Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

A Sad Story About Injustice In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Sad Story About Injustice In Nigeria (441 Views)

Bukola Saraki: Secession Agitations Fuelled By High Injustice In Nigeria / Chika Nwoba: Umahi’s Complaints About Injustice In PDP Laughable / Rochas Okorocha Speaks On Edo Election Outcome And Injustice In APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Sad Story About Injustice In Nigeria by jashir: 8:14am On Jun 28, 2021
I am angry and sad as I write this. I simply don't understand what is happening in Nigeria anymore. How can elected officers connive with Benin Republic to take over the territory of the country they are elect in? I simply don't understand. How can elected officials work with foreign powers to take over the very constituency they are elected from? I am simply perplexed!

The people of Yewa North in Ogun state have been asking and begging for help from the state government for a while now because amongst other evils, the government of Benin Republic have been silently encroaching into their land and taking over their farmlands. These people have reached out to all government agencies and ministries involved in the matter but to no avail. Things came to a head in April this year when the people staged a peaceful protest to expel the beninoise security agents occupying their land which was partly successful.
Talks are still going on to resolve the issue as I write and there is a scheduled House of Assembly hearing on the matter very soon. However there are clear indications that some members of Ogun State house of assembly, some persons in the state executive government, some traditional leaders and some persons in the agency in-charge of border affairs are profiting from the incursion of Benin Republic into Nigerian territory hence the restrained response from the government.

Last Thursday, one of the missionaries in the community was arrested by the Beninoise security forces on the pretense that he built a school without Benin Republic's government approval. The school in question is built on Nigerian and has been visited a couple of times in the past by the Ogun State ministry of education officials which is proof that this was just a thumped-up charge. The missionary was arrested in an open market that belongs to Ogun state and under the law, I don't even think foreign security agencies can arrest the citizen of another country without the involving the security agencies of the country. From reports and what the agents said, the real reason for his arrest was his involvement in the April protest to stop the encroachment after which he gave a newspaper interview to talk about the degradation and dehumanization that is going on in the community. ([url]https://punchng.com/were-blessed-with-large-deposits-of-oil-gold-but-we-fetch-potable-water-from-benin-republic/#:~:text=An%20indigene%20of%20Igbokofi%2C%20a%20border%20town%20in,land%2C%20Yewa-North%20Local%20Government%20Area%20of%20Ogun%20State.[/url])

According to information reaching us, there is a plan to charge him to court today. I have refrained from mentioning names because there is still time for those involved to redeem their image but I just want to plead with the relevant authorities do the needful to stop this national embarrassment. This is simply shameful.
Re: A Sad Story About Injustice In Nigeria by Ifearnoevil: 8:31am On Jun 28, 2021
Eeeehe
So another Bakassi is ongoing in South West and nobody is talking about it.
If not for Igboho, nobody would have known about the atrocities of the fulani herdsmen in the south west.
Dear South West, what other maladies are you people covering and pretending all is well with Nigeria.
Re: A Sad Story About Injustice In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 28, 2021
Nigeria is seriously divided in dis period, foreign countries can see that and they would naturally try to take advantage of it
Re: A Sad Story About Injustice In Nigeria by jashir: 12:29pm On Jun 28, 2021
LordVoldermort:
Nigeria is seriously divided in dis period, foreign countries can see that and they would naturally try to take advantage of it

You would not believe what is happening and no one is talking about it.
Re: A Sad Story About Injustice In Nigeria by jashir: 9:14pm On Jun 30, 2021
An Update
It was good news to hear that the Ogun State House of Assembly ordered the release of Mr Kunle Garb Today. Please let's continue to create awareness about this.

https://radionigeriaibadan.gov.ng/2021/06/30/ogha-seeks-urgent-release-of-nigerian-activist-by-beninnoise-govt/

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Appears Before Abuja Court After Re-arrest / The Integrity Of President Muhammadu Buhari / APC Senator Commissions Airtel Mast In Osun As Community Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.