Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,921 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Donald Rumsfeld Dead At 88 - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Donald Rumsfeld Dead At 88 (22363 Views)

Abolhassan Banisadr: Iran's First President After Revolution Dies At 88 / George H.W. Bush Dead At 94 / Amina Mohammed Shakes Donald Trump. See The Look On Melania Trump's Face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donald Rumsfeld Dead At 88 by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 01, 2021
udemzyudex:

I'm talking about the Tax you talked about, concerning the budget for health, you and i know that this government doesn't give a hoot about the health sector even education.
You can see that in the president incessant need to travel out for medical care

Then vote them out in 2023...and vote someone else.

Don't bother me about it...I'm not in government, nor did I vote for APC or PDP for that matter.
Re: Donald Rumsfeld Dead At 88 by Sunkyapogee(m): 8:20am On Jul 01, 2021
Rip.... Plenty souls wasted but still live to this age.. God is not man.
Re: Donald Rumsfeld Dead At 88 by chiemmanuel(m): 8:22am On Jul 01, 2021
SouthSouth1914:

This man was very power even more than the president. He makes decision later for him.., Bush was just a drinker and a fiend! Even Rumsfeld was until his wife changed his life for the better!
He was America de facto president
Re: Donald Rumsfeld Dead At 88 by socialmediaman: 8:23am On Jul 01, 2021
Beancounter93:

1.When we are ready to pay the tax rate that would earn us enough money for good health care.

2.When we are ready to pay the excessively high insurance premiums the average American pays for health care in the USA....

Healthcare in the US is good...but Americans pay heavily for it...even when they have insurance. (There is a reason why many Americans want universal health care..but that means high taxes as in many European countries).

Buhari is bad, but you cannot get US health care at a budget of $3 billion. We need a budget of $100-200 BILLION before we can see some good health care, and that involves major changes in our economy from an resource dependent to a productive industrial economy

You mean, we need a budget of $200 billion before we fight budget padding and corruption in the public service, and maximize budget utilization? Before we can achieve a healthcare equivalent to South Africa? Before we can attract foreign investment with stable and friendly economic policies? Before we can stop the social media war and find creative ways to attract up to 1% of the $300 billion dollar annual internet advertising revenue?

1 Like

Re: Donald Rumsfeld Dead At 88 by Wfaluse: 8:27am On Jul 01, 2021
Go and meet your maker and account for your deeds. Except you are not guilty as alleged, I believe Almighty will ask you to account for those souls lost due to your decisions.

And to others like him, who wrecked havoc on defenceless people, remember all of you (indeed all of us) too shall taste death and account for our deeds.
They finished Iraq, turned Afghanistan to hell on earth, made Libya an inferno.

1 Like

Re: Donald Rumsfeld Dead At 88 by meobizy(f): 8:30am On Jul 01, 2021
Whether you depart at the age of 1 or 148, death comes for everyone. One day humans will cure natural death, the time is many centuries into the future. For now let’s focus on AIDS and cancers.
Re: Donald Rumsfeld Dead At 88 by SouthSouth1914: 8:30am On Jul 01, 2021
chiemmanuel:

He was America de facto president

Rightly said!
Re: Donald Rumsfeld Dead At 88 by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 01, 2021
socialmediaman:

You mean, we need a budget of $200 billion before we fight budget padding and corruption in the public service, and maximize budget utilization? Before we can achieve a healthcare equivalent to South Africa? Before we can attract foreign investment with stable and friendly economic policies? Before we can stop the social media war and find creative ways to attract up to 1% of the $300 billion dollar annual internet advertising revenue?

1.SOuth Africa spends far more on health than Nigeria...$4 billion for a population less than 50 million Nigeria $1.3 billion for a populaiton of 200 million or more.

2.I used 200 BILLION because you were intially comparing us to the USA in your original comment. Develoiped countires spend at least $100 BILLON for health care.

3.Thats why we need to stop being oil dependent, raise our tax to gdp ratio and be more realistic.

We cannot buy a car at the price of a bicycle.
Re: Donald Rumsfeld Dead At 88 by jared007: 8:41am On Jul 01, 2021
The Ruthless and Outspoken Donald Rumsfeld
Re: Donald Rumsfeld Dead At 88 by socialmediaman: 8:43am On Jul 01, 2021
Beancounter93:

1.SOuth Africa spends far more on health than Nigeria...$4 billion for a population less than 50 million Nigeria $1.3 billion for a populaiton of 200 million or more.

2.I used 200 BILLION because you were intially comparing us to the USA in your original comment. Develoiped countires spend at least $100 BILLON for health care.

3.Thats why we need to stop being oil dependent, raise our tax to gdp ratio and be more realistic.

Raising taxes or fighting corruption in the tax system, you mean? Lots of companies and individuals pay tax which doesn't get to the government. Nigeria tax rates are similar to the US, why increase it further rather than fight the corruption in the system and make it more effective while also making more Nigerians taxable, and finally making budget more effective to deliver goals and not to be padded with so much corruption?
Re: Donald Rumsfeld Dead At 88 by BePrepared: 8:43am On Jul 01, 2021
juman:
May he rot in hell fire.
They went to iraq to colonize them.

Bush and tony blair saw the iraqi war as holy war (crusade).
The war was a failure.

At the end american ran away from iraq as they are currently begging to run away from afghanistan.
America is a terrorist country.

Are you from the religion of peace
Re: Donald Rumsfeld Dead At 88 by themanderon: 8:44am On Jul 01, 2021
One of the hawks behind the Bush administration. Guy was as ruthless as George Bush. They have the blood of innocents on their hands and now its time to answer for that. The same will happen to all the killers we have in uniforms in this country killing people for these devilish people we have in government. One day you will answer for all those souls which you gleefully killed. And the useless politicians you kill for will not be there to answer for you.
Re: Donald Rumsfeld Dead At 88 by murphyibiam15(m): 8:44am On Jul 01, 2021
Beancounter93:

All these your prepositions was only possible if Nigeria ws corruption free or Atleast minimally corrupt, raise the tax and see the hawks steal them away creating more penury and poverty, I guess you're a Nigerian living in Europe or USA who doesn't know the reality in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Donald Rumsfeld Dead At 88 by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 01, 2021
murphyibiam15:

All these your prepositions was only possible if Nigeria ws corruption free or Atleast minimally corrupt, raise the tax and see the hawks steal them away creating more penury and poverty, I guess you're a Nigerian living in Europe or USA who doesn't know the reality in Nigeria

We can be 'corruption free' if Nigerians can use their 'powers' inherent in democracy....
Re: Donald Rumsfeld Dead At 88 by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 01, 2021
socialmediaman:

Raising taxes or fighting corruption in the tax system, you mean? Lots of companies and individuals pay tax which doesn't get to the government. Nigeria tax rates are similar to the US, why increase it further rather than fight the corruption in the system and make it more effective while also making more Nigerians taxable, and finally making budget more effective to deliver goals and not to be padded with so much corruption?

Our tax rate is not similar to the US and even if it was, the US has a higher GDP per capita than we do

Also, we have a tax to gdp ratio of 6.1% (lower on a state by state basis), while the US has one of 24.5%

If we want to be like the US also, US is an industrial economy, which exports. Nigeria is a resource dependent economy, whose income is affected by the extreme volatility of the price of its resources.

Like now, in my lifetime, oil has been as high as $145 per barrel (2008) and as low as $24 in 2020. That does not do wonders for the revenue overall.
Re: Donald Rumsfeld Dead At 88 by HEAVEN4444: 8:56am On Jul 01, 2021
wow. powerful energies on the planet right now
-bill cosby released
-nnamdi kanu captured
-donald rumsfeld died

its that CAN-SIR energy. its an energy of release or capture / obliteration
Re: Donald Rumsfeld Dead At 88 by bluefilm: 9:01am On Jul 01, 2021
tamdun:
After all the killings, no weapon of mass destruction was found,his lies made thousands of people lost their lives, these same people sponsored alqaeda, isis, turned Iran to what it is today by removing a president that was democratically elected with CIA,same people killed gaddafi (and Libya is now a paradise) and we still see them as the good guys?

That's how these Illuminati guys operate.

They create a problem.

People respond to the problem by reacting.

These same illuminati guys will now offer a Solution to the same problem they created.

It has always been the same process all the time.

And it has been working for them.

The COVID19 SCAMdemic is the most recent PROBLEM they created.

And the goal is to take away People's Freedom.

As you can see, so far, it has been working...

1 Like

Re: Donald Rumsfeld Dead At 88 by timesup234: 9:06am On Jul 01, 2021
May shango strike leprosy into his corpse
Re: Donald Rumsfeld Dead At 88 by Elbinawi: 9:06am On Jul 01, 2021
"The lord of war is Donald Rumsfeld, one of the dogs of the devil."

- Hugo Chávez

This notorious war criminal just died and unfortunately not in the jail of the International Criminal Court, ICC.

Donald Rumsfeld was one of the war criminals that orchestrated the Iraqi invasion using a fake Israeli Intel. More than one million Iraqis died. This Chemical weapons vendor was a devil incarnate.

Yesterday the Hell was warm as one of the devil has arrived. Rest in Hell!

#Photo: Donald Rumsfeld and late Iraqi dictator Saddam planning Chemical weapon attacks on Iran in 1983.

#ElbinawiTweets

1 Like

Re: Donald Rumsfeld Dead At 88 by SmartyPants(m): 9:10am On Jul 01, 2021
juman:
May he rot in hell fire.

The war was a failure.

At the end american ran away from iraq as they are currently begging to run away from afghanistan.

Are you sure hunger is not eating up your brain?

Holy war and they went to Iraq and Afghanistan but not Saudi?

We all know those kill people in the name of thier religion so rest.
Re: Donald Rumsfeld Dead At 88 by socialmediaman: 9:11am On Jul 01, 2021
Beancounter93:

Our tax rate is not similar to the US and even if it was, the US has a higher GDP per capita than we do

Also, we have a tax to gdp ratio of 6.1% (lower on a state by state basis), while the US has one of 24.5%

If we want to be like the US also, US is an industrial economy, which exports. Nigeria is a resource dependent economy, whose income is affected by the extreme volatility of the price of its resources.

Like now, in my lifetime, oil has been as high as $145 per barrel (2008) and as low as $24 in 2020. That does not do wonders for the revenue overall.

You keep mentioning tax to gdp ratio without mentioning corruption on the same line. What's the reason for the low tax to gdp ratio? is it because Nigerians are paying enough taxes or because these taxes aren't being captured effectively? For instance, everyone has to file taxes in the US every year while in Nigeria, there's no system to ensure that people are paying taxes, and those taxes actually got to the government. Nigerian Ports Authority, Immigration and Customs, Road Safety, IRS, NIPC, NNPC etc are all revenue generation agencies, but what effective mechanism is deployed to ensure at least 95% of taxes paid by Nigerians are captured? Also, yes Nigeria has similar tax rates as the US. Check the personal income tax rates:

US: https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/taxes/federal-income-tax-brackets

Nigeria: https://www.bomesresourcesconsulting.com/paye-tax-nigeria-taxation-employees.html
Re: Donald Rumsfeld Dead At 88 by udemzyudex(m): 9:12am On Jul 01, 2021
Beancounter93:

Then vote them out in 2023...and vote someone else.

Don't bother me about it...I'm not in government, nor did I vote for APC or PDP for that matter.

Funny grin
Re: Donald Rumsfeld Dead At 88 by EvangelistChuks(m): 9:13am On Jul 01, 2021
The irony of life;both predators and preys go the way of mortals,it’s only a matter of time.
But with Jesus,the prey will have the last laugh,that’s why the Apostles were singing and rejoicing when being martyred( Stephen-Acts 7:54-60). You can enjoy this eternal benefit today,right now by rejecting every of your sinful way of life and accepting Jesus as savior and LORD.
Re: Donald Rumsfeld Dead At 88 by Decency2020(f): 9:13am On Jul 01, 2021
juman:
May he rot in hell fire.

The war was a failure.

Eiyaaa!

Overdose collorado effect.

When you finally wake up we go know.
Re: Donald Rumsfeld Dead At 88 by Decency2020(f): 9:17am On Jul 01, 2021
tamdun:
After all the killings, no weapon of mass destruction was found,his lies made thousands of people lost their lives, these same people sponsored alqaeda, isis, turned Iran to what it is today by removing a president that was democratically elected with CIA,same people killed gaddafi (and Libya is now a paradise) and we still see them as the good guys?

Na small sense.

There was actually a weapon of mass destruction and they found it and neutralized it.

It was found inside a hole instead of a bunker.

But your small boy sense no go allow you decode it.

If they decide to come for the lifeless one you think they will call the name?
Re: Donald Rumsfeld Dead At 88 by Mftivi: 9:23am On Jul 01, 2021
xpressionx:

Are you a card carrying member of Bokoharam or APC?
olodo read books you will realize what he is pointing out.
Re: Donald Rumsfeld Dead At 88 by Blakpot: 9:29am On Jul 01, 2021
May he burn in hell!!!
Re: Donald Rumsfeld Dead At 88 by xpressionx(m): 9:29am On Jul 01, 2021
Mftivi:
olodo read books you will realize what he is pointing out.

I already know you as a TERRORIST.
so dont quote me ever again.
light and darkness has no business.
Re: Donald Rumsfeld Dead At 88 by Mftivi: 9:34am On Jul 01, 2021
xpressionx:

I already know you as a TERRORIST.
so dont quote me ever again.
light and darkness has no business.
dumb skull!
Re: Donald Rumsfeld Dead At 88 by murphyibiam15(m): 9:48am On Jul 01, 2021
Beancounter93:

We can be 'corruption free' if Nigerians can use their 'powers' inherent in democracy....
Lol, you didn't disappoint, I just knew you were another theoretical online free speech talker grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Donald Rumsfeld Dead At 88 by hope4nigeria(m): 9:49am On Jul 01, 2021
juman:
May he rot in hell fire.

The war was a failure.

because you bandits are untouchable in Nigeria, America would have pound you very well.
Re: Donald Rumsfeld Dead At 88 by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 01, 2021
murphyibiam15:

Lol, you didn't disappoint, I just knew you were another theoretical online free speech talker grin grin cheesy

And you are just an armchair critic who does not take risks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Macron Calls On Europe To Quit Dependency On US Arms / Hundreds Protest In Niger Demanding Departure Of US Troops / 8.2 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Alaska USA, Triggering warnings(Pix,Vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.