Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,684 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Again, Abuja- Kaduna Train Breaks Down In Bush - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Again, Abuja- Kaduna Train Breaks Down In Bush (579 Views)

Passengers Abandoned In Bush Since Monday Morning As Kano-lagos Train Breaks Dow / Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse / Kaduna-Abuja Train Breaks Down In Bush By 2am, Stranded Passengers Cry Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Again, Abuja- Kaduna Train Breaks Down In Bush by adenigga(m): 11:41am On Jun 28, 2021
For the umpteenth time, hundreds of passengers on the Abuja-Kaduna train service were again stranded in the bush after the train developed a fault minutes after leaving Rigasa station in Kaduna state.

A passenger claimed that the train had initially stopped twice before it finally broke down in Dutse, Kaduna state around 7am.

The Managing Director of the Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) Fidelis Okhiria who confirmed the incident to the Guardian said the train broke down as a result of engine failure but said a relief engine has taken over.

The MD in a text said “Engine failure, but a relief engine has taking over.”

The Minister of Transportation Rotimi Amaechi last year had assured that locomotives on the Abuja-Kaduna rail route that have broken down up to two times will be returned to China.

He said, “It is worrisome that these locomotives that are brand new are failing,” Amaechi said during an inspection in Lagos.

He explained that the locomotives have a warranty that covers them for over four years, adding that the government was considering returning them to China.

However, passengers have continued to lament the rigours of travelling on the route as breakdowns of the locomotive leave them stranded for hours.

A passenger lamented “I left my house as early as 5:am to join the 6:40 am train but unfortunately I have been trapped here in this forest. This is not the first time I will be experiencing this mess,” he said.

Another passenger said he had a similar experience on Saturday, saying they spent five hours to get to Abuja.

“This is unfortunate. On Saturday, we spent five hours from Abuja to Kaduna. We left Abuja at 6:pm but we did not get to Kaduna until 11:pm,” he said.

An NRC engineer, who addressed the passengers, told them that it would take them two hours to fix the train.

“We are very sorry, the locomotive is faulty. We have contacted the Idu Train Station for another locomotive. It would take them two hours to be here,” he said.
Source: https://guardian.ng/Again-Abuja-Kaduna-train-breaks-down-in-bush

Re: Again, Abuja- Kaduna Train Breaks Down In Bush by dawnomike(m): 11:42am On Jun 28, 2021
adenigga:
For the umpteenth time, hundreds of passengers on the Abuja-Kaduna train service were again stranded in the bush after the train developed a fault minutes after leaving Rigasa station in Kaduna state.

A passenger claimed that the train had initially stopped twice before it finally broke down in Dutse, Kaduna state around 7am.

The Managing Director of the Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) Fidelis Okhiria who confirmed the incident to the Guardian said the train broke down as a result of engine failure but said a relief engine has taken over.

The MD in a text said “Engine failure, but a relief engine has taking over.”

The Minister of Transportation engine Rotimi Amaechi last year had assured that locomotives on the Abuja-Kaduna rail route that have broken down up to two times will be returned to China.

He said, “It is worrisome that these locomotives that are brand new are failing,” Amaechi said during an inspection in Lagos.

He explained that the locomotives have a warranty that covers them for over four years, adding that the government was considering returning them to China.

However, passengers have continued to lament the rigours of travelling on the route as breakdowns of the locomotive leave them stranded for hours.

A passenger lamented “I left my house as early as 5:am to join the 6:40 am train but unfortunately I have been trapped here in this forest. This is not the first time I will be experiencing this mess,” he said.

Another passenger said he had a similar experience on Saturday, saying they spent five hours to get to Abuja.

“This is unfortunate. On Saturday, we spent five hours from Abuja to Kaduna. We left Abuja at 6:pm but we did not get to Kaduna until 11:pm,” he said.

An NRC engineer, who addressed the passengers, told them that it would take them two hours to fix the train.

“We are very sorry, the locomotive is faulty. We have contacted the Idu Train Station for another locomotive. It would take them two hours to be here,” he said.
Source: https://guardian.ng/Again-Abuja-Kaduna-train-breaks-down-in-bush
This is fast becoming a shameful occurrence

1 Like

Re: Again, Abuja- Kaduna Train Breaks Down In Bush by moriss33(m): 11:46am On Jun 28, 2021
Not surprised....nothing really works in this country

1 Like

Re: Again, Abuja- Kaduna Train Breaks Down In Bush by updatechange(m): 11:47am On Jun 28, 2021
Them swear for them !
Re: Again, Abuja- Kaduna Train Breaks Down In Bush by adenigga(m): 11:49am On Jun 28, 2021
updatechange:
Them swear for them !

Nigeria situation among the comity of Nations.....

Re: Again, Abuja- Kaduna Train Breaks Down In Bush by DDDEnterprises: 11:50am On Jun 28, 2021
When we thought we were making a breakthrough in another field. So na second hand break through abi wetin?
Re: Again, Abuja- Kaduna Train Breaks Down In Bush by November1857(m): 12:03pm On Jun 28, 2021
China and substandard product are like 5&6!
Re: Again, Abuja- Kaduna Train Breaks Down In Bush by nrexzy: 12:21pm On Jun 28, 2021
Once its China it's fake

(1) (Reply)

Exploring Ado Awaye And Iyake Lake - The Only Suspended Lake In Africa / Should I Extend My Pof? / Spain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.