|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,757,653 members, 6,553,868 topics. Date: Sunday, 24 October 2021 at 02:00 PM
Did DSS Share 2013 Photos As Items Recovered From Igboho’s House? / Sunday Igboho’s House Attacked 72 Hours To Lagos Yoruba Nation Rally (Pictures) / Hoodlums Fired Gunshots At Igboho’s House Before Setting It On Fire – Police (2) (3) (4)
|See What Was Found In Sunday Igboho's House In Ibadan by Slayer1914: 4:54pm On Jul 02|
PRESS BRIEFING AT THE NATIONAL HEADQUARTERS OF THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE SERVICES (DSS) ABUJA ON A JOINT SECURITY OPERATION ON
1ST JULY, 2021 AT IBADAN, OYO STATE
In the early hours (about 0134 hours) of today, 1st July, 2021, a joint team of security operatives raided the residence of Sunday Adeniyi Adeyemo a.k.a. SUNDAY IGBOHO at Soka, Ibadan, Oyo State. This was based on intelligence that he had stockpiled arms in the place. On approach to the residence, the team came under heavy gun attack by nine (9) men, suspected to be IGBOHO’s guards. Six (6) of them were armed with AK-47 gun and Three (3) others, with Pump-Action riffles.
2. In the course of the exchange, two (2) of IGBOHO’s armed men were gunned down while the rest were subdued and arrested. Only one operative who was shot by the assailants on his right hand sustained injury. He has however received medical attention and is very stable.
3. Afterwards, the team procedurally searched the house and subsequently recovered the following among others:
i. Seven (7) AK-47 assault rifles;
ii. Three (3) Pump Action guns;
iii. Thirty (30) fully charged AK-47 magazines;
iv. Five Thousand (5,000) rounds of 7.62mm ammunition;
v. Five (5) Cutlasses, One (1) Jack knife, One (1) Pen Knife
vi. Two (2) Pistol holsters;
vii. One (1) binoculars
viii. A wallet containing Five (5) US Dollars in one (1) Dollar denomination; local and international driver’s licences in his name, ATM Cards, a German residence permit No. YO2N6K1NY bearing his name;
ix. Two (2) whistles;
x. Fifty (5) Cartridges;
xi. Eighteen (18) Walkie-Talkies;
xii. Three Voodoo charm jackets/traditional body armour;
xiii. Two (2) Laptops (One (1) Toshiba and One (1) Compaq); and
xiv. His International Passport and those of many others (as displayed here). Further exploitation and forensic analysis are ongoing.
4. Aside the items recovered from the building, about thirteen (13) suspects including twelve (12) males and one (1) female were arrested and brought to Abuja. While one suspect is being profiled, the other twelve (12) paraded here are:
i. Abdulateef OFEYAGBE
ii. Amoda BABATUNDE aka Lady K (female)
iii. Tajudeen ERINOYEN
iv. Diakola ADEMOLA
v. Abideen SHITTU
vi. Jamiu NOAH
vii. Ayobami DONALD
viii. Adelabe USMAN
ix. Oluwafelumi KUNLE
x. Raji KAZEEM
xi. Taiwo OPEYEMI and
xii. Bamidele SUNDAY.
5. Highlights of this brief are to:
i. Inform Nigerians and the world that Sunday IGBOHO and his group, in the guise of campaign for self-determination, have become well-armed and determined to undermine public order. This, the arrests and seizures are, no doubt, a confirmation of a grand plan by IGBOHO and his cohorts to wage a violent insurrection against the Nigerian State.
ii. Alert foreign missions and licencing authorities within and outside Nigeria about this development and the possibility that IGBOHO could declare some of his personal permit and identity cards missing in order to seek their replacement.
iii. Apprise stakeholders that the Five (5) AK-47 assault rifles recovered from the building are suspected to be those collected by IGBOHO’s men from Nigerian Customs and Immigration personnel at Idi Iroko, Ogun State.
6. The gun duel which lasted for an hour offered IGBOHO the chance to escape. Sunday ADEYEMO a.k.a Sunday IGBOHO is now on the run. IGBOHO may run as far as he can. He may hide as long as he wants. He might have attacked security operatives as his strength carried him. But this will be the end of his shenanigans. Soon, he will not have a hiding place. His strength will sure fail him. And the law will catch up with him. The law may be slow. But it will be steady.
7. Consequently, ADEYEMO/IGBOHO is advised to turn himself in to the nearest security agency. Those cheering and eulogising him may appeal to or advise him to do the needful. He should surrender himself to the appropriate authorities. He or anyone can never be above the law. Meanwhile, those arrested will be charged accordingly.
Peter Afunanya, Ph.D
Public Relations Officer
Department of State Services
1st July, 2021
|Re: See What Was Found In Sunday Igboho's House In Ibadan by Dpharisee: 4:55pm On Jul 02|
|Re: See What Was Found In Sunday Igboho's House In Ibadan by Monogamy: 4:55pm On Jul 02|
See dirtiness.. Imagine the odour oozing from those jagba jantis
|Re: See What Was Found In Sunday Igboho's House In Ibadan by Bluntguy: 5:03pm On Jul 02|
The army should also display what was found with the Katsina bandits before we will agree that any bandits were Killed at all.
1 Like 1 Share
|Re: See What Was Found In Sunday Igboho's House In Ibadan by thot(m): 5:52pm On Jul 02|
Am still suprice about the govt power to arrest even KANU that's not in Nigeria, the strong Igboho but has failed to arrest bandict even when a negotiator knows there hideout. In don't seem to get all this dramma
|Re: See What Was Found In Sunday Igboho's House In Ibadan by Ayed44: 5:58pm On Jul 02|
|Re: See What Was Found In Sunday Igboho's House In Ibadan by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:10pm On Jul 02|
DSS, EFCC are only powerful when it's southern issue
When do we get to see a clearer picture of the acclaimed bandits killed in the North
One day , one day their monkey go go market e no go return
Yoruba Nation Protest Arrests: Lagos Police Raises Alarm Over Spiritual Attack / Bokoharam Surrender:tactical Maneuver On The South East And Southwest / Nigeria: Parallel Congresses Hit APC In Lagos, Oyo, Sokoto, A’ibom, Ogun, Others
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53