Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Disenfranchised Anambra PDP Delegates: "A Coup Against Maduka, Mockery Of Democr - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Disenfranchised Anambra PDP Delegates: "A Coup Against Maduka, Mockery Of Democr (25759 Views)

Dino Melaye Meets PDP Delegates From Kogi Central, East And West (Photos) / Atiku Hosts Maduka In Abuja Ahead Of Anambra PDP Primaries (Video, Pics) / How INEC Disenfranchised Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disenfranchised Anambra PDP Delegates: "A Coup Against Maduka, Mockery Of Democr by GLeesMODEL(m): 12:20pm On Jun 27, 2021
Disenfranchised Anambra PDP Delegates: "Guber Primary, A Coup Against Maduka, Mockery Of Democracy"

Majority of delegates disenfranchised by the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP in Anambra State for the party’s governorship primary, which took place on Saturday, June 26, have taken a swipe at the party leadership, lamenting that the exercise was undemocratic and “a coup” against one of the leading governorship aspirant, Dr. Godwin Maduka.

Most of the delegates who spoke to our reporter said they preferred to vote for Maduka before the PDP leadership suddenly changed the rules of the primary midway in the contest.

“I was set to cast my vote for Dr. Godwin Maduka at the primary before suddenly like a coup against him, the elected party delegates were withdrawn from taking part in the Primary.

“It is unfortunate that the PDP has not divorced itself from such undemocratic practices and political roguery which has always been its undoing. It’s very unfortunate” said Chris Ezeuogo, one of the elected delegates from Aniocha Local government.

Maduka seems to have found favour and acceptance from most of the elected delegates across the party in the State ahead of the June 26, 2021 governorship primary won by Valentine Ozigbo.

But the national leadership of the PDP threw spanners in the works for the medical doctor cum politician, when few hours to the governorship Primary, it changed the rules, and excluded over 3,000 elected ad hoc and statutory delegates from the process. Which also involves changing the list 3 times in 24 hours before the guber primary election.

Citing Court orders, the party by the decision, left only serving and former public office holders belonging to the party to choose its governorship candidate for the November 6, 2021 governorship election.

By the exclusion of 94% of the delegates (over 3,000), only 6% of the delegates (about 29) choose the candidate of the party, an act which put to question the democratic credentials of the PDP, and may further divide the party ahead of the governorship election.

According to some of the disenfranchised delegates, the process was a deliberate attempt to deny Maduka, one of the astute guber aspirants in the party, the opportunity to become the governorship flag-bearer of the party.

It was observed that Maduka’s level of acceptance among the party executives, and the elected delegates had soared because of his commitment to the party and close relationship with party faithful, members and the delegates.

Another disenfranchised delegate, Kenneth Odili from Ekwusigo Local government said Maduka is the only governorship aspirant who has done so much for the PDP in Anambra State.

He said “At a time this party was almost dead, this man revived the party. He is always ready to assist the party at any time. He never hesitated. He had donated vehicles to all the local government chapters of the party. He had also donated huge funds to the party on several occasions, particularly many times the party had gone into financial distress. He was like the messiah of the party.

“This and among other things endeared him to the party delegates, who wanted to use their votes to reward the Orumba born politician.

Chief Ugonabor Omemba, another party delegate was furious with his disenfranchisement as a delegate.

He said the PDP has "dug its political grave by the grievous way it elected its governorship flagbearer"

His words “ “The PDP in Anambra state has goofed. They have begun the process of losing the governorship election on November 6 by not choosing Dr Maduka. He is the only aspirant with the political muscle and financial stamina to match Obiano, Soludo and APGA and the APC.

"He is acceptable across the state and very popular. We needed such a candidate who would have give APGA and APC a run for their money in the governorship election.

Chief Omemba advised Dr. Maduka to leave the PDP for another political party to further his guber ambition.

“I call on Dr. Maduka to leave the PDP and choose another political party. I and other disenfranchised delegates and many of our members in the PDP, who are unhappy with this undemocratic practice, are willing to go with him to any part of his choice.

https://www.anambraupdate.com/2021/06/disenfranchised-anambra-pdp-delegates.html?m=1

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Disenfranchised Anambra PDP Delegates: "A Coup Against Maduka, Mockery Of Democr by GLeesMODEL(m): 12:21pm On Jun 27, 2021
More
Re: Disenfranchised Anambra PDP Delegates: "A Coup Against Maduka, Mockery Of Democr by Cholls(m): 12:22pm On Jun 27, 2021

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disenfranchised Anambra PDP Delegates: "A Coup Against Maduka, Mockery Of Democr by Lamasta(m): 12:24pm On Jun 27, 2021
He just have to move on and learn his lesson...
On a serious note this maduka is one candidate I project to give our amiable Prof Soludo a run for his money but as the people deceiving people will have it they voted him out of the way....

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Disenfranchised Anambra PDP Delegates: "A Coup Against Maduka, Mockery Of Democr by Commentor: 12:28pm On Jun 27, 2021
So you mean this Doctor who has made several nairaland threads since 2018 got primaried?

grin

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Disenfranchised Anambra PDP Delegates: "A Coup Against Maduka, Mockery Of Democr by donbachi(m): 12:32pm On Jun 27, 2021
After building hospital and making Life soft for them..they still betrayed him.

103 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Disenfranchised Anambra PDP Delegates: "A Coup Against Maduka, Mockery Of Democr by laiperi: 12:33pm On Jun 27, 2021
Regardless of parties, Nigerians do not elect Activists.

They prefer chronic looters and Vagabonds.

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Disenfranchised Anambra PDP Delegates: "A Coup Against Maduka, Mockery Of Democr by Tinubuadvocate: 12:34pm On Jun 27, 2021
Go back to your profession. I warned you then.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Disenfranchised Anambra PDP Delegates: "A Coup Against Maduka, Mockery Of Democr by techWriter2: 1:06pm On Jun 27, 2021
After building inpatient and making Life soft for them they still betrayed him

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Disenfranchised Anambra PDP Delegates: "A Coup Against Maduka, Mockery Of Democr by Commentor: 1:06pm On Jun 27, 2021
Mynd44 lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Disenfranchised Anambra PDP Delegates: "A Coup Against Maduka, Mockery Of Democr by vibre: 1:33pm On Jun 27, 2021
GLeesMODEL:
More
You didn't even put source for your story
Re: Disenfranchised Anambra PDP Delegates: "A Coup Against Maduka, Mockery Of Democr by kalu61(m): 1:39pm On Jun 27, 2021
When you brought this man notice on Nairaland, l told you people not to deceive this innocent dollar bag man but you (Alexreport too him to the cleaner) with your media campaign. Now, you people wants to make the man feel like, he didn't waste his money on the wrong people but the system was simply rigged.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Disenfranchised Anambra PDP Delegates: "A Coup Against Maduka, Mockery Of Democr by OBALOLA55(m): 1:51pm On Jun 27, 2021
laiperi:
Regardless of parties, Nigerians do not elect Activists.

They prefer chronic looters and Vagabonds.
I BE CONFIRM IGBO MAN AND I CAN CATEGORICALLY TELL YOU THAT IGBOS DON’T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT POLITICS

HOW CAN A REASONABLE HUMAN BEING SUPPORT SOLUDO

IS IT BECAUSE HE IS A PROFESSIOR

THERE’S A LOT TO LEARN FROM PROFESSOR AYADE’S GOVERNMENT BUT ITS QUITE UNFORTUNATE THAT MY PEOPLE DON’T THINK.

VERY VERY UNFORTUNATE cry

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Disenfranchised Anambra PDP Delegates: "A Coup Against Maduka, Mockery Of Democr by Monogamy: 1:56pm On Jun 27, 2021
This is not funny oo..

So Maduka's ambition for Anambra governorship don end be that

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disenfranchised Anambra PDP Delegates: "A Coup Against Maduka, Mockery Of Democr by Monogamy: 2:00pm On Jun 27, 2021
1020twenty:
[s][/s]

Guy, na today I go begin to fear you more.. So you don carry your whinching supporting to affect Maduka's ambition as usual..

Why be say 80% of what you support are always DBA?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disenfranchised Anambra PDP Delegates: "A Coup Against Maduka, Mockery Of Democr by Monogamy: 2:04pm On Jun 27, 2021
1020twenty:
[s][/s]
sorry what are you saying?

Let's rule nairaland together
join me

Number one reason I can never have anything to do with you in the first place is because 80% of what you have been supporting are doom.

I don't associate with people with so much lose in supporting.. Where is the progress now.. 80%

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Disenfranchised Anambra PDP Delegates: "A Coup Against Maduka, Mockery Of Democr by OBALOLA55(m): 2:06pm On Jun 27, 2021
kalu61:
When you brought this man notice on Nairaland, l told you people not to deceive this innocent dollar bag man but you (Alexreport too him to the cleaner) with your media campaign. Now, you people wants to make the man feel like, he didn't waste his money on the wrong people but the system was simply rigged.
HE WAS RIGGED OUT MAIGIDA

6 Likes

Re: Disenfranchised Anambra PDP Delegates: "A Coup Against Maduka, Mockery Of Democr by Commentor: 2:13pm On Jun 27, 2021
1020twenty:
[s][/s]
I don't know what you're saying
I am the gbegile master
join me let's rule hell

Shatap.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disenfranchised Anambra PDP Delegates: "A Coup Against Maduka, Mockery Of Democr by Jackson105: 2:15pm On Jun 27, 2021
APC is taking Anambra state this time.

Pigs Should not quote me please

11 Likes

Re: Disenfranchised Anambra PDP Delegates: "A Coup Against Maduka, Mockery Of Democr by osuofia2(m): 2:15pm On Jun 27, 2021
Anambra and PDP just made a mockery of itself by doing Kangaroo primaries thereby handing over the elections to Thief Soludo faking economists. This a chance of them electing a credible technocrats that would have change the fortunes of Anambra. Even here in the North we wished Maduka had won but na ndi Iyamiri problem

9 Likes

Re: Disenfranchised Anambra PDP Delegates: "A Coup Against Maduka, Mockery Of Democr by deltaboyo1: 2:16pm On Jun 27, 2021
Add up WhatsApp TV post funny videos and photos

1 Like

Re: Disenfranchised Anambra PDP Delegates: "A Coup Against Maduka, Mockery Of Democr by allen113: 2:18pm On Jun 27, 2021
oga carry yourself go back your US, go face your hospital business, maybe 2028 u comeback and try again

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Travellers Stranded On Maiduguri-Damaturu Highway As Boko Haram Attacks Military / Peter Obi Campaigns For Afam Ogene In Ogbaru LGA Of Anambra / Governor Ajimobi Celebrates Bola Tinubu On His 66th Birthday (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.