Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

My Dream (on Insurgency) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Dream (on Insurgency) (195 Views)

Boko Haram May Wipe Nigeria Off The Map, Zulum Raises Alarm About Insurgency / War On Insurgency: Ondo Reps Member Embarks On A Visitation To Maiduguri / Photos: Despite Boko Haram Insurgency, Maiduguri Shines Bright At Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Dream (on Insurgency) by lalaponcus(m): 10:09am On Jun 30, 2021
I dreamt last night.
I was a traveller in the dream.
In a Toyota Hiace bus, we journeyed across villages in in Northern villages.

The enthusiasm was high.
We sang and played mock drums while the driver weaved his way through.

Some slept and snored
Others fiddled with phones as music played in their earpieces.
A couple at the front whispered sweet nothings to each other as they blushed.

Suddenly, we heard the driver gasp.
As he slowed, we looked around and saw villagers running helter-skelter.

Women scampered with their kids, ignoring their falling wrappers.
Men raced to their homes, some emerging with machetes, while others went into the bushes.
Children screamed as their eyes darted to and fro: seeking mommy and Daddy, seeking the calm that preceded the storm.

Slowly, we saw the reason for the unrest.
About twenty feet from the bus stood the men.
The men in black hoods.
The men who carried AK-47s and shot sporadically in the air
The men who chanted 'Allah Arkbar' and laughed hysterically as they moved menacingly towards our bus.
The men who pointed their guns at us and kept shooting when they noticed we started running.

While running and trying to weave through the uncharted village, I awoke.
My bedsheets were filled with sweat even as my heart beat wildly.

My friends, I really had this dream today and it served as a picture of what life in some Northern villages is.
There could be calm activities going on, and BAM! terrorists arrive to steal, rape, kidnap and kill both Christians and Muslims
We are witnessing record rise/hike in foodstuffs due to these activities.
Farmers are running from their farms, being killed, and forcefully conscripted to the terror groups.

Spare three minutes today to pray for these brothers and sisters of ours.
Kindly spare a day for us to collectively fast and pray for peace to return and chaos to break out in the camp of the terror ISWAP and Boko Haram.
God bless you as you do
#Isaiah50:4
#Bashorun

(1) (Reply)

IPOB WAS PEACEFUL JUST LIKE IGBOHO. NIGERIA WITH SHORT MEMORIES. / Over 400 Illegal Structures Demolished Along Airport Road – FCTA / Did You Check The Profile Of Those Vying For Governorship In Anambra....?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.