Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,817 members, 7,827,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Please Advise Me As A Data Science Enthusiast - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Advise Me As A Data Science Enthusiast (241 Views)

Net Salary For A Data Analyst Or Scientist Or Web Dev / Data Analytics Enthusiast / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Advise Me As A Data Science Enthusiast by Mensa11: 8:02pm On Jul 02, 2021
Hello everyone . Good evening .
I’m an undergraduate final year student studying biochemistry.
I develop interest in learning data science as a skilll , though it’s out of my field of study but I’m ready to creat time and learn. But does it matter that i study computer science in school to have a greater prospect in the field?? Talking about securing a job, what chance do i have compared to those that study a computer science related course??

And I’m open to advice and mentorship if there’s any. Thanks��
Re: Please Advise Me As A Data Science Enthusiast by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 02, 2021
Most of those making an impact in the IT industry today didn't even attend the University, most took courses like Oracle DBMS, CCNA, Comptia A+ etc.

The IT industry is decentralised and quite welcoming to career changers. If you have the skills or certifications necessary for your field, it's a welcome idea.
Re: Please Advise Me As A Data Science Enthusiast by Mensa11: 8:24pm On Jul 02, 2021
Afriqan:
Most of those making an impact in the IT industry today didn't even attend the University, most took courses like Oracle DBMS, CCNA, Comptia A+ etc.

The IT industry is decentralised and quite welcoming to career changers. If you have the skills or certifications necessary for your field, it's a welcome idea.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Strictly Avoid These 6 Legal Issues Of Android App To Remain Safe / Have Your Own Website !!! / Let's Build Your Mobile App Android/ios, Reliable, Affordable And Trusted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.