Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

But Why Was The Ressurection Not Made In Public - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / But Why Was The Ressurection Not Made In Public (186 Views)

I Am The Ressurection And The Life, No Man Cometh Unto The Father But Me / The Key To Be Eligible For Ressurection To Live Forever Like Jesus Christ / Funeral Home Denies Involvement In Alleged Ressurection Of Man By A Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

But Why Was The Ressurection Not Made In Public by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 27, 2021
The crucifixion was in public but why was the resurrection not made in Public

Re: But Why Was The Ressurection Not Made In Public by Dtruthspeaker: 2:42pm On Jun 27, 2021
ThePlainTruth:
The crucifixion was in public but why was the resurrection not made Public

When examination answers leak out, the exam shall be cancelled.

The Test of True faithfulness and Trust is Out-of-Sightness!
Re: But Why Was The Ressurection Not Made In Public by truespeak: 2:44pm On Jun 27, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

When examination answers leak out, the exam shall be cancelled.

The Test of True faithfulness and Trust is Out-of-Sightness!

You took the words right out of my mouth! cheesy
Re: But Why Was The Ressurection Not Made In Public by Kobojunkie: 2:47pm On Jun 27, 2021
ThePlainTruth:
The crucifixion was in public but why was the resurrection not made in Public
How do you imagine that it could have been made more public than it was in this case? undecided

I mean he was buried the very only hours after his death... just as the Sabbath was beginning. Do you think an event should have been set for the day after the Sabbath and people invited to come watch the body of Jesus Christ or something? undecided
Re: But Why Was The Ressurection Not Made In Public by Dtruthspeaker: 2:50pm On Jun 27, 2021
truespeak:

You took the words right out of my mouth! cheesy

Oh! grin
Re: But Why Was The Ressurection Not Made In Public by xproducer: 4:56pm On Jun 27, 2021
To make something public is to publicize the thing in question, or to "make known" or "announce" or "report" or "communicate" to third parties and so on.

Not only has the Lord JESUS' resurrection been publicized from that time to the present day (increasingly so), The Lord JESUS appeared to many in confirmation -

"...He appeared first to Mary Magdalene..." - Mark 16:9

"...He appeared in another form..." to two of His disciples - Mark 16:12

"Later He appeared to the eleven as they sat at the table; and He rebuked their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they did not believe those who had seen Him after He had risen." - Mark 16:14

"And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!” Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.” And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." - John 20:26-29

"But God raised Him from the dead. He was seen for many days by those who came up with Him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are His witnesses to the people." - Acts 13: 30-31

"For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve. After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep. After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles. Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time." - 1 Corinthians 15:3-8

So, @ "theplaintruth" - what are you talking about??
Re: But Why Was The Ressurection Not Made In Public by DappaD: 5:27pm On Jun 27, 2021
OP that’s a very good observation. The simple answer to your question is stated at John 14:19 where Jesus said:
Yet a little while and the world will see me no more, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live.

After his resurrection, he restricted his appearance only to his disciples. See John 21:1
But the world in general, including the Jews who persecuted him to the point of death, weren’t able to see him after his resurrection.

That’s why the two angels said his return would be in like manner(Acts 1:11) i.e. it wouldn’t be publicly announced and noticed by the world but only his disciples would be able to understand the signs of his presence. Matthew 24:3
Re: But Why Was The Ressurection Not Made In Public by Zaheertyler(m): 5:39pm On Jun 27, 2021
He didn’t die... obviously he was badly injured but the people were suprised and saw it as a miracle
He died still because the injuries were too much to heal from
The people who created religion exaggerated the story

(1) (Reply)

Fire Outbreak At Synagogue Church As TB Joshua Is Laid To Rest / Young Man Rain Money On His Pastor In Church / New Creature In Christ I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.