Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,844 members, 7,817,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

World Not Ready To Absorb 240 Million Nigerians If Nigeria Collapse, UN Warns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Not Ready To Absorb 240 Million Nigerians If Nigeria Collapse, UN Warns (414 Views)

Petrol Hits ₦‎800 As 240 Million-Litre Vessels Arrive / Ezeife: Ndigbo Will Cease To Be Nigerians If Denied 2023 Presidency / Nigeria Collapse Imminent As Rise Of Biafra Inevitable – Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Not Ready To Absorb 240 Million Nigerians If Nigeria Collapse, UN Warns by Okoyeaniche(m): 12:09pm On Jun 29, 2021
The United Nations has cautioned youths not to work against the country's interests, warning that if Nigeria collapses, the world will be unable to welcome 240 million Nigerians as migrants.

Mrs. Amina Mohammed, the UN's Deputy Secretary-General, said this in a statement signed by Oluseyi Soremekun, the UN's National Information Officer for Nigeria.

She warned Nigerian youths to start constructing the country with their God-given abilities and talents rather than glamouring for division that is capable of igniting a war.

She spoke against the backdrop of the role of youths in the #EndSARS protests, which turned violent after being hijacked by hoodlums, as well as young Nigerians' social media attacks on the country.

Her statement, titled “Be proud of Nigeria, don’t condemn her, don’t lose hope”, read;

“You have got education, you have the tools, and you have a huge future ahead of you, and you are condemning yourself before you start on that journey.

“Do not do that! Be proud of Nigeria your country; do not condemn her and do not lose hope.

“If you think Nigeria is worse than better, then how are you going to turn it around? If you do not want to build this nation, I do not know where you want to go.

“I can assure you the world is not ready to take 240 million Nigerians. Therefore, let’s...READ MORE

1 Share

Re: World Not Ready To Absorb 240 Million Nigerians If Nigeria Collapse, UN Warns by nyiamfrank: 12:10pm On Jun 29, 2021
Another Otellectual has displayed her otellectuality. Nigeria has jaggared. We will live here in our separate countries. We don't want asylum, we want to be citizens of Biafra and Oduduwa nations. Be warned!

2 Likes

Re: World Not Ready To Absorb 240 Million Nigerians If Nigeria Collapse, UN Warns by illicit(m): 12:11pm On Jun 29, 2021
shocked
Re: World Not Ready To Absorb 240 Million Nigerians If Nigeria Collapse, UN Warns by banom(m): 12:12pm On Jun 29, 2021
Mtcheeew , I thought it was a real UN that said something. I don't know is one quota system product fulani woman who needs Nigeria to continue existing so that her fulani people will conquer Nigerians and takeover lands belonging to indigenous people.

Madam a call for self determination is not a call for war. Am Sure if the Fulanis had indigenous land they will not allow a foreigner to come and take over their land and rule them . But that's exactly what the Fulanis are currently doing to the Hausas and plan to do the rest of Nigerians...that's why they need Nigeria to continue existing.

Finally, madam, we will gladly accept and fight that war and even die than to live in the same country with you blood thirsty fulani people.

Stay on your own, and I stay on my own... is there anything wrong with that ?

3 Likes

Re: World Not Ready To Absorb 240 Million Nigerians If Nigeria Collapse, UN Warns by donbachi(m): 12:12pm On Jun 29, 2021
China will.
Re: World Not Ready To Absorb 240 Million Nigerians If Nigeria Collapse, UN Warns by richmond500: 12:15pm On Jun 29, 2021
She no lie, if the country falls into war, u will understand what xenophobia really is
Re: World Not Ready To Absorb 240 Million Nigerians If Nigeria Collapse, UN Warns by 360degreess(m): 12:19pm On Jun 29, 2021
The dot Nationals will suffer most because they don't like staying in their region.
Re: World Not Ready To Absorb 240 Million Nigerians If Nigeria Collapse, UN Warns by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 29, 2021
That's why Buhari appointed Amina Mohammed as UN deputy secretary to be saying nonsense...

Are you Northerners not ashamed of yourself the kind of nonsense you say...

Which youth is she talking about, Nigeria future is filled with old people who are older than the country...

Someone Should tell me what Buhari and Tinibu should be doing in government, this People are old enough to be taking care of by their kids...
Re: World Not Ready To Absorb 240 Million Nigerians If Nigeria Collapse, UN Warns by tellmemore15: 2:12pm On Jun 29, 2021
So what is this person saying , that we should allow ourselves to be killed, raped and ravaged because we want to be one. Haven't you heard of stay your own I stay my own? Must we fight war, even couples divorce without fights how much more a country of people who have little in common trying to live together.

The world should know that Nigeria's matter is an issue of "pikin we no want him mama sleep, him self no go sleep".

We are tired of being a shame to the world, we want restructuring, or worse off peaceful division or last last division by war

1 Like

Re: World Not Ready To Absorb 240 Million Nigerians If Nigeria Collapse, UN Warns by Mossadd: 2:54pm On Jun 29, 2021
I will rather die fighting for yorubaland than to become a refugee in another another country

(1) (Reply)

Missing Person: Achiaba Onyinye Peace / Fact Check: Why Has Reno Omokiri Gone Quiet? / Brenda Ataga, Super TV Ceo's Wife Demand N1 Billion Defamation From Naijaloaded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.