Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,974 members, 7,828,443 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Can I Live Comfortably In South Africa? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can I Live Comfortably In South Africa? (2144 Views)

With 12m Naira, Can I Travel And Start Life Comfortably In Australia? / Cows Sitting And Relaxing Comfortably On The Road. Man Shares Video, Laments / Lady Slammed For Paying For Her Kids To Sit Comfortably In A Bus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Live Comfortably In South Africa? by TheOldGods: 1:12pm On Jun 29, 2021
I want to travel out of Nigeria, and the most reason is lack of electricity, high fuel price and expensive data. Reason is because I am a freelancer. An animator. I make on an average of 1700$ a month before covid19 now, I hardly make upto 1000$. It is getting worse day by day due to lack of electricity. Animation is time consuming.

I want to shift from Nigeria a little to know where my problem is coming from. I recently had a friend who travels from abroad with just 500$ to Naija, although she is squatting with friends. I don't want that to be my case, just an exaggeration.

I want to know if South Africa will be okay to travel to, with a monthly income at 500$ a month for now until covid gets off then I can resume earning more than 2000$ a month. How much is house rent? Will it make more sense earning in dollar's and converting it in South Africa,? Like how much can 500$ get you there. I need your opinions please before I commit suicide in this country. I can't bare it.
Re: Can I Live Comfortably In South Africa? by nosagold(m): 7:22pm On Jun 29, 2021
TheOldGods:
I want to travel out of Nigeria, and the most reason is lack of electricity, high fuel price and expensive data. Reason is because I am a freelancer. An animator. I make on an average of 1700$ a month before covid19 now, I hardly make upto 1000$. It is getting worse day by day due to lack of electricity. Animation is time consuming.

I want to shift from Nigeria a little to know where my problem is coming from. I recently had a friend who travels from abroad with just 500$ to Naija, although she is squatting with friends. I don't want that to be my case, just an exaggeration.

I want to know if South Africa will be okay to travel to, with a monthly income at 500$ a month for now until covid gets off then I can resume earning more than 2000$ a month. How much is house rent? Will it make more sense earning in dollar's and converting it in South Africa,? Like how much can 500$ get you there. I need your opinions please before I commit suicide in this country. I can't bare it.

Commit suicide because you’re earning a thousand dollars? Brother come on
Re: Can I Live Comfortably In South Africa? by TheOldGods: 7:46pm On Jun 29, 2021
nosagold:

Commit suicide because you’re earning a thousand dollars? Brother come on
not because of that. Nigeria is driving me crazy
Re: Can I Live Comfortably In South Africa? by DrOA: 8:45pm On Jun 29, 2021
There are many factors that will decide if your $500 will be enough to sustain you. The amount is around plus or minus R7000 if am right
1. Accommodation alone can gulp the whole income in some location.
2. Cheaper accommodation in some locations will accommodate you with less than than. Some areas may be R3000 per room for you. Then you can buy your electricity, data and feed yourself with left over. Your lifestyle will determine if these can work with you!

1 Like

Re: Can I Live Comfortably In South Africa? by Blurpy: 7:06am On Jun 30, 2021
I feel your pain.
You can consider Ghana or even Cotonou sef, you'll enjoy electricity and stability there too as it's easier to migrate and cheaper than SA.
Re: Can I Live Comfortably In South Africa? by Limassol(m): 12:52pm On Jun 30, 2021
South Africa may be better than Nigeria but overall it is not a sought after country to immigrants for obvious reasons. Since you are gainfully employed i suggest European countries, almost everything is fixed and the system works. From relatively cheap western countries like Portugal and Spain to Eastern ones like Czech republic and Poland. Give it a good a shot.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Live Comfortably In South Africa? by Greatdand007(m): 4:32pm On Jun 30, 2021
TheOldGods:

I want to shift from Nigeria a little to know where my problem is coming from. I recently

had a friend who travels from abroad with just 500$ to Naija, although she is squatting with friends. I don't want that to be my case, just an exaggeration.

How can I learn the animation

1 Like

Re: Can I Live Comfortably In South Africa? by TheOldGods: 4:59pm On Jun 30, 2021
Greatdand007:

How can I learn the animation
I can teach you
Re: Can I Live Comfortably In South Africa? by Jaydot01: 9:27pm On Jun 30, 2021
TheOldGods:
I can teach you
How much will it cost me and what are d requirement?
Re: Can I Live Comfortably In South Africa? by Joziboi: 2:53am On Jul 01, 2021
Limassol:
South Africa may be better than Nigeria but overall it is not a sought after country to immigrants for obvious reasons. Since you are gainfully employed i suggest European countries, almost everything is fixed and the system works. From relatively cheap western countries like Portugal and Spain to Eastern ones like Czech republic and Poland. Give it a good a shot.

Please explain
Re: Can I Live Comfortably In South Africa? by Nobody: 5:40am On Jul 01, 2021
Joziboi:

Please explain
Soutth Africans don't want other Africans in thier country!

4 Likes

Re: Can I Live Comfortably In South Africa? by Snowflakess: 6:51am On Jul 01, 2021
TheOldGods:
I can teach you
Am interested too oo
Re: Can I Live Comfortably In South Africa? by TheOldGods: 7:00am On Jul 01, 2021
Jaydot01:
How much will it cost me and what are d requirement?
okay add me on WhatsApp https:///message/H3OCZ7EJKRQOK1
Re: Can I Live Comfortably In South Africa? by TheOldGods: 7:01am On Jul 01, 2021
Snowflakess:

Am interested too oo
chat me https:///message/H3OCZ7EJKRQOK1
Re: Can I Live Comfortably In South Africa? by sulorog(m): 9:00am On Jul 01, 2021
Re: Can I Live Comfortably In South Africa? by TheOldGods: 9:17am On Jul 01, 2021
sulorog:

Am interested too
okay, chat me up using the link. Or it is not working?
Re: Can I Live Comfortably In South Africa? by Joziboi: 12:15pm On Jul 01, 2021
Hammyaladin:
Soutth Africans don't want other Africans in thier country!

Interesting! news to me
And "western countries like Portugal and Spain to Eastern ones like Czech republic and Poland" do?
Re: Can I Live Comfortably In South Africa? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 01, 2021
Joziboi:

Interesting! news to me
And "western countries like Portugal and Spain to Eastern ones like Czech republic and Poland" do?
there's is understandable.
Re: Can I Live Comfortably In South Africa? by haniejay(m): 12:16am On Jul 02, 2021
I read your article
As a freelance guy
You can make it anywhere
Any company that is sensible will need you
You have plenty opportunities abroad with your skills
Don’t let anybody discourage you
You can make it
Re: Can I Live Comfortably In South Africa? by TheOldGods: 10:13am On Jul 02, 2021
haniejay:
I read your article
As a freelance guy
You can make it anywhere
Any company that is sensible will need you
You have plenty opportunities abroad with your skills
Don’t let anybody discourage you
You can make it
i can make it anywhere, buy not in Nigeria. Its not like I'm not making money in Nigeria, it just that I need basic necessities, like constant electricity. Do you know I pay 30k every month to have electricity but I only get it 8hours in every 24hrs. Now for the past 5 days I'm buying fuel 5k every days just to work, because of low current. The worst part is the electricity company are not even bothered to come fix it.. My 30k is still there, while I'm spending more on fuel. Mehm I can't do this anymore
Re: Can I Live Comfortably In South Africa? by haniejay(m): 10:52am On Jul 02, 2021
TheOldGods:
i can make it anywhere, buy not in Nigeria. Its not like I'm not making money in Nigeria, it just that I need basic necessities, like constant electricity. Do you know I pay 30k every month to have electricity but I only get it 8hours in every 24hrs. Now for the past 5 days I'm buying fuel 5k every days just to work, because of low current. The worst part is the electricity company are not even bothered to come fix it.. My 30k is still there, while I'm spending more on fuel. Mehm I can't do this anymore
Yes we all know . Nigeria is a failed country but making excuses won’t bring change
You can change your environment
Depends on if you can afford where you want to relocate to
They’re some parts in Lagos or even Ogun state that have constant electricity not saying it’s the best option o
But travel abroad right now is not child’s play
What countries do you want migrate that you won’t have a story to tell even in the US. Things aren’t easy
God will help you figure out your next agenda
You’ll go places in life

1 Like

Re: Can I Live Comfortably In South Africa? by Greatdand007(m): 5:24pm On Jul 02, 2021
TheOldGods:
I can teach you

How and when

1 Like

Re: Can I Live Comfortably In South Africa? by Derazira(f): 7:29pm On Jul 02, 2021
Please am interested
TheOldGods:
I can teach you
Re: Can I Live Comfortably In South Africa? by TheOldGods: 7:33pm On Jul 02, 2021
Derazira:
Please am interested
add me on telegram. Or join my WhatsApp through the link https:///DxtwM4yf5E57gQbUHFc9lG

The link is not working, try this one
https:///message/H3OCZ7EJKRQOK1
Text me on WhatsApp. Please if you are quoting me ,delete the number, I don't want it to appear multiple times for security purposes. Thanks
Re: Can I Live Comfortably In South Africa? by yungchop: 7:35pm On Jul 02, 2021
TheOldGods:
add me on telegram. Or join my WhatsApp through the link https:///DxtwM4yf5E57gQbUHFc9lG

Boss it's not working.. Add me on whatsapp please +2348142730564
Re: Can I Live Comfortably In South Africa? by hilltop007(m): 7:39pm On Jul 02, 2021
TheOldGods:
You are an animator, that means a Laptop is the major equipment in your design studio. Why don't you purchase a solar inverter that can power your laptop, phone and other equipment.

If I may ask, how do you get freelance gigs?
Re: Can I Live Comfortably In South Africa? by TheOldGods: 7:42pm On Jul 02, 2021
hilltop007:
You are an animator, that means a Laptop is the major equipment in your design studio. Why don't you purchase a solar inverter that can power your laptop, phone and other equipment.

If I may ask, how do you get freelance gigs?
I don't have a laptop. I have a high end 800k desktop. Plus 2, 27 inch curved 4k display, and Ac. The money for the solar will cost me over 800k.
Re: Can I Live Comfortably In South Africa? by alnino94(m): 10:52am On Jul 04, 2021
TheOldGods:
I don't have a laptop. I have a high end 800k desktop. Plus 2, 27 inch curved 4k display, and Ac. The money for the solar will cost me over 800k.
True! You can still an installation cheaper than that, but have yourself a solar system and break free from electricity issues in Nigeria (so you could get peace of mind brother)

1 Like

Re: Can I Live Comfortably In South Africa? by Asquare84(m): 1:55pm On Jul 04, 2021
TheOldGods:

Why don't you get a solar nenewable energy
Re: Can I Live Comfortably In South Africa? by coretechng1(m): 2:13pm On Jul 04, 2021
TheOldGods:
I don't think u need to go to SA because of electricity. An 880k solar system will solve your electricity problem. I use it both at home and office.
Re: Can I Live Comfortably In South Africa? by TheOldGods: 2:34pm On Jul 04, 2021
coretechng1:

I don't think u need to go to SA because of electricity. An 880k solar system will solve your electricity problem. I use it both at home and office.
ill rather pay 880k as rent in south Africa

1 Like

Re: Can I Live Comfortably In South Africa? by Topshow4real: 3:21pm On Jul 04, 2021

(1) (Reply)

Does The Lagos Motobike Ban Include Scooters For Personal Use? / I Find This Nigeria Travel Advisory True But Insulting / Please Does Anyone Know Any Nigerian/african Nightclubs/bars In Paris?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.