Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,357 members, 7,819,280 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Meet The Ceo Of Nigeria’s Cheapest Airline Company - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Meet The Ceo Of Nigeria’s Cheapest Airline Company (397 Views)

Meet Precious Nwosu, The CEO Of Pians Enterprise / Oyin Jolayemi Biography Of The CEO Of Daily Need Group / Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Ceo Of Nigeria’s Cheapest Airline Company by kennysoftSTUDIO(m): 4:19pm On Jul 01, 2021
Welcome to the future – you are one flight closer to your dreams and destinations”. As boldly written in their website, Green Africa Airways, a new entrant to the Nigerian aviation sector, is disrupting the airline business with low airfares that start from N16,500, the lowest in the country. The Lagos-based airline was founded by Nigerian born entrepreneur Babawande Afolabi.

EARLY LIFE AND EDUCATION
Babawande Afolabi, was born in 1983 in Ile-Ife Osun state. Babawande Afolabi understands poverty; he grew up seeing it every day in his homeland of Nigeria. “People cannot afford to eat, feed their children or send them to school,” said Afolabi, who came to the United States in 2006 to attend Illinois Wesleyan. “The majority of the people in Nigeria live in rural areas, and these people really feel the pangs of poverty.” Afolabi arrived in America intent on finding a way to help his home country. Here, he discovered the emerging concept of “microloans,” small loans to individuals to help them start businesses. “Giving people microloans means giving them a shot at life,” says Afolabi. “Small businesses give people the means to send children to school, hopefully raising the literacy rates and lowering crime. It provides a new foundation for society.” Focused on his pursuit of bringing microloans to Nigeria, Afolabi applied for an internship with Sponsors for Educational Opportunity (SEO), which places minority students with some of the nation’s top companies. Of the more than 5,000 students who applied for internships through SEO, Afolabi is one of only 438 students to receive an internship, working this summer for Morgan Stanley on Wall Street.

To continue reading please click the link: https://kennysoftstudio.com/blog_post?title=meet-the-ceo-of-nigeria-s-cheapest-airline-company

Re: Meet The Ceo Of Nigeria’s Cheapest Airline Company by slimjohn2k5: 4:40pm On Jul 01, 2021
Putting a face to the money stolen by polithiefchians

1 Like

Re: Meet The Ceo Of Nigeria’s Cheapest Airline Company by proff010: 4:44pm On Jul 01, 2021
Sense will not kill you.
slimjohn2k5:
Putting a face to the money stolen by polithiefchians
Re: Meet The Ceo Of Nigeria’s Cheapest Airline Company by Henrydonland(m): 4:47pm On Jul 01, 2021
proff010:
Sense will not kill you.

I swear grin grin grin
Re: Meet The Ceo Of Nigeria’s Cheapest Airline Company by SavageResponse(m): 8:24am On Jul 02, 2021
I would rather fly with an airline that is expensive but has wel maintained aircraft than one that is cheap b just for it's sake
Re: Meet The Ceo Of Nigeria’s Cheapest Airline Company by Agbaboyeksu: 12:15pm On Jul 02, 2021
Graphic design is a high indemand skill, I'm will to teach anyone that
1. Is passionate about learning
2. Has time to dedicate to learning
3. Has a laptop.

Learning is fully virtual, beep me on WhatsApp 07069214817

I'll first send my catelogue for you to access my previous work, after then you can decide to join the train or now

(1) (Reply)

I Have This Property But Don't Know The Business To Do. / Usa Number / What Broiler Business Is About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.