Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,356 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Savings In Insurance Or Bank, Which One Is Better? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Savings In Insurance Or Bank, Which One Is Better? (1047 Views)

Savings In Bank Or Savings In Cryptocurrency(bitcoin). Which One Is Better? / Before You Invest your Life Savings In Bitcoin / Why Dump All Your Savings In Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Savings In Insurance Or Bank, Which One Is Better? by obembet(f): 5:21pm On Jul 02, 2021
Dear Nairalanders, I was amazed when I see one Nairalander share the Amount he saved from January till date, but I am not discipline enough to save in piggy because I can break it any time. please which place is advisable to save money between banks and Insurance and state the reason.

I really what to start savings plan.

Lalasticlala
Seun
mynd44
Re: Savings In Insurance Or Bank, Which One Is Better? by obembet(f): 10:35am On Jul 03, 2021
mynd44
Re: Savings In Insurance Or Bank, Which One Is Better? by yazga: 11:34pm On Jul 06, 2021
obembet:
Dear Nairalanders, I was amazed when I see one Nairalander share the Amount he saved from January till date, but I am not discipline enough to save in piggy because I can break it any time. please which place is advisable to save money between banks and Insurance and state the reason.

Lalasticlala
Seun
mynd44
save in on an app
Re: Savings In Insurance Or Bank, Which One Is Better? by MuhdGombi(m): 8:08am On Jul 07, 2021
I think saving in Insurance is better. I now save with insurance companies

2 Likes

Re: Savings In Insurance Or Bank, Which One Is Better? by obembet(f): 9:33am On Jul 07, 2021
Lalasticlala
Re: Savings In Insurance Or Bank, Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 07, 2021
Both has its pros and cons
Re: Savings In Insurance Or Bank, Which One Is Better? by Elsueno: 9:09pm On Jul 07, 2021
My sister, u can save with me, very trustworthy...u can get 50% of ur Money at anytime u so wish. 100% withdrawal should come with a two weeks notice though grin

1 Like

Re: Savings In Insurance Or Bank, Which One Is Better? by Puya: 1:10pm On Jul 16, 2021
Saving in banks is better
Re: Savings In Insurance Or Bank, Which One Is Better? by SavageResponse(m): 3:28pm On Jul 16, 2021
obembet:

Lalasticlala
Seun
mynd44

At this point you should be more concerned about where your money will be safer.

Saving in banks is much safer cos that's what they're designed for, besides that they face stricter regulations and monitoring by the CBN
Re: Savings In Insurance Or Bank, Which One Is Better? by markkuss: 1:54pm On Jul 19, 2021
For me insurance is better because
. If you save 1million in a bank for 2 years for instance. They charge you for keeping cash with them..meaning you can can end up having less than the 1 million in a bank

But for saving in insurance when you save some insurance company gives you 2 in 1 savings plan where there are long term and short term..the long term have interest with cover..and the short term is accessible anytime..

But the most safest is insurance savings because they have cover in the case of unforseen circumstances and also there's interest in your savings

If you need more financial advice let me know

Kenny ogunsona
Old mutual insurance company

Re: Savings In Insurance Or Bank, Which One Is Better? by ibechris(m): 3:01pm On Jul 19, 2021
I feel that learning from other people's mistakes helps one to learn faster and to avoid some risks.

Insurance companies will certainly disappoint u especially when it is time to redeem ur cash. They are fond of quoting big figures and at the end, leave u to ur fate. U really have to be careful when dealing with them,although some are reputable but many of them will frustrate u after keeping ur money with them for too long. U can do a finding on this.

For banks,just look at the ones paying good interest such as inet banking by Fcmb is 7% ,polaris is also given at 6%,i heard fidelity is also good.

My personal advice:
In all of this,just find a mutual fund account and save all ur money,that way it will be out of sight,out of reach until the day u will redeem all ur funds.

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is One Likely T Make On 250k In The Stock Exchange Market / Invest In An Invesment Company and watch your money grow / Soyabeans Needed In Massive Quantity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.