case you want to be a sugar daddy.

U are still a baby, read comprehensively with understanding before commenting. Cheers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by Saintmary(f): 12:11pm On Jun 27, 2021
destiny4luv:

Tales of a confused husband.
Your wife is the one that can't manage crises.
Just work out a separate night out for each of you per week and everyone wins.

3 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by olril17(m): 12:14pm On Jun 27, 2021
destiny4luv:

U are still a baby, read comprehensively with understanding before commenting. Cheers.
don't mind him..stupvid SIMPs commenting rubbish up and down
Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by LadySarah: 12:14pm On Jun 27, 2021
If you want to hook up,inform your wife other times you all hook up with ur partners or do you think women don't miss singlehood too?You think we want to babysit all day while thee men enjoy themselves?

Stop this nonsense pity party and go apologize to ur wife

8 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by Uyi168: 12:40pm On Jun 27, 2021
AngelicDamsel:
Will you be happy if your wife hangs out with her friends till 11pm, all in the name of hangouts. Op, let's face the fact, most women would react the same way your wife did.

What were you expecting? just come home that late and she should pat your back for a job well done.

Hangout, hangout.....Naso e dey start!

Apologize to your wife for such an irresponsible act. You owe her an apology, seriously!

I know many men who respect their wives and would not stay up late for whatever reason. You see them rushing home to honour their matrimonial obligation.

11pm.......... is irresponsible.

That's why small girls slaughter them like chicken.
Shut up.
Slaughter kee you there.
Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by crackhaus: 1:55pm On Jun 27, 2021
mariahAngel:
Op, your wife loves you very much.
No woman who loves her husband will go to sleep while her husband is still out so late at night.
So, however your wife reacted, it was out of love. She was being protective of you.

The moment you came home late to her, she was no longer your wife, but your mother.
If she hadn't scolded you, she wouldn't have been calm, so don't take it to heart.
She loves you very much. And was probably a bit jealous that you chose to stay out so late to hang with friends instead of her, while she missed you.
Did you at least get her something on your way back to pacify her?
Lmao...

The man wey go marry you will have a lot of work cut out for him ehn.
If you don't nag him to death, nothing else will be able to kill him in this world. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by mariahAngel(f): 1:57pm On Jun 27, 2021
The disrespect to the poster is uncalled for.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hilarious Family Memes To Spice Up Your Day / What Position Are You In Your Family? / How Do I Make People Stop Addressing Me This Way?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.