Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,156 members, 7,835,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

The Costly Mistake Buhari Is Making Against Igboho - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Costly Mistake Buhari Is Making Against Igboho (3636 Views)

JUST IN: New Charges Levelled Against Igboho In Benin Republic / Yoruba Nation Agitators To Protest Against Igboho’s Detention In Cotonou / DSS Opts For Propaganda Against Igboho, Kanu - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Costly Mistake Buhari Is Making Against Igboho by Thandiubani(m): 7:39am On Jul 02, 2021
The costly mistake Buhari is making against Igboho

The DSS and Buhari got it very wrong by invading the house of Yoruba nation agitator, Sunday Igboho. Let me tell you the truth, Nigerians are not fools. The same pattern the security operatives used in invading Nnamdi Kanu’s house and killing his loved ones, that’s the same style they are using for Yoruba freedom fighter, Sunday Igboho.

Is it a crime to agitate for your own country? Why do the federal government demonize agitators as if they are next thing to terrorists? If a man seeks to separate from you, the simple thing you do is to put up a referendum to decide their fate. You don’t frame such a person up and use security operatives to hunt him down, kill his family and destroy his home. By so doing, you are creating a monster that will consume the nation.

You are also mistakenly creating sympathizers who see the injustice as an opportunity to join the freedom fighter.

The DSS had on Thursday confirmed that its operatives invaded the activist’s home killing and arresting his supporters at night. Curiously, they said that they recovered AK-47 gun.

Under Buhari’s order, security operatives have shown impunity - the Lekki shooting that was denied; the invasion of homes of judges etc. I dare say that I believe insinuations that the so-called guns they claim were recovered from Igboho’s house were planted there to make it seem like he’s a criminal. The whole idea is to use force to squash his secessionist ideals, force him to a compromise by using security operatives to hunt and attack him. Buhari has forgotten that Nigerians have been following his moves and were waiting for this leg. He doesn’t know by his actions that he’s bringing the breakup of the country closer when he opts to attack, intimidate and kill people seeking for self-determination. His preference to shield, protect criminal herdsmen and bandits from the north while using all manner of force available against people from the south is the glaring picture every southerner sees. He makes his nepotistic disposition so clear that there is nothing to hide again.

Of course the northerners are jubilating, hailing the president as ‘Buhari the first, protector of the northern realm, king of the caliphate.’ Indeed, this is a difficult time to be a southerner watching all the injustice in Buhari’s administration and remaining helpless. I was on Nairaland some days ago reading as northerners jubilated over the arrest of Kanu. Some said he should be locked inside a jail with a cow. I didn’t see such enthusiasm from them when the death of terrorist leader Abubakar Shekau was announced. In fact, it was an opposite response with some northerners hailing Shekau as a hero. This left me thinking that the northerners could be rejoicing over the arrest of Kanu because he’s an Igbo man. It occurred to me that anything that sees to the humiliation of the Igbo man is elixir to them.

Buhari by his own doing has divided Nigeria more than anyone alive today. Of course, when a nation like Nigeria with many tribes sees appointments favouring a particular ethnic group the way Buhari filled almost all important positions with northerners, there is bound to be agitations. You can’t be preaching one Nigeria with one hand and use the other hand to also be preaching against it. That is exactly what Buhari is doing.

You can’t be releasing terrorists back to the society, pampering bandits who have terrorized communities and killed hundreds of innocent people and expect people not to want their own country. You openly show support for killer herdsmen, making up excuses for them, but send the army and DSS to kill and destroy homes of people who say they are tired of living as Nigerians because of the glaring injustice by Buhari. And when the Attorney General of a whole country decides to address the country first in Hausa, you know for real who the first-class citizens are.

Come off it old man, you are creating a monster that will consume Nigeria.

Alexander Thandi Ubani
thandiubani@yahoo.com

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Costly Mistake Buhari Is Making Against Igboho by KillMNKnow(f): 7:40am On Jul 02, 2021
grin The English fluency people with their usual long talk......

Meanwhile here in the North we walk the walk

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Costly Mistake Buhari Is Making Against Igboho by Dpharisee: 7:41am On Jul 02, 2021
The guy above me is just a small irritant, he lives permanently on politics section and comments on every topic without making sense, he post memes that can start tribal bashing and creates new accounts constantly from Onionbandit to Killhimself etc.

I skip over comments like his while searching for reasonable comments to get valuable information which you may find on page 3 and not on page 1 occupied by the resident Bororos

42 Likes

Re: The Costly Mistake Buhari Is Making Against Igboho by Leemekzy: 7:46am On Jul 02, 2021
Nice write up. Noting but the truth. Some idiots will come here to say trash.

6 Likes

Re: The Costly Mistake Buhari Is Making Against Igboho by Cossybob(m): 7:47am On Jul 02, 2021
Damn nigga
This is actually what happens when a tyrant assumes office of the President. Oppositions smell his sword undecided

6 Likes

Re: The Costly Mistake Buhari Is Making Against Igboho by Paperwhite(m): 7:50am On Jul 02, 2021
Hehehe! In Buhari bigoted and ethnic centred world, if you're not a cow, bandit, fulani or radical BH terrorists just forget it.These are the invaluable entities as far as his government is concerned.

1 Like

Re: The Costly Mistake Buhari Is Making Against Igboho by Paperwhite(m): 7:50am On Jul 02, 2021
You can’t be releasing terrorists back to the society, pampering bandits who have terrorized communities and killed hundreds of innocent people and expect people not to want their own country. You openly show support for killer herdsmen, making up excuses for them.

But send the army and DSS to kill and destroy homes of people who say they are tired of living as Nigerians because of the glaring injustice by Buhari.

And when the Attorney General of a whole country decides to address the country first in Hausa, you know for real who the first-class citizens are.Come off it old man, you are creating a monster that will consume Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: The Costly Mistake Buhari Is Making Against Igboho by Kandeed: 7:58am On Jul 02, 2021
Abegii mai we hear word jare

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Costly Mistake Buhari Is Making Against Igboho by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 02, 2021
KillMNKnow:

Lol. You're "only walking the walk" because you slyly focused your existence in Nigeria to be about politics alone and not productivity like the Yorubas and others.

What are you proud of? Open bias and selective use of political power that is dividing Nigeria and doing damage that will take decades to repair.

Upon cornering all Nigeria's public wealth, offices and powers, look at the fate of ordinary Northerners who constitute 87% of the poorest people in Nigeria.

I really feel sorry for yoi guys because it is obvious why your leaders and elite abuse and underdevelop you thus making you some of the most backwards people in Africa and the world.

Imagine walking Cows thousands of kilometer in this day and age and non other than a whole Pesident is defending that by talking of reopening grazing routes.

Would it not be better, once and for all, to develop Ranched animal husbandry such as Nations with even larger output of Cows than Nigeria have done for decades now?

Keep boasting about the wrong thing nd jubilting Kanu's arrest. It is that myopia and lack of exposure of educated Northerners, like you, that keeps your people and region as they are.

10 Likes

Re: The Costly Mistake Buhari Is Making Against Igboho by Kyase(m): 8:06am On Jul 02, 2021
All these English no go help
Walk the talk abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Costly Mistake Buhari Is Making Against Igboho by mekuso89(m): 8:10am On Jul 02, 2021
Nigeria is collapsing but you stupid youths can't see

3 Likes

Re: The Costly Mistake Buhari Is Making Against Igboho by vedaxcool(m): 8:13am On Jul 02, 2021
[s]
Thandiubani:

The DSS and Buhari got it very wrong by invading the house of Yoruba nation agitator, Sunday Igboho. Let me tell you the truth, Nigerians are not fools. The same pattern the security operatives used in invading Nnamdi Kanu’s house and killing his loved ones, that’s the same style they are using for Yoruba freedom fighter, Sunday Igboho.

Is it a crime to agitate for your own country? Why do the federal government demonize agitators as if they are next thing to terrorists? If a man seeks to separate from you, the simple thing you do is to put up a referendum to decide their fate. You don’t frame such a person up and use security operatives to hunt him down, kill his family and destroy his home. By so doing, you are creating a monster that will consume the nation.

You are also mistakenly creating sympathizers who see the injustice as an opportunity to join the freedom fighter.

The DSS had on Thursday confirmed that its operatives invaded the activist’s home killing and arresting his supporters at night. Curiously, they said that they recovered AK-47 gun.

Under Buhari’s order, security operatives have shown impunity - the Lekki shooting that was denied; the invasion of homes of judges etc. I dare say that I believe insinuations that the so-called guns they claim were recovered from Igboho’s house were planted there to make it seem like he’s a criminal. The whole idea is to use force to squash his secessionist ideals, force him to a compromise by using security operatives to hunt and attack him. Buhari has forgotten that Nigerians have been following his moves and were waiting for this leg. He doesn’t know by his actions that he’s bringing the breakup of the country closer when he opts to attack, intimidate and kill people seeking for self-determination. His preference to shield, protect criminal herdsmen and bandits from the north while using all manner of force available against people from the south is the glaring picture every southerner sees. He makes his nepotistic disposition so clear that there is nothing to hide again.

Of course the northerners are jubilating, hailing the president as ‘Buhari the first, protector of the northern realm, king of the caliphate.’ Indeed, this is a difficult time to be a southerner watching all the injustice in Buhari’s administration and remaining helpless. I was on Nairaland some days ago reading as northerns jubilated over the arrest of Kanu. Some said he should be locked inside a jail with a cow. I didn’t see such enthusiasm from them when the death of terrorist leader Abubakar Shekau was announced. In fact, it was an opposite response with some northerners hailing Shekau as a hero. This left me thinking that the northerners could be rejoicing over the arrest of Kanu because he’s an Igbo man. It occurred to me that anything that sees to the humiliation of the Igbo man is elixir to them.

Buhari by his own doing has divided Nigeria more than anyone alive today. Of course, when a nation like Nigeria with many tribes sees appointments favouring a particular ethnic group the way Buhari filled almost all important positions with northerners, there is bound to be agitations. You can’t be preaching one Nigeria with one hand and use the other hand to also be preaching against it. That is exactly what Buhari is doing.

You can’t be releasing terrorists back to the society, pampering bandits who have terrorized communities and killed hundreds of innocent people and expect people not to want their own country. You openly show support for killer herdsmen, making up excuses for them, but send the army and DSS to kill and destroy homes of people who say they are tired of living as Nigerians because of the glaring injustice by Buhari. And when the Attorney General of a whole country decides to address the country first in Hausa, you know for real who the first-class citizens are.

Alexander Thandi Ubani
thandiubani@yahoo.com
[/s]

Balderdash!! Without lies your op would have been a meaningless piece of gibberish.

1 Like

Re: The Costly Mistake Buhari Is Making Against Igboho by KRSWon: 8:16am On Jul 02, 2021
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Balderdash!! Without lies you op would have been a meaningless piece of gibberish.

Care to counter any of his points instead of striking out his post and calling it "lies" or "gibberish"?

4 Likes

Re: The Costly Mistake Buhari Is Making Against Igboho by ekesimo(m): 8:20am On Jul 02, 2021
KillMNKnow:

Cos of say una darling patron dey sit abi?
Enjoy it while it last

1 Like

Re: The Costly Mistake Buhari Is Making Against Igboho by vedaxcool(m): 8:25am On Jul 02, 2021
[s]
ekesimo:

Cos of say una darling patron dey sit abi?
Enjoy it while it last
[/s]

In the video, Igboho said: “If not that you (Yoruba political officer holders) are all unfortunate representatives, you should be leading us in the secessionist struggle.

But you are busy campaigning for the next Presidential election. You must be mad.

“You should know that you are not supposed to seek election to the office of the President, you are supposed to identify with our (Yoruba) agitation and lead us in the secession activities.

“I will not allow you to campaign because I will kill you all (Yoruba politicians) before campaigns start (in 2023), I swear by God.

“I will not allow you to campaign because we will kill you all (Yoruba politicians) before their campaigns for elections. I swear by God. It is either they go elsewhere or we will shoot them with guns from the back

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/03/sunday-igboho-securitymen-in-botched-arrest-drama/

Don't think we would waste our time with every foolish post thrown in wilderness.

1 Like

Re: The Costly Mistake Buhari Is Making Against Igboho by DoggoneDogg: 8:29am On Jul 02, 2021
Oga OP.
Did you type this epistle when soldiers invaded Nnamdi Kanu's home & tried to kill him??

1 Like

Re: The Costly Mistake Buhari Is Making Against Igboho by iamDrRhymes(m): 8:36am On Jul 02, 2021
I am indifferent about the invasion into Igboho’s house but you saying all those guns were arranged to make him look like a criminal shows that you are far from reality.

Do you know who Igboho was before coming out to be an acclaimed ‘activist’? Have you ever thought about where he got the money to buy all those cars in his house?

Am not supporting government but Igboho owns those guns.

1 Like

Re: The Costly Mistake Buhari Is Making Against Igboho by Thandiubani(m): 8:42am On Jul 02, 2021
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Balderdash!! Without lies you op would have been a meaningless piece of gibberish.

Mention the lies.
Re: The Costly Mistake Buhari Is Making Against Igboho by escapefromusa(f): 8:47am On Jul 02, 2021
KillMNKnow:

Since the Twitter brouhaha... nairaland has become a place for submitting dissertations and thesis.

PDP very clueless party.
Re: The Costly Mistake Buhari Is Making Against Igboho by CilicMarin: 8:49am On Jul 02, 2021
Why are the Igbos wailing more than the Yorubas on Igboho's matter?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Costly Mistake Buhari Is Making Against Igboho by adeniyiemmanuel(m): 8:51am On Jul 02, 2021
Dpharisee:
The guy above me is just a small irritant, he lives permanently on politics section and comments on every topic without making sense, he post memes that can start tribal bashing and creates new accounts constantly from Onionbandit to Killhimself etc.
I skip over comments like his while searching for reasonable comments to get valuable information which you may find on page 3 and not on page 1 occupied by the resident Bororos
frankly speaking wat as this innocent freedom fighters done wrong?
To deserve this Curiel & barbaric attitude frm
Frm this government?

2 Likes

Re: The Costly Mistake Buhari Is Making Against Igboho by AchalugoNwa(f): 8:51am On Jul 02, 2021
CilicMarin:
Why are the Igbos wailing more than the Yorubas on Igboho's matter?
stale tactics

2 Likes

Re: The Costly Mistake Buhari Is Making Against Igboho by ken6488(m): 9:09am On Jul 02, 2021
2023 is pay back year
Re: The Costly Mistake Buhari Is Making Against Igboho by CalabarDude(m): 10:00am On Jul 02, 2021
KillMNKnow:

Thats Why Civilization Is Far From Ur People, Headslammers
Re: The Costly Mistake Buhari Is Making Against Igboho by Tmex(m): 10:02am On Jul 02, 2021
They knew we are mumu. This singular act is enough to cause tension capable of fragmenting this country.

1 Like

Re: The Costly Mistake Buhari Is Making Against Igboho by OnionBandit(f): 10:11am On Jul 02, 2021
adeniyiemmanuel:
frankly speaking wat as this innocent freedom fighters done wrong?
To deserve this Curiel & barbaric attitude frm
Frm this government?
You don't have 1% information the government have got. This same government has been silent for a long time ..we all blamed Buhari for being silent.. Now he is acting and you guys are still talking. Imagine hoodlums hoodlums hiding under this unnecessary rally to cause problems, you will blame the government. Is it possible for 5 Nigerians to gather without 2 of them being criminal minded? You guys should just stfu and stop yapping Nonsense pls

Too many kids on this forum sef
Re: The Costly Mistake Buhari Is Making Against Igboho by Adegbem01(m): 10:51am On Jul 02, 2021
iamDrRhymes:
I am indifferent about the invasion into Igboho’s house but you saying all those guns were arranged to make him look like a criminal shows that you are far from reality.

Do you know who Igboho was before coming out to be an acclaimed ‘activist’? Have you ever thought about where he got the money to buy all those cars in his house?

Am not supporting government but Igboho owns those guns.
Even if he owns those guns, due process were not follow, he can deny it and claim the unofficial visit of the arms men had a mischievous plan, to frame him up. But it a shame, even court order and proceedings are mismanage in this era too
It either he sacrifice all and let everything play out or he better run... Cos this government no send, law, people or even international community. They will do him anyhow, if he decides to stay in this country and no mumu (either an individual or a group) in this country can save him from this tyrant FG
Re: The Costly Mistake Buhari Is Making Against Igboho by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 02, 2021
Thandiubani:

Of course the northerners are jubilating, hailing the president as ‘Buhari the first, protector of the northern realm, king of the caliphate.’ Indeed, this is a difficult time to be a southerner watching all the injustice in Buhari’s administration and remaining helpless. I was on Nairaland some days ago reading as northerners jubilated over the arrest of Kanu. Some said he should be locked inside a jail with a cow. I didn’t see such enthusiasm from them when the death of terrorist leader Abubakar Shekau was announced. In fact, it was an opposite response with some northerners hailing Shekau as a hero. This left me thinking that the northerners could be rejoicing over the arrest of Kanu because he’s an Igbo man. It occurred to me that anything that sees to the humiliation of the Igbo man is elixir to them.

Alexander Thandi Ubani
thandiubani@yahoo.com
.. Sharrraaaaapppppppp !
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Tinubu And His Minions Brought Down Jonathan's Government (pics/vids) / Nnamdi Kanu Cannot Pull This Crowd Ijelespeaks Pulled - PHOTOS / Son Of Late Emir Of Kano Marries Two Wives Same Day (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.