Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,899 members, 7,824,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Chimamanda Adichie: The Danger Of A Single Story - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chimamanda Adichie: The Danger Of A Single Story (8568 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie 'the Oba’s Words Matter' :: / Chimamanda Adichie: The Miraculous Deliverance Of Oga Jona / The Dangers Of A Single Story By Chiamanda Adichie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: The Danger Of A Single Story by Bawss1(m): 11:37am On May 10, 2011
Since when did ekt_bear join the Romance section?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: The Danger Of A Single Story by Nobody: 11:47am On May 10, 2011
Chinanza is not only a beautiful young woman she is also a very intelligent lady at that. cheesy
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: The Danger Of A Single Story by caspapa(m): 12:45pm On May 10, 2011
Tribalism is a disease. My best friend is Nwabueze, married to sister Temitope, they have two sons, Olaolu Nwabueze and Damilola Nwabueze. My sister, I mean my lovely sister is married to Audu, they have a son Temilade Ibrahim.

Tribalism is a disease. One of the weapons we can use to control this deadly disease is inter-tribal-marriage, please let promote inter-tribal-marriage for better Nigeria, when we see ourselves as one family we can never see others as Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba. Tribalism is a deadly disease, please let join hands to wipe it out.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: The Danger Of A Single Story by RoadStar: 12:47pm On May 10, 2011
I once read read something in a UK library about how there was no Yoruba or Igbo ethnic groups as it is today etc before the white man came.
We only used to have Egbas, Owos, Epes, Oyo, Ife etc
Same we had Onisha, ngwas , arochukwu, mbaise etc
It was the white man that came and detected the similiarity in language and called us Yoruba and Igbo.
Since then we've been fighting ourselves based on this.

That is because we never bothered to tell our own story ourselves. Our story was told by the British the way they saw it.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: The Danger Of A Single Story by duke4ever: 1:30pm On May 10, 2011
I can see a change of attitude and of relation on NL. At least, for once, as intelectuals lets use our minds 2 create things or ponder on issues that bind us together; be u Yoruba, Hausa or Igbo. I bet u NLs, if we can replicate this more in our way of life and in our home videos we will enjoy our peculiarities and Nigeria may go a long way to that which we have longed for, namely, a safe haven
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: The Danger Of A Single Story by Orikinla(m): 2:00pm On May 10, 2011
Ajanlekoko has said what I consider the best reply. Personally, I do not see humans from tribal or racial tinted glasses, but by what they do. By your works we shall know who you are. Either you are good or evil. Like most Okoro Igbo people seeing my pen name "Orikinla" mistake me for Yoruba and attack me WITHOUT FINDING OUT THE FACTS and others think I am from the Niger Delta to my amusement. The fact is, what matters most to humanity is the value you add to the human race, regardless of your tribe, race, class or creed. JUST BE HONEST AND DO THE RIGHT THING FOR THE COMMON GOOD AND NOT FOR SELFISH LUST. Finis.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: The Danger Of A Single Story by otokx(m): 4:21pm On May 10, 2011
Some things are easier said than done especially in Nigeria. Some times you just find yourself hearing; our ibo brothers when really nothing fishy happened.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: The Danger Of A Single Story by ak47mann(m): 6:46pm On May 10, 2011
caspapa:

Tribalism is a disease. My best friend is Nwabueze, married to sister Temitope, they have two sons, Olaolu Nwabueze and Damilola Nwabueze. My sister, I mean my lovely sister is married to Audu, they have a son Temilade Ibrahim.

Tribalism is a disease. One of the weapons we can use to control this deadly disease is inter-tribal-marriage, please let promote inter-tribal-marriage for better Nigeria, when we see ourselves as one family we can never see others as Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba. Tribalism is a deadly disease, please let join hands to wipe it out.

yes i want a Yoruba girl with big yarsh small waist and pointed boobs take join am tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: The Danger Of A Single Story by Nobody: 4:32am On May 11, 2011
@Ajanlekoko

Although your analysis is very comical, it is nonetheless a perfect summary of all the possible outcomes that we might have experienced had you not written it. You are one funny and insightful dude.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: The Danger Of A Single Story by favouredjb(f): 6:22am On May 11, 2011
we must tlk abt the good n ugly sides,though people tenjd to dwell on the bad side of issues
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: The Danger Of A Single Story by chylind5: 10:31am On May 11, 2011
I hate , Dislike and detest Yorubas. They are soo tribalistic and very dirty set of ppl. Am in love wit the Ibos and being an Ibo chik is the best thing that has happened to me. Long live the Federal Republic of Biafra. lol
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: The Danger Of A Single Story by ak47mann(m): 5:05pm On May 11, 2011
chylind5:

I hate , Dislike and detest Yorubas. They are soo tribalistic and very dirty set of ppl. Am in love wit the Ibos and being an Ibo chik is the best thing that has happened to me. Long live the Federal Republic of Biafra. lol
tongue tongue tongue
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: The Danger Of A Single Story by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 11, 2011
ak47mann:

yes i want a Yoruba girl with big yarsh small waist and pointed bosoms take join am tongue tongue tongue tongue
cheesy me sef i want an ijaw girl with catarpilla sized backside and big boobies like that of Cossy cheesy
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: The Danger Of A Single Story by shilling(f): 4:09am On May 12, 2011
chylind5:

Wow, strong word!! Disappointing!

Anyways, great talk by Chimamanda. Watched this a couple of years ago and was blown away!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: The Danger Of A Single Story by Jarus(m): 9:02pm On May 12, 2011
Ajanlekoko
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Did Tinubu Get The Money To Purchase His VP-CBT Private Jet ? / Prof Osibanjo Might Be In A Few Days Be Nigeria President / FG, Niger Republic To Partner On Rail Construction – Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.