Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Namdi Kanu Is Not Nigeria's Problem-opinion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Namdi Kanu Is Not Nigeria's Problem-opinion (690 Views)

Breaking News: The Link Between Obi Cubana And Namdi Kanu Reveled / Face Of The Woman Who Lured Namdi Kanu To Brazil / Buhari Is Not Nigeria's Problem – Zahra Buhari Shares Mansurah Isah's Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Namdi Kanu Is Not Nigeria's Problem-opinion by Eriokanmi: 7:26am On Jun 30, 2021
Anyone who thinks Nnamdi Kanu is Nigeria's myriad of problems should think twice.

As posited in the other thread, I abhor any form of crime. Kanu's agitation is an ideal which cannot be quenched but he handled it the wrong way. His massive followers are part of the generation of Nigerian youths who
make up of about 65% of our population those who don't care about independence or amalgamation or whatever is going on in government or about the future of Nigeria Biafra cannot be defeated as reiterated by prof Soyinka. I've been reading comments of certain youths here since yesterday and I asked myself, is this a joke? These people would leave sooner than later, mark what I told you this morning. Igbos aren't our problems, but our corrupt leaders, those who have rendered this generation useless. Even an arewa group had said they should leave if they want to. I'm also in support of their secession. Whether they leave today or tomorrow, no region will be affected in any way. Everybody would feel the pain only for a while, if at all there's any area in which igbos have a kind of comparative advantage over other regions.

The north isn't ready to leave ni. If they were ready, no Jupiter would stop them and they'd achieve this in a matter of months...you can see the spate of suicide bombing, killings, kidnapping going on in the north for years now so, you can judge by that...they'd make the country ungovernable. Have fulanis stopped killings with their AK47 yet? How many have been arrested and prosecuted so far?These people don't fear anything and only the brave would achieve their aims except they're suppressed or overpowered. The president would succumb by force.

We yorubas too want to leave. We can still be useful to each other in immeasurable ways. Don't we have yorubas in Benin Republic today? Don't we still do business? We should let our regional concerns be paramount in our hearts than kanu or igbo matter at this point. The body language of their leaders show that they're in support, though they've been choosing their words carefully. Sen Abaribe recently wore a dot nation t-shirt. A governor said he didn't believe in Biafra achieved by the barrel of a gun but by peaceful agitation and yesterday, the former DSS boss was running with the hare and haunting with the hounds in his comment last night on channels tv We yorubas would be caught midway if we don't act now. Only restructuring will solve all the agitations on ground if we must still stay together which our corrupt leaders don't want. . We pretend to be practicing American democratic style but we copy them the wrong way. Each state in the USA runs their economy. Texas is in control of their oil. We need restructuring now than never because Nigeria is on the verge iof collapse. Each region can now contribute to the centre and the huge number of those lazy lawmakers wouldn't be needed anymore. They're a liability to the nation. Enough said

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Namdi Kanu Is Not Nigeria's Problem-opinion by Mixedfruit: 7:29am On Jun 30, 2021
Noted
Re: Namdi Kanu Is Not Nigeria's Problem-opinion by FakeUnity: 7:31am On Jun 30, 2021
^^^^

Sense no go kill you Ore mi.

grin

2 Likes

Re: Namdi Kanu Is Not Nigeria's Problem-opinion by KillMNKnow(f): 7:32am On Jun 30, 2021
Lugard and his people convince us to join the Royal Niger Company. We will choose to opt out on our own terms. Nobody will stop us from getting our dividend. Certainly not some lowlifes baiting us to react with rage. We choose to react minimal now. Our big reaction will be communicated in due terms. Somewhere Between 2030 2035
Re: Namdi Kanu Is Not Nigeria's Problem-opinion by donbachi(m): 7:42am On Jun 30, 2021
Nnamdi kanu's arrest is the biggest news in Nigeria.While,
Toyota cars moved their plant to ghana.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Namdi Kanu Is Not Nigeria's Problem-opinion by richeeyo(m): 7:45am On Jun 30, 2021
donbachi:
Seriously ���
Re: Namdi Kanu Is Not Nigeria's Problem-opinion by Eriokanmi: 7:47am On Jun 30, 2021
donbachi:
Imagine
Re: Namdi Kanu Is Not Nigeria's Problem-opinion by gidgiddy: 7:49am On Jun 30, 2021
Wherever there is injustice, there is never peace.

1 Like

Re: Namdi Kanu Is Not Nigeria's Problem-opinion by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:56am On Jun 30, 2021
He is Buhari's problem not Nigeria. But Buhari seems to think he is Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Namdi Kanu Is Not Nigeria's Problem-opinion by tillaman(m): 8:06am On Jun 30, 2021
We never expected it �

1 Like

Re: Namdi Kanu Is Not Nigeria's Problem-opinion by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:06am On Jun 30, 2021
KillMNKnow:
Lugard and his people convince us to join the Royal Niger Company. We will choose to opt out on our own terms. Nobody will stop us from getting our dividend. Certainly not some lowlifes baiting us to react with rage. We choose to react minimal now. Our big reaction will be communicated in due terms. Somewhere Between 2030 2035
Lugard did not convinced you. Go and read your history books. He forced you.

Your emirs begged to remain in their posts and promised to be good boys doing all what lugard wanted as long as he allowed the feudalistic arrangement remain.

He did, and that's why the North was the most peaceful and reticent region in the county during colonial rule.

SW experienced Abeokuta riots against taxation. Same with Aba.

Nothing of such was recorded in the north. You were good and willing slaves.

Heck you even rejected independence when it was first proposed by the South.

As for who owes who, I refer you again to the history books for why the amalgamation was proposed initially.

It was because you could hardly feed yourselves while the South has excess.

No single rail or port was built in the north until the amalgamation.

Reflect on that and think about paying back the people whose resources were used to build the first rails in the North before you leave the union. Even up till today!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Namdi Kanu Is Not Nigeria's Problem-opinion by tungamaje: 8:11am On Jun 30, 2021
donbachi:

I couldn't believe you until I confirmed it myself. Kudos to Ghana. Twitter in Ghana and now Toyota while they are running away from the 'Giants of Africa'

1 Like

Re: Namdi Kanu Is Not Nigeria's Problem-opinion by FakeUnity: 8:15am On Jun 30, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

Lugard did not convinced you. Go and read your history books. He forced you.

Your emirs begged to remain in their posts and promised to be good boys doing all what lugard wanted as long as he allowed the feudalistic arrangement remain.

He did, and that's why the North was the most peaceful and reticent region in the county during colonial rule.

SW experienced Abeokuta riots against taxation. Same with Aba.

Nothing of such was recorded in the north. You were good and willing slaves.

Heck you even rejected independence when it was first proposed by the South.

As for who owes who, I refer you again to the history books for why the amalgamation was proposed initially.

It was because you could hardly feed yourselves while the South has excess.

No single rail or port was built in the north until the amalgamation.

Reflect on that and think about paying back the people whose resources were used to build the first rails in the North before you leave the union. Even up till today!!

God bless you with more wisdom.
Re: Namdi Kanu Is Not Nigeria's Problem-opinion by Eriokanmi: 8:35am On Jun 30, 2021
tungamaje:

I couldn't believe you until I confirmed it myself. Kudos to Ghana. Twitter in Ghana and now Toyota while they are running away from the 'Giants of Africa'
I shake my head for this country. My concern is on the gullible youths who trust our corrupt politicians so much, those who don't even give a hoot about their future. They can harm you on social media if they had the opportunity just to tell you how embittered they are each time you talk about such politicians whom they see as their godfathers. We go dey alright some day.

Toyota's African regional plant was to be cited in Nigeria early 2000s. Hyundai too. All of a sudden, they made a u-turn and faced south Africa. Our economy isn't just this bad. When foreigners refuse to bring their dollars to invest, how can our naira be strengthened as an importing nation?...we import almost everything made by other countries thereby growing their economy at the expense of theirs. Abacha refused to allow mtn and co to come in the 90s. He said they'd kill Nitel but today, our government's earnings from telecoms alone, not even talking about employment it has generated is massive. They couldn't get one tenth of that when nitel was operational. Obadanjo threatened Toyota for citing their plant in South Africa instead of Nigeria, their largest market but he couldn't win the war. No sane investor will come to an unsafe place to invest, never. To them, boko haram and bandits are all over Nigeria. They don't have an idea how and where bandits and boko haram operate from.

I was in Germany a couple of years back for a business meeting and one of our partners said, what are you guys or govt doing about boko haram in your country killing everybody everywhere? He said he's afraid of coming to see us in lagos and I had to tell him boko haram only operates in the northern part and he had to look at the world map immediately in his office to find out where the north was and where lagos was located...imagine.

3 Likes

Re: Namdi Kanu Is Not Nigeria's Problem-opinion by Nobody: 8:36am On Jun 30, 2021
donbachi:

And you think killings perpetrated by UGM & other terrorist groups would make Toyota stay in Naija?

Crying is good for the worried, just don't spoil manliness.

Re: Namdi Kanu Is Not Nigeria's Problem-opinion by Dripy(m): 9:08am On Jun 30, 2021
Now that Nnamdi Kanu has been arrested, has the standard of life in Nigeria improved? A lot of people are happy and jubiliating that he has been arrested but they are still grappling with hunger and poverty, unemployed and facing huge insecurity all around. The herdsmen are still killing and maiming innocent people, preventing them from going to farm and accentuating a famine that is going to hit Nigeria in the nearest future.

Now that Nnamdi Kanu has been arrested, can the government of the day sit up and tackle the seemingly intractable malaise facing the Nigerian state? Boko Haram is still killing people in the North East, bandits are still kidnapping innocent school children and undergraduates all across the North, kidnappers are still having a field day kidnapping law-abiding citizens all over Nigeria and yet no arrests have been made nor any prosecution procured.

Now that Nnamdi Kanu has been arrested, can the APC-led Federal government stop borrowing, diversify the economy, reduce corruption and face the real issues plaguing the Nigerian state? The ease of doing business is almost non-existent, starting a business in Nigeria is nothing but a herculean task: you grapple with high taxes and rates from federal, state and local governments; epileptic power supply makes relying on generators and solar systems the sure way of powering your set-up; obnoxious and avaricious government officials are on stand-by to rip you off while incompetent employees who passed through our moribund educational system are stealing from you.

Nnamdi Kanu is the least of our poblems because his arrest has not reduced the price of garri in the market nor has it made milk, egg, yam and other staple foods affordable and within means for millions of Nigerians living below the poverty level. 2023 is fast approaching and we can all see that the present government has not taken us to Eldorado as they promised. Power is still epileptic, unemployment is still very high among the very young populace, diseases, illiteracy, poverty, insecurity and a hostile environment for business are still the order of the day.

Dear Nigerian youth, go and get your PVC and get ready to vote for the best candidate come 2023. Do not let ethnic, religious, tribal or other primordial colourations becloud your sense of judgement else, the dagger that did the damage is still very much around to do more damage.
(c)JUM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Namdi Kanu Is Not Nigeria's Problem-opinion by tungamaje: 10:39am On Jun 30, 2021
Dripy:
Now that Nnamdi Kanu has been arrested, has the standard of life in Nigeria improved? A lot of people are happy and jubiliating that he has been arrested but they are still grappling with hunger and poverty, unemployed and facing huge insecurity all around. The herdsmen are still killing and maiming innocent people, preventing them from going to farm and accentuating a famine that is going to hit Nigeria in the nearest future.

Now that Nnamdi Kanu has been arrested, can the government of the day sit up and tackle the seemingly intractable malaise facing the Nigerian state? Boko Haram is still killing people in the North East, bandits are still kidnapping innocent school children and undergraduates all across the North, kidnappers are still having a field day kidnapping law-abiding citizens all over Nigeria and yet no arrests have been made nor any prosecution procured.

Now that Nnamdi Kanu has been arrested, can the APC-led Federal government stop borrowing, diversify the economy, reduce corruption and face the real issues plaguing the Nigerian state? The ease of doing business is almost non-existent, starting a business in Nigeria is nothing but a herculean task: you grapple with high taxes and rates from federal, state and local governments; epileptic power supply makes relying on generators and solar systems the sure way of powering your set-up; obnoxious and avaricious government officials are on stand-by to rip you off while incompetent employees who passed through our moribund educational system are stealing from you.

Nnamdi Kanu is the least of our poblems because his arrest has not reduced the price of garri in the market nor has it made milk, egg, yam and other staple foods affordable and within means for millions of Nigerians living below the poverty level. 2023 is fast approaching and we can all see that the present government has not taken us to Eldorado as they promised. Power is still epileptic, unemployment is still very high among the very young populace, diseases, illiteracy, poverty, insecurity and a hostile environment for business are still the order of the day.

Dear Nigerian youth, go and get your PVC and get ready to vote for the best candidate come 2023. Do not let ethnic, religious, tribal or other primordial colourations becloud your sense of judgement else, the dagger that did the damage is still very much around to do more damage.
(c)JUM

I concur with. all you said except where you asked Nigerians to get their PVCs and vote best candidates. All of us know we can vote our choice candidates but the political clique. would still decide who to impose on us so long as their interests are maintained

2 Likes

Re: Namdi Kanu Is Not Nigeria's Problem-opinion by Dripy(m): 11:54am On Jun 30, 2021
tungamaje:

I concur with. all you said except where you asked Nigerians to get their PVCs and vote best candidates. All of us know we can vote our choice candidates but the political clique. would still decide who to impose on us so long as their interests are maintained

We can change the narrative come 2023. A day begins a story and I know very soon, our votes will count.
Re: Namdi Kanu Is Not Nigeria's Problem-opinion by Eriokanmi: 2:57pm On Jun 30, 2021
Dripy:

We can change the narrative come 2023. A day begins a story and I know very soon, our votes will count.
Exactly . Let them mistakenly pass that electoral act into law, the majority of them won't return to their seats come 2023 because power to choose would rest solely on the electorate

1 Like

Re: Namdi Kanu Is Not Nigeria's Problem-opinion by erniok(m): 9:23am On Aug 20, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Exactly . Let them mistakenly pass that electoral act into law, the majority of them won't return to their seats come 2023 because power to choose would rest solely on the electorate
Just saw this thread. You know,I know and the political elites know that electronic transmission will never be a reality. It would mean their definite end in power and no man willing takes poison and he can easily avert it.
Re: Namdi Kanu Is Not Nigeria's Problem-opinion by Eriokanmi: 12:45pm On Aug 20, 2021
erniok:

Just saw this thread. You know,I know and the political elites know that electronic transmission will never be a reality. It would mean their definite end in power and no man willing takes poison and he can easily avert it.
grin exactly my point.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Federal High Court Declares Edozie Njoku Authentic APGA Nat’l Chairman / Yoruba Nation Lagos Rally: Woman Fumes As Tear Gas Canister Hits Residence (vid / Kaduna Government Demolish A Market Without Warning Today (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.