Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,857 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Zamfara Governor, Matawalle Has Defected To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zamfara Governor, Matawalle Has Defected To APC (1017 Views)

Doyin Okupe Debunks Rumours That He Has Defected To The PDP. / Oyo 2022: Rauf Olaniyan Has Defected To APC / Zamfara Governor, Matawalle Visits Tinubu (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zamfara Governor, Matawalle Has Defected To APC by SATANICALLY: 3:19pm On Jun 27, 2021
Governor Bello Matawalle of Zamfara State has finally defected from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressives Congress (APC), according to Presidential aide, Bashir Ahmad.

Daily Trust had reported how the governor has been making moves to join the ruling party.

Two weeks ago, a top ally of the governor had told Daily Trust that barring any last minute change, Matawalle would join APC before the end of June.

In a Facebook post on Sunday, Ahmad wrote: “So Zamfara is back home, Welcome Matawalle.”

Matawalle has been silent on his defection moves although his body language shows he is on his way out of the opposition party.

A party source told Daily Trust that plans are in top gear to formally welcome Matawalle to the APC on Tuesday.

“On Tuesday, a reception would be held in Gusau to formally welcome Governor Matawalle to the APC,” the source said.

The Zamfara governor has avoided PDP gatherings of late.

Two weeks ago, when PDP governors in company of Uche Secondus, the party’s national chairman, stormed Uyo, Akwa Ibom capital, for a meeting, the Zamfara governor was conspicuously absent.

He sent his deputy to represent him.

When PDP governors also welcomed former Governor Donald Duke of Cross River State to the party from the Social Democratic Party (SDP), Matawalle also sent his deputy to represent him.

Matawalle became governor after the Supreme Court ruled on the internal squabble that rocked the APC in 2019.

The court had annulled the votes of the APC in the 2019 elections on the grounds that the party was not eligible to field candidates over its inability to conduct primaries.

https://dailytrust.com/gov-matawalle-has-defected-to-apc-buharis-aide-claims

Re: Zamfara Governor, Matawalle Has Defected To APC by MadamVanessa(f): 3:21pm On Jun 27, 2021
A = assembly of

P= professional

C= criminals

Rag tag idiots.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zamfara Governor, Matawalle Has Defected To APC by Eriokanmi: 3:23pm On Jun 27, 2021
Finally . I saw it coming grin my prediction about these people is always right. The next one in line is one governor from the north east. He's still consulting.
Re: Zamfara Governor, Matawalle Has Defected To APC by tunderay(m): 3:35pm On Jun 27, 2021
I detest politicians defecting to another party after election, but on this Zamfara , he got his mandate on a platter of gold, and I'm not surprised a bit .

How many PDP governors do we have now? most of them are not with PDP, they wine and dine with their APC colleagues, and i don't blame them, the leadership of PDP is not proactive enough, where is their spokesman? how I wish they have a Lai Muhammed , he did a great job as opposition mouth piece prior 2015 election. we will witness more defections ahead of the 2023 general election for sure .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zamfara Governor, Matawalle Has Defected To APC by Monogamy: 3:35pm On Jun 27, 2021
That shouldn't be a news
Re: Zamfara Governor, Matawalle Has Defected To APC by deboysben(m): 3:58pm On Jun 27, 2021
I blamed leadership of PDP.

Secondus is the worst PDP chairman.
PDP is not going anywhere in 2023 with this hand.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zamfara Governor, Matawalle Has Defected To APC by ordainbuzz(m): 10:29pm On Jun 27, 2021
The Activities of Apc in Nigeria is suspect
Re: Zamfara Governor, Matawalle Has Defected To APC by helinuesIsaMumu: 3:07am On Jun 28, 2021
No surprises here. Zamfara is a bandit ravaged hell hole, so no shaking
Re: Zamfara Governor, Matawalle Has Defected To APC by FunnyJosh: 3:37am On Jun 28, 2021
Old story
Re: Zamfara Governor, Matawalle Has Defected To APC by Maxymilliano(m): 5:37am On Jun 28, 2021
See Abacha look-alike

I just pray his defection will reduce the high cost of food stuff in the market.

Next story please!
Re: Zamfara Governor, Matawalle Has Defected To APC by Unigrad: 6:34am On Jun 28, 2021
Safeguarding his political interest. At the end of the day, he will say his defection is for the good of the state and his people.

(1) (Reply)

I'm Happy About Ipob Lockdown In SE It Will Mean More Money In SS / Gov Of Nasarawa Adorns Tinubu Special Cap / Senate Refused The Manufacturing Of Electric Cars In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.