Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,724 members, 7,955,733 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:59 PM

Why Igbos Must Apologize To Yorubas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Igbos Must Apologize To Yorubas (738 Views)

Don’t Link Us With ‘Igbos Must Leave Lagos’ Slogan — Indigenous Group / IPOB's Statement On Clark Idiotic, Igbo Must Apologize - PANDEF / Ndukwe Must Apologize To Abia Speaker - More PDP Chieftains Tell Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Igbos Must Apologize To Yorubas by Joromi1: 10:43am On Jun 30, 2021
Well, I don't mean all Igbos per se, but all the miscreants who dance skelewu to Nnamdi Kanu's hate music. You see, when I read the scathing remarks against Yoruba people by some neverdowells from that tribe, I start to imagine where the hate is coming from and why. Most of them hating on Tinubu today can't state one reason why they hate him. It's simply because MNK doesn't like Tinubu for reasons best known to him, and then they sheepishly join him.

Aside Tinubu, MNK also insulted Yorubas in many of his tweets and Facebook posts. He's also the one that coined the popular 'Yoruba Muslim' tag in an unsuccessful attempt to cause a division among us. As if that's not enough, he said many unprintable things about prominent Yoruba pastors and imams. He was able to coerce gullible youths to join his hate campaign, and this is very evident here on Nairaland.

I'm not here to mock or taunt Igbos because of his arrest but let's tell ourselves the truth, between Yorubas and Igbos who has shown more courtesy to the other? The answer is Yoruba.

Who has benefited more from the other? The answer is Igbo.

Let me not mention that Southwest has enriched most people from the East who came here to do legal and illegal businesses or engage in other investments. In state government appointments too, you'll find Igbos occupying sensitive positions that no Yoruba man would have in their own land. Joe Igbokwe is an example.

So who really is your enemy and why the hate on a people who have done so much for you?

And lastly, let this sound as a prophecy to you:

If at all there will be anything like Biafra, it will come through a Yoruba president. You had a shot with GEJ and lost it and you won't have it again. Not in this generation. So do the right thing for once and have peace. It's not too late to retrace your steps.

Support Tinubu's presidency.

BAT 2023.

3 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Must Apologize To Yorubas by Gentlerespect76: 10:47am On Jun 30, 2021
Every shameless and unfortunate creature now addresses the Igbo. It is all self delusion, this feeling that the Igbo have fallen. Taaaahh, mechie GI onu there!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Must Apologize To Yorubas by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:57am On Jun 30, 2021
Op spoilt it at the end. Is Tinubu a symbol for Yorubas now?
You say Igbo should pay Yorubas back by supporting Tinubu as if Tinubu is the father of all Yorubas.
Then you bait the Igbo by claiming a Yoruba president (Tinubu) will grant them Biafra, same person who said fulani and Yorubas are one?
This is devoid of common sense really

5 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Must Apologize To Yorubas by Joromi1: 11:15am On Jun 30, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:
You say Igbo should pay Yorubas back by supporting Tinubu as if Tinubu is the father of all Yorubas.
Then you bait the Igbo by claiming a Yoruba president (Tinubu) will grant them Biafra, same person who said fulani and Yorubas are one?
This is not a bait or an appeal but a simple and quicker way to achieving Biafra.

As it is, an Igbo man can never emerge president. If there was a flicker of hope before, MNK has extinguished it. Not to mention that Igbos don't have a good candidate. The highest they can get is a vice under the same Fulani they so much hate. And vice presidents in Nigeria are almost voiceless and inconsequential.

Secondly, no Fulani president will accept a referendum. You heard Buhari say he won't do as little as restructure Nigeria talk more accept a referendum. So that's a no-go area as far Fulani is concerned. And mind you, Buhari is Fulani voice. These people are very smart and united in politics regardless of the party they're affiliated with.

Take it or leave it, Tinubu is the surest way to Biafra. He's first a Yoruba man before a politician.
Re: Why Igbos Must Apologize To Yorubas by aribisala0(m): 11:19am On Jun 30, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:
Tinubu presidency is a pipe dream.
Still Igbos need to learn how to relate to their neighbours in a more constructive way. The bitter truth is that IPOB said so many things that cannot be unsaid and have not helped Igbo relations with others.Sadly they do not get it and continue to play victim.
The bitter truth with regard to the Yoruba is that Yoruba pass them . Their Narcissistic psychology prevents them from facing reality

I hope they seize this opportunity to reflect on how others felt after January 15 , 1966. Because so much has been invested in Nnamdi Kanu the feeling of group humiliation is natural but a true Yoruba omoluabi will take no joy in that . Rather we encourage them to adopt a more rational approach to issues, put this behind them and realise that the struggle is a marathon that cannot be won by exuberance

3 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Must Apologize To Yorubas by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:24am On Jun 30, 2021
aribisala0:
Still Igbos need to learn how to relate to their neighbours in a more constructive way. The bitter truth is that IPOB said so many things that cannot be unsaid and have not helped Igbo relations with others.Sadly they do not get it and continue to play victim.
The bitter truth with regard to the Yoruba is that Yoruba pass them . Their Narcissistic psychology prevents them from facing reality

I hope they seize this opportunity to reflect on how others felt after January 15 , 1966. Because so much has been invested in Nnamdi Kanu the feeling of group humiliation is natural but a true Yoruba omoluabi will take no joy in that . Rather we encourage them to adopt a more rational approach to issues, put this behind them and realise that the struggle is a marathon that cannot be won by exuberance

Well said
Re: Why Igbos Must Apologize To Yorubas by Joromi1: 11:28am On Jun 30, 2021
aribisala0:

Better.
Re: Why Igbos Must Apologize To Yorubas by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:30am On Jun 30, 2021
Joromi1:

This is not a bait or an appeal but a simple and quicker way to achieving Biafra.

As it is, an Igbo man can never emerge president. If there was a flicker of hope before, MNK has extinguished it. Not to mention that Igbos don't have a good candidate. The highest they can get is a vice under the same Fulani they so much hate. And vice presidents in Nigeria are almost voiceless and inconsequential.

Secondly, no Fulani president will accept a referendum. You heard Buhari say he won't do as little as restructure Nigeria talk more accept a referendum. So that's a no-go area as far Fulani is concerned. And mind you, Buhari is Fulani voice. These people are very smart and united in politics regardless of the party they're affiliated with.

Take it or leave it, Tinubu is the surest way to Biafra. He's first a Yoruba man before a politician.

Fulani are not so smart. If they were, the majority will not be going about with cows in the bush.
They are united. Very true. But they are united because it's a question of survival. They hold the short end of the stick in every positive indices. So the only way for them to survive is to stick together especially with their leaders whether what they do is right or wrong. The leaders in return also stick with them in whatever weather they find themselves.

Tinubu used to champion restructuring. He swallowed the idea after helping enthrone a govt in 2015.
If he can deny an idea he used to champion, how much more one he never gave any support in any form towards.
He has come out to say Nigeria is better together. So how will he now help birth the dissolution of the country.
You're not talking to fools hope you know

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Must Apologize To Yorubas by Joromi1: 11:54am On Jun 30, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

Fulani are not so smart. If they were, the majority will not be going about with cows in the bush.
They are united. Very true. But they are united because it's a question of survival. They hold the short end of the stick in every positive indices. So the only way for them to survive is to stick together especially with their leaders whether what they do is right or wrong. The leaders in return also stick with them in whatever weather they find themselves.

Tinubu used to champion restructuring. He swallowed the idea after helping enthrone a govt in 2015.
If he can deny an idea he used to champion, how much more one he never gave any support in any form towards.
He has come out to say Nigeria is better together. So how will he now help birth the dissolution of the country.
You're not talking to fools hope you know

You may not like Tinubu for supporting Buhari but that is like looking at a problem without finding the cause.

But I must let you know that the decision to support Buhari was not solely Tinubu's idea but a collective one. GEJ marginalized Yorubas in his time and since there was no other worthy candidate to kick him out Buhari had to be an option. All Yoruba leaders supported Buhari, not just Tinubu. And moreover, we still had the VP slot as a consolation. Buhari was not the best option but he was a necessary evil.

But all this should be in the past already. It's time for Southerners to form a strong alliance if they want to move forward.
Re: Why Igbos Must Apologize To Yorubas by DrSamOnowu87(m): 12:53pm On Jul 02, 2021
Joromi1:

You may not like Tinubu for supporting Buhari but that is like looking at a problem without finding the cause.

But I must let you know that the decision to support Buhari was not solely Tinubu's idea but a collective one. GEJ marginalized Yorubas in his time and since there was no other worthy candidate to kick him out Buhari had to be an option. All Yoruba leaders supported Buhari, not just Tinubu. And moreover, we still had the VP slot as a consolation. Buhari was not the best option but he was a necessary evil.

But all this should be in the past already. It's time for Southerners to form a strong alliance if they want to move forward.
Gej marginalized d Yorubas? Pls tell me how,where.
*Yoruba's had d vp slot as a consolation? consolation for what?
*Buhari was not d best option but he was d necessary evil.
My dear let me tell u d truth,d yoruba's supported Buhari/Osinbajo bcus they thought that Buhari wil die on sit & their son would take over d govt.
Re: Why Igbos Must Apologize To Yorubas by TrackerXL: 1:01pm On Jul 02, 2021
When you can't point the lie in a post you starting waging your tongue like a lunatic.
Gentlerespect76:
Every shameless and unfortunate creature now addresses the Igbo. It is all self delusion, this feeling that the Igbo have fallen. Taaaahh, mechie GI onu there!!!
Re: Why Igbos Must Apologize To Yorubas by TrackerXL: 1:07pm On Jul 02, 2021
Explaining a thing to u in the midst of all that is happening is a waste. You are free to rot in hell with your tot n opinion against the Yorubas. Nobody owes your igbo father an explanation.

[s]
DrSamOnowu87:
Gej marginalized d Yorubas? Pls tell me how,where.
*Yoruba's had d vp slot as a consolation? consolation for what?
*Buhari was not d best option but he was d necessary evil.
My dear let me tell u d truth,d yoruba's supported Buhari/Osinbajo bcus they thought that Buhari wil die on sit & their son would take over d govt.
[/s]
Re: Why Igbos Must Apologize To Yorubas by Kfed4ril(m): 9:17am On Jul 03, 2021
Joromi1:

So all I’m getting here is that the Yoruba elders knew Buhari to be of no good, yet supported him massively just because he made their son his VP. How sophisticated a tribe.

So all I’m getting is the Nigeria can burn to ashes your guys don’t care as far as your son is the VP. Wow, just wow

(1) (Reply)

Kano Hisbah Ban The Use Of Mannequins For Cloth Displays / "Nairalanders, Meet Simon Ekpa" ,M Nnamdi Kanu's Disciple On Biafra Restoration! / Reps Mull Pay-per-view, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.